Wanting to move up North

Discussion in 'Alaska' started by hippyman, Sep 9, 2013.

1. hippyman

hippyman Member

Hi, I figured I'd tell ya'll about myself, before going off on some tangent. I'm 29 years young, and I have wanted to move to Alaska, ever since before I visited in '05. After my first visit, I still wanted to move up even more, so I figure the urge isn't going away. Anyway, I'm currently studying the 65th ed. milepost to prepare for a drive up there from Texas. After that, if all goes according to plan, I may hopefully, start plans of moving up. Can any of ya'll give me some advice on an endeavor like this?

2. shortstepmike

shortstepmike Guest

Yeb....come with a car (you can always leave it in storage if you get the itch to explore the bush) you will need it to find a place to live and a job. Don't waste money on rentals when you get here ( in Fairbanks) check in to the shelter (its free for up to a year) do some odd jobs, and look around. Bottom line be flexible.

3. chuotconk41a

chuotconk41a Members

4. gbrtye

gbrtye Members

why do you want to move to alaska? life is hanging on by a thread here. 0 manufacturing or food production pretty much. everyone here is the definition of normalcy bias.