We Don't Need Oil

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by toywolf, Mar 2, 2008.

1. toywolf

toywolf Member

I am here to bring this up to you. Seriously. We don't need oil to run cars.

All it takes is water, and electricity.

Now you, do your own research. don't be lazy that i havn't provided any sources. Let it be known that i seriously KNOW this, and others have proved this and are running their cars on just tap water. Go do your research and come back with your thoughts.

The oil companies don't want you to know this. and one of the first introducing this, was offered a billion dollars, to which was refused, and he was shortly after killed.

2. shirley

shirley Member

Where you getting your electricity from?

3. shirley

shirley Member

That reminds me of something that my grandad was telling me about. An engine that runs off sound from a speaker. You still need electricity to run the speaker, but there are no moving parts in the engine so it uses a lot less than your normal engine.

I can't remember the name of it, i'll get back to you.

4. xexon

xexon Destroyer Of Worlds

This has been around for years. Just like I have.

I have yet to see anybody make it work.

x

5. Squilla

Squilla Banned

Until someone either buys out Opec or shuts Opec down, Oil and other Fossil Fuels will keep polluting the Earth. I wish I didn't have to drive, but we are forced into a world (well, for me, I live in the city) where to get somewhere, driving is the best solution. I'm eventually gonna get a eco-friendly car.

I think the government should just choose one car company, take everyone's car( if its a sports car or an antique you can keep it) recycle all those cars and start manufacturing 6 different types of eco-friendly cars. A Car, truck, van, bus, sports car, and SUVs. Give these cars to those who gave up their cars and then boom, everyone has a eco-friendly car.

6. Chill Hippo

Chill Hippo Member

Too much power to the government. They already have ridiculous amounts and we don't need them to control transport and the economy more than they already do.

7. ESRUOS ENO

ESRUOS ENO Senior Member

The SUN... Nuclear energy.....

8. AquaLight

AquaLight Senior Member

I think I have read somewhere about new cars made in india that run on compressed air tanks, not sure though how it works but I'll try to find the article.

9. Friends

Friends Member

we could run whole citys off the sun if we wanted to. any form of technology could gather energy and save it. they already have houses that do this with solar panels.

10. shirley

shirley Member

Algae is the way forward :)

11. MikeE

MikeE Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

There's a problem with solar, we use more energy through fossil fuels than the sunlight that falls on the planet.

Algae is sunlight. Wood is sunlight.

The planet (us) is using more energy than it gets from the sun. Not sustainable. But nuclear will work, until uranium gets scarce. (Yes, I know, nuclear has a different set of problems.)

12. pineapple08

pineapple08 Members

Can cars be run on cannabus lol, There would be not shortage of plants being grown then.

13. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

cars can be run on canabis, or any veggie based oil
    the problem there lies in the fact that we use so much damn oil we'd burn through the current production in under an hour\
    to make veggie oil a viable alternative production would need to increase drasticly
    this would be easy if

people gave up meat!!!
    massive quantaties of usuable vegatiblr matter goes wasted feeding animals for years only to be slaughtereed to make a hamburger..its extremely wastefull
    not to mention the millions of acres wasted on ranches to raise the cattle
    convert every inch of ranch land to farm land
    and not only do you drasticly increaase the availible food supply you also can grow enoiugh to convert huge ammounts to useable veggie oil

the meat industry is so incredibly wasteful that we could probly end world hunger, and end the current energy crisis with only a 50% reduction

14. Sunshine{Daydream}

Sunshine{Daydream} Member

Yes the air car really exists and I belive you can actually purchase them. I watched a documentary about this on the discovery channel not too long ago. The coolest thing about it is that it emits clean air as it goes. So if a major city like New York would purchase a fleet of these air cars to use as taxis, not only would they not release any pollutants, but they would help by emiting clean air into the atmosphere. I think its the coolest thing ever lol.
    Heres the website: www.theaircar.com

15. polecat

polecat Weerd

Watch "Who Killed the Electric Car".

And then get back to me.

16. Sunshine{Daydream}

Sunshine{Daydream} Member

Saw that one too. Its sad that we have all this technology to run vehicles on so many other options besides oil but the government wont let that happen. Its proven that cars can run on water, air, hemp, etc. but because of our government we may never see those fuels put to good use in our society :(

17. polecat

polecat Weerd

Government? It's the corporations who are at fault, both auto and oil. There are an estimated 1.3 trillion barrels of oil left on this planet. At $100 a barrel that is 130 trillion dollars in oil profits. Do you think that they want to just give up all that money for the good of humanity? Not likely.

It was the auto industry that destroyed the electric car. They're the ones who halted production and stopped leasing them. They covered up the significant demand to mask their misdoings.

18. pineapple08

pineapple08 Members

I agree with limiting the consumption of beef, and therefore the associated environmental costs of raising cattle. I prefer kangaroo instead. Its lovely and lean. You vegetarians out there are going to kill me for that one.