What Are Some Natural Forms Of Birth Control?

Discussion in 'Birth Control' started by abarambling, Jun 13, 2015.

1. abarambling

abarambling Banned

After two years of not having sexual relations I think I'm finally ready to have them again. Well, to be honest I've been ready for two months now, but I didn't do anything about it because I thought it was my body playing tricks on me. Anyways, stating this is not really important to the thread. I think saying I'm ready is more for me. To hear it out loud, read it out loud.

ANYWAYS, for real this time....

In the past I've used latex free condoms. I will admit twice I have taken the morning after pill and a few (too many times) I done the pull out method. I want to have sex regularly, so I figured taking the initiative and not just counting on the guy would be a good route for me to go. I know, I know I should have done this when I started having sex eight or so years ago. But, the thing is that before when I was having sex I only had sex once or so a year. So, I didn't think I needed all the protection.

I want something that is more natural and that it doesn't have a ton of side effects. I don't want to gain like 1000 pounds and start looking like a man. And I don't want my body to get depended on the birth control.

I've been reading the threads on here and there was something about tracking my ovulation cycle as a form of birth control. But, I can't find the thread. I'm kind of interested in that. I'm just scared because I'm stupid as heck that I will mis-track it. So, I was wondering if there was like a 'natural pill' instead of taking 'the pill'.

Honestly, I don't even think I can have kids (that's another story), but still.

DrRainbow likes this.
  2. Pieceofmyheart

Pieceofmyheart Grumpy old bitch HipForums Supporter

If you aren't in a long term monogamous relationship...use condoms.

drock69 and Nymira like this.
  3. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

I believe op is of the age where the men maybe didn't grow up in the condom croud.likemyself. and they don't like wearing them....like myself.....

I would take a pass on most women in my demographic if they insisted on condoms.....withdrawal and depleted fish is the way to go here.......

by that I mean.....we old guys don't mind splashing onto your breasts or stomach....or back....back is not my favorite splashpad though

make the dude cum outside of you....keep his sperm stock depleted with blowjobs

lastly....for the right woman I would absolutely have gotten snipped

The Shark likes this.
  4. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I would honestly not attempt the natural method of tracking your ovulation unless you are very regular, and also only if you are in a monogamous relationship.

I hate birth control in all forms but I wouldn't trust myself with the natural method so I just take the pill. If you're looking for something non hormonal, there is a non hormonal IUD. I have an irrational fear society will collapse and I wouldn't be able to find a doctor to take it out...so no IUD for me lol, but I really would love to try it because I hate taking hormones, I've been on 3 different types of birth control in 3 yrs and none of them agree with me.

if you're only having occasional sex and you're not in a monogamous relationship condoms probably are the best, least hassle way to go.

Eric! likes this.
  5. abarambling

abarambling Banned

I think you can have regular intercourse without being in such relationships. And I think if you are going to have regular intercourse you should definitely use more protection than just condoms.

6. abarambling

abarambling Banned

It's more a friends with benefit kind of thing. I never had one of those kind of relationships, but I figured that with such a relationship my sexual activity will increase. Because he isn't just a guy. He is my friends. It's not monogamous, though. However, I doubt he is with anyone else.

That's why I was considering the natural method because I know him. Or I feel like I do. I would never do the natural method on some guy I just have met. Because that protects us from unwanted pregnancy, but not me from getting an STD.

Finally, I still think using more protection than the almighty condom is a good thing, not just for mongramous relationships, especially if you're going from having very irregular sex to more frequent sex.

7. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Lifetime Supporter

I'm 46.
    I have (my second) Mirena.
    I was never a fan of hormonal BC, especially with estrogen.
    Mirena is hormonal, but more localized and no estrogen.

I've haven't had a period since month two of the first one. Six long, lovely cramp free years so far. I plan on riding this through menopause.

Before this I did ovulation timing plus condoms.

If you know kids aren't for you, have you considered sterilization?

8. abarambling

abarambling Banned

Didn't know there was such thing as female sterilization. Sounds abrasive, though. Either way it's not that I'm not interested in kids. I am. I work (used to work before I got too sick) in daycare and my career path when I was going to college was targeted towards children. It's just I used to get beat up a lot when I was younger, and I particularly got kicked in the stomach a lot. Because of that I don't think my female organs are right anymore in order to have kids. I still have never messed around without protection, though. Not just because of the risk of getting an STD, but because maybe all these years of thinking I can never have kids is actually wrong.

All in all, I do want kids, but I also want to have them when I'm in a loving relationship with a male who loves me as much as I love him. I don't even have luck getting that, so either way whether or not I can physically have kids... kids are not in my future.

So, Mirena. I'll ask my doctor about it.

9. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Natural birth control. That's called staying in school and doing your homework. :)

10. abarambling

abarambling Banned

I was in school and I did do my school work. All in the past.
    Does that count?

1 person likes this.
  11. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I feel you need to reach a higher education level. You should enroll in night classes and stay in them and do your homework. :)

None this think about sex business.

12. abarambling

abarambling Banned

Are you calling me stupid, yo?
    I am actually kind of stupid. I'm sure if I took one of those IQ tests I would score below average.

Anyways, I went to college, got myself in like $10,000 in debt, and dropped out. No completed degree. No aspirations met. That is life. I'm emotionally content with what happened. And I'm not financially unstable because of it.

13. beagles 'n' lox

beagles 'n' lox Typing Challened

My wife is the exact opposite, she fears going to the doctor to take it out. But in anycase it always worked for us, recommend.

14. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Tourniquet.

Eric! likes this.
  15. Ashalicious

Ashalicious Senior Member

Natural forms of birth control? Abstinence...

My husband and I use the pull out method. I wouldn't reccomend this if you are looking to have copious amounts of casual sex though. You might want to look into an IUD, and use condoms if you don't know your partner very well. You want to make sure you protect against STD's.

Have fun!

16. abarambling

abarambling Banned

I can't believe there aren't any natural forms of birth control, considering the green life movement is at its peak now. More people than ever are going green and all that. I guess you can consider the pull out method as natural. In a oxymoron kind of way abstinence can be too. Of course, there is tracking the 'baby maker'. But, I just thought there was like legit something natural. Like a vitamin, essential oils, herbs, etc that protect from pregnancy. I mean what did people do before all this talk of 'the pill'?

I'm not too worried about an STD. I only have one person in mind to sex up and I doubt he is STD ridden. And it's not like I'm planning to have sex with him like a pair of diseased rats. I'm not that into sex. I guess it only takes once, and that one time is all that matters.

You know what I think?
    YOU KNOW WHAT I THINK?
    You are all lying to me and know more than you're providing me with.
    I know, I know... it would be kind of awkward for all of us if I come back nine months later with a pregnancy and/or an STD thread.

1 person likes this.
  17. MikeE

MikeE Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Well, birth control is extremely unnatural, so its not surprising that abstinence, oral sex, etc. are the only effective methods of natural birth control.

Natural birth control is kind of like "natural scuba gear".

Nature don't work that way.

The green movement is about using nature to achieve our ends, not about subduing nature to our wills. And nature has a habit of seeking to breed. Seeking hard.

18. Pieceofmyheart

Pieceofmyheart Grumpy old bitch HipForums Supporter

As an old lady that's been around...please do not assume someone is STD free. He could have something like say....the herpes virus and have little or no symptoms, it could be passed to you and it's pretty much for life. You really cannot tell by looking at someone or even knowing someone if they are STD ridden. IMO, unless you are in a 100% monogamous relationship, you should use condoms. I know it isn't as fun.

The only forms of natural birth control is abstinence, rhythm method, and pulling out(which does not work well)

As far as that Mirena...very unnatural. They implant a foreign device in your uterus. It does secret a hormone into your uterus, the same one that is used in the Plan B pill. Any hormone you are putting in your body that is not made by your body is unnatural. Stopping your monthly cycle is also unnatural, no matter how much you hate your period, it serves a purpose in the woman's body.

Just an opinion from a grumpy old lady :)

19. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Lifetime Supporter

Males carry but rarely have symptoms from chlamidya.

20. Alice1991

Alice1991 Members

I also think all the natural ways are good only for monogamous relationships.