Were the moon landings faked?

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by verseau_miracle, Oct 19, 2005.

1. verseau_miracle

verseau_miracle Banned

We may have had this one here before. Im not sure, because science isnt usually my domain. But i'd like to hear people's views and ideas on this...and would also like to hear solid arguments for and against, if possible:p

thanks
    Love-Maxi.Xx

2. Lodog

Lodog ¿

Ask your grandparents.

3. verseau_miracle

verseau_miracle Banned

I would if they were still on this Earth. I do however believe my mother saw the landings on t.v, yet she's not convinced they were the real thing. I'm still completely open-minded though, and will consider any view with evidence to back it up...

4. Lodog

Lodog ¿

I believe they were real. I something like that turned out to be fake... a lot of people would have to much hell to pay, Now Roswell is a different story. I think something went on there.

5. shaggie

shaggie Senior Member

6. shaggie

shaggie Senior Member

7. EllisDTripp

EllisDTripp Green Secessionist

I'm quite sure that the government is well-practiced at exploiting mass-delusion to its advantage.

The history of half-hearted and less-than convincing attempts to deny the presence of extraterrestrial technology/spacecraft/remains at Area 51 is a good example. Perhaps the government DOESN'T want to completely kill of the rumors, because all the talk of "alien autopsies" and "little green men" provides a good smokescreen for what they might REALLY be doing there?

8. shaggie

shaggie Senior Member

9. drew172

drew172 Senior Member

If they went once.....how come they don't go back?

10. EllisDTripp

11. NovaOne

NovaOne Member

The Apollo ones were not, but the one George W. Bush is wanting probably will be.

12. Nisha

Nisha Forlorn.

hey i dont know- did jesus have a wife?

13. MikeE

MikeE Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

They did. Five times.

Did Jesus have a wife? I don't know. Does God have a navel?

14. drew172

drew172 Senior Member

They put men on the moon 5 times? I didn't know that....I thought I would have heard about it if they had gone more than once....:rolleyes:

15. MikeE

MikeE Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

16. shaggie

shaggie Senior Member

17. EllisDTripp

And Apollo 10 went into lunar orbit, and brought a lander down within 8 miles of the lunar surface. This was the "dress rehersal" for the next mission, which actually landed.

18. Jim Colyer

Jim Colyer Member

I met Bart Sibrel in Nashville. He did a TV show called "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Moon" in which he tried to prove that we never went to the moon. I argued with Bart for an hour trying to convince him that we did in fact go to the moon. His mind was made up. He was later arrested in California for trying to make Buzz Aldrin swear on a Bible that the moon landings were real. Aldrin punched him in the nose. You may have read this in the news. I do not know what is wrong with Bart. He seems normal until the moon issue comes up. Then, he goes off the deep end. I assure you that the United States put 12 men on the moon between 1969 and 1972. The first man on the moon was Neil Armstrong. The last man was Eugene Cernan. NASA means to return to the moon by 2018.

JIM COLYER http://www.jimcolyer.com

ASTRONOMY http://jimcolyer.com/papers/entry?id=2

19. shaggie

shaggie Senior Member

20. shaggie

shaggie Senior Member