Was Asked To Pose Nude For Figure Drawing - Might Do It

Discussion in 'True Confessions' started by Jude96, Aug 21, 2017.

1. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

I always wanted to do that...not enough to actively seek it but I would say yes without hesitating.

1 person likes this.
  2. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

I'm Sorry You Chose Not To Go Ahead.......Would Have Been Great To Look Back On The Adventure

When Your "Old And Grey"....... :wheelchair:

Cheers Glen.

3 people like this.
  3. Jude96

Jude96 Members

This is what I was envisioning... except ya know with longer hair, a beard and some chest hair with a slightly more pronounced lower abdomen ha ha... this is from the movie Wedding Crashsrs in case that got lost in translation lol

[​IMG]

4. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

If it's legitimate go for it. I've worked with nudes in art classes, but that's a public setting.

5. Jude96

Jude96 Members

I decided not to but the option is there if I change my mind... maybe one day

6. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

To be fair, the rooms are often cold, shriveling is more an issue.

7. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

Or, Dorian Grey.

8. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

I would do it. It will be memorable :D

Oops, I just read that you decided not to do it. I should read through entire threads before posting. >.<

1 person likes this.
  9. Jude96

Jude96 Members

Honestly........... I don't know which scenario would be worse LOL that's kind of why I opted out haha

10. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I can understand being shy

But other than that I don't see any reason why not. I think it would be interesting experience to have your body analyzed and drawn in such a detached, nonsexual way and to see the interpretations afterwards

Maybe you'll change your mind next time :)

11. Jude96

Jude96 Members

Yeah I agree... I wasn't wholly opposed to it... I just kind of chickened out I guess... but there is still that part of me that might eventually break and go for it... it would be very interesting

12. Stormysnowysunny

Stormysnowysunny Members

I don't know if this would help but I took an art class with nude models. it was a couple of years ago and to be honest there was nothing sex related that jumps out for me from that class. If it wasn't because I still have the things I painted I probably wouldn't remember it. I guess I was too busy learning?

If you have the body confidence I say do it!

1 person likes this.
  13. Jude96

Jude96 Members

Yeah I totally respect the art and the learning involved... I don't lack self confidence really but this would absolutely be a whole new level for me... I would absolutely wonder what everyone was thinking about me lol I have to admit it... but on the flip side I really don't see any negative consequences, just have to break down that initial barrier (in more ways than one)

14. autophobe2e

autophobe2e Senior Member

People tend to only consider the anxiety around nudity etc, but just standing in certain positions for a long time is a lot harder than you think it is. When I did life drawing there were models who could do handstands and all sorts, but some beginners really struggled with even simple poses.

1 person likes this.
  15. Jude96

Jude96 Members

Yeah I actually didn't even consider that... worrying about the "big" issues moreso created in my own mind rather than the actual physical issues that could arise... good point

16. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

I'll draw you, Jude
    I'll draw you like one of my French girls

1 person likes this.
  17. Jude96

Jude96 Members

Hahaha! I'll wear the heart of the ocean

1 person likes this.
  18. autophobe2e

autophobe2e Senior Member

Also there was a dude who got a hard-on in front of a class full of teenagers....so also make sure you worry about that :D

1 person likes this.
  19. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Yeah, that’s what I was thinking what happens if you get a stiffy while posing,
    although you wouldn’t suffer quite as much anxiety if it happens in front of just one artist

Hotwater

1 person likes this.
  20. Jude96

Jude96 Members

If I could stand with my hands strategically placed I would do it... but yeah I have too many fears like those mentioned above ha ha... I don't want to be that guy... I don't think I would get one but ya never know, sometimes these things have a mind of their own