What’s the appeal of bongs?

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by TrumpCards, May 27, 2018.

1. TrumpCards

TrumpCards Visitor

I’ve smoked weed in joints, blunts, pipes, foil pipes, fruit, and bongs (the only other way I can think of that I never tried was a vaporizer).

Between all of those, bongs were the absolute worst. Besides it’s the economically worst way to smoke, it doesn’t feel as good to your lungs as pipe smoking. With pipe smoking, you can take deeper hits if you wish, or you can relax and take less extreme hits.

As for bong smoking by itself, it takes a little practice to not fuck it up (and when you consider how much weed you’re smoking, that’s an even further waste of weed).

Thoughts?

2. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Ideal weed use would be a vaporizer you should try it.

Interesting that you found bongs harsh because the whole point of the water is to get a smooth and clean hit. It is true that they burn weed a lot quicker if you are trying to conserve compared to a smaller pipe. You also can not take them anywhere. I've seen a few people smuggle them into festivals but I wonder why. They are a pain in the ass to carry around compared to a small pipe. But some people are very picky about the bong's ability to give big hits. Personally I have some but I have never been into having fancy expensive ones. What is the point? It gets me stoned and if it's decent glass it is fine. Bong art is a big thing to some people. $4,000 bongs that you could smoke out of but you can never clean. I would rather have $3,800 of weed and a $200 bong.

eggsprog likes this.
  3. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

What a bunch of hogwash. lol

I don't agree with you, TrumpCards.

dethmetalchick likes this.
  4. deleted

deleted Visitor

I don't like bongs use them once in a while.

5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Umm using Bongs isn't the worst economical way to smoke. Joints are way worse you just burning away weed in a joint, you get the whole hit in a water pipe.

Matias and dethmetalchick like this.
  6. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

blunts are the least economical. OP should try a waterpipe. best of both worlds.

BirdFlu, eggsprog and Irminsul like this.
  7. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

For Weed, Bongs are by far the most efficient way for me to get stoned. So much so in fact, that I don't smoke from them anymore, because these days rarely do I care to be that high. If you tried bongs only a couple times, maybe the bowl of the Bong(s) you smoked out of were clogged or the weed was weak or something. It seems like Dabbing has somewhat cut into the appeal of Bongs, but smoking from Bongs can produce a level of high intensity similar to Dabs.

8. Si69

Si69 Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Bongs are good, good hit and with a small bowl pretty economical. But yeah not very transportable. I use a small "traveller" pipe most of the time.....can take a puff or two then close and put in your pocket. Very economical and effective. I tried a vapouriser to save my lungs but I reckon less effect.

Simon :)

9. quark

quark Parts Unknown

I believe it's phallic.

10. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

There's weed in them...

BirdFlu, eggsprog and RetiredHippie like this.
  11. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I've recently been rolling joints as my wife find it's easier to smoke for her, and, I've come to realise, I love the taste of a joint. I still don't condone burning the weed like that, I'd rather a good bong rip right into my skull fucks me up, but, the smell and taste of a joint is pretty nice.

Orison and eggsprog like this.
  12. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I'm pretty economical about my weed use and still prefer joints. They don't keep on burning long after you stop taking hits from it. With a bong you get too much in one time so you either take it all in because you don't wanna waste or you take in what you like and more gets wasted by burning it than in a J (in my experience! )

13. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I don't go skimpy on bong hits. Even if I know it might be too much, I'm pulling that cone all the way in my lungs. :D inhale, exhale, only MJ smoke, no joke.

McFuddy likes this.
  14. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I'm gonna toke up.
    :D

15. Driftwood Gypsy

Driftwood Gypsy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Bongs are inefficient (most of the weed falls in the water), but it's less harsh and gets you high easily.

BirdFlu likes this.
  16. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Lol no way, bongs are one of the best ways to get all the weed, joints are the worst you just burn your grass off between puffs but not a bong, your taking the entire hit in. Whatever falls through the bottom is ash.

17. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

not necessarily. for one thing, you can use a screen. and if you prefer not to (i never used a screen on bongs either), you can just put a larger chunk of weed in the bottom to act as a natural screen, and don't suck as hard when it gets near the end of the bowl.

18. Driftwood Gypsy

Driftwood Gypsy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Good points! Give me an excuse to buy a bong....

19. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

I only ever use a bong.
    It fucks you ups, Lebowski.

20. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

" What’s the appeal of bongs? "
    An enjoyable reflection of Hippier Daze = I.M.O.
    [​IMG]

BirdFlu likes this.