What’s the appeal of bongs?

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by TrumpCards, May 27, 2018.

1. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

yeah, but plastic bongs can break too (just not as easily), and they are much less pleasant to smoke out of. it's not easy to break a glass bong as long as you're being careful with it. they're usually pretty thick.

i always assumed it's just because you're more likely to cough after taking a huge hit. so it's not necessarily the cough that makes you higher, it's just an indication that you took a good hit that will make you higher.

but that's just my guess, i really don't know. as someone who has smoked a lot of weed in my life, i can definitely vouch for the validity of the statement.

2. la Principessa

la Principessa Old School HF Member

Overrated. You waste more.

3. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Ever bong I've broken which was glass was because I somehow pushed the ass out when I was cleaning it with a bottle brush. :p

4. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Glass bongs today are made with thicker tempered glass so they're harder to break. I have one that's still intact though I've broken 2 diffusers while cleaning it...

[​IMG] So I said fuck it and bought a silicone diffuser. Speaking of which, has anyone tried a silicone bong? They may work perfectly well but IMO they just don't look right.

5. deleted

deleted Visitor

they look like sex toys..

eggsprog likes this.
  6. quark

quark Parts Unknown

I have a buddy with a silicone bong. His gf thinks it’s retarded.

Every time I go back home I smoke out of it and say “oh, the old mule’s still kickin’”. I think it’s close to 2 years old now.

7. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

That I agree with, although it does make a good chaser when you're drinking too.

8. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

My bong is German. From Black LEaf. I keep it clean.

9. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Good deal, uz Germanz Ze Bezt atz bongz engineeringz :D.

Probably anyway.

eggsprog and Driftrue like this.
  10. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i don't think i've ever broken a bong. i can only really think of two broken bongs i've even encountered. a college roommate had his glass bong broken when a friend tried to clean it for him and switched from hot to cold water too fast, and another college roommate somehow managed to slam his plastic bong in his car door.

i think the only smoking apparatus i've broken myself was a glass chillum i used to have. i've always had a bit of a problem where if i'm holding something and not actively thinking about it, i just sort of let go. so i was smoking out of the chillum one day and my mind started to wander, and suddenly it was on the tile floor in multiple pieces. i actually managed to salvage it by putting tape over the broken mouthpiece, but then i did the exact same thing a couple months later and it was a goner at that point.

if i ever have a baby, maybe i shouldn't hold it.

11. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

Yeah, you can't salvage a baby with tape. So long as you're supervised you should be okay.

12. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Just took two bong hits.
    It needs a clean.

13. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

Bongs are to stoners what big trucks with loud pipes are to rednecks... An expression of their tiny dicks... People whom vape and feel the need to blow huge clouds of vapor also fall into this catagory.

eggsprog likes this.
  14. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Did someone put a bong in your ass at a frat party? You can't be the first one to pass out dude. :tearsofjoy:

15. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Or, bongs are just by far the easiest way to smoke your weed from. Don't need to roll, don't need to fiddle with vapes you just scoop your weed, burn and suck.

Driftrue and McFuddy like this.
  16. Driftwood Gypsy

Driftwood Gypsy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

what's with the hostility? All toking is good, to each their own....

Driftrue and Irminsul like this.
  17. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Bongs 4 life :D

18. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

I think he's more talking about people with ridiculously big and expensive bongs. The ones who always make sure you know that they have one.

19. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Lol, yeah well he posted a pic of his vape the other day so if he's gonna be picking on peoples bong choices then LOL.

20. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

You sure are sensitive fellas