Was Asked To Pose Nude For Figure Drawing - Might Do It

Discussion in 'True Confessions' started by Jude96, Aug 21, 2017.

1. Jude96

Jude96 Members

Had someone recently ask me to stand naked for practice in artistic purposes/figure drawing... I said I would think about it and have anxiety thinking about it but I might do it... it's healthy to do things that scare you and get your heart rate up here and there, right?

2. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Might Not Be Just The Heart Rate That "Goes Up"........[​IMG]

Cheers Glen.

1 person likes this.
  3. Jude96

Jude96 Members

Also what I'm afraid of lol

1 person likes this.
  4. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I don't know how to answer you, as people should do what they want to do....but let's put it this way, If you were my brother, I would tell you emphatically not to do it, not that my brother ever would, but putting myself in that fiction scenario to give you an answer..

1 person likes this.
  5. sickgirl

sickgirl Members

Did they offer you any money for your time? Even if they did, I would not do it. Standing there nude will certainly give you lots of anxiety! Go with your instincts... I would not do it if I were you...Pass!

1 person likes this.
  6. Jude96

Jude96 Members

There are several other people supposedly of all ages, body types etc. aside from me but I don't know... those drawings would be out and about for other people to see... I'm kind of a reserved person so I try to break out of that comfort zone sometimes but this is way out, I know... the artists supposedly after doing one or two sessions get past the idea that people are naked and just draw... I dunno

7. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Ignore The Negative Responses......Nothing To Lose By Posing.....And Lot's To Gain In Self Confidence

By Doing So......Go For It......[​IMG]

Cheers Glen.

8. Jude96

Jude96 Members

The person who asked me did so because I'm "free spirited" lol but I'm also a little shy at times so it's sort of contradicting... I have a few days to decide... tempted a bit but dropping the robe doesn't sound like the easiest endeavor

9. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Is the artist a man or woman?

10. Jude96

Jude96 Members

A woman... who is married to another woman :)

GypsyHolly83 likes this.
  11. Eric!

Oh ok.

12. Slipikins

Slipikins Members

I think you should do it and it will be different than you're making it out to be in your head. After the initial nerves wear off it will feel pretty casual. Most artist that do figure drawings are pretty amazed with the human body in a way that goes beyond sexual organs or sex appeal. It's more the shape and feel of the entire body as well as the personality of the person that they are trying to capture. If you do get hard, you won't have been the first to in that situation, it just means things are working as they should and it's just another aspect of who you are.

1 person likes this.
  13. Jude96

Jude96 Members

First off, your photo freaked me out lol something about clowns... :)

...second, thanks for the advice... was asked to give my decision by this weekend... still unsure, but I'm sure you're right about the nerves wearing off... I have been told like you said that artists do really just focus on the drawing and the art and not the naked person per se... so, we'll see... thanks for replying...

14. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Yeah, do what is right for you...Don't listen to nay sayers or egging you on people, either.

1 person likes this.
  15. Jude96

Jude96 Members

Yeah... so right... gotta go with my gut :)

1 person likes this.
  16. Slipikins

Slipikins Members

See...art is so subjective! I think it's cute and fitting. But now that you've faced your clown fears -- anything is possible! Let us know how it goes. ;)

1 person likes this.
  17. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

Go with your gut
    Do it, with confidence will produce a similar projection of purity
    Don't do it, if you view it as an act to overcome a fear - as your anxiety could well increase .. methinks

1 person likes this.
  18. Eric!

Jude, hey man, are you going to share the painted nude with all of us here on HF? Hahaaa! Do that shit and have fun!

1 person likes this.
  19. Jude96

Jude96 Members

I really did go back and forth about it a lot and I just decided today not to do it... but she did say if I ever change my mind there will be other opportunities so maybe one day :)

20. Jude96

Jude96 Members

Hahaha that one I might have to take to grave (if I had decided to do it - which I didn't)... oh man even if the art was amazing I would probably be embarrassed... just my nature