Vintage Cat In The Hat Dictionary Misprinted Upside Down & Reverse

Discussion in 'Children's Books' started by psexton85, Sep 22, 2017.

1. psexton85

psexton85 Members

Hello, i have some questions about a book i found in my folks old stuff. It appears to the Cat in the Hat Beginner Book Dictionary (not sure if first print, copyright page missing) However the entire book is printed upside down and in reverse. The book opens to the start of Alphabet at Z and ends with A and the entire print is upside down. I was wondering if anyone had heard of a print like this as i was unable to find anything on google concerning any misprints. Would be most grateful for any information anyone may have.

Thank you,
    Paul S.

1 person likes this.
  2. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Should Be Worth A Few Dollars In Years To Come....$$$....In The Meantime Stand On Your Head

And Cross Your Eyes To Read It......[​IMG]

Cheers Glen.

3. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

Not really.

4. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

If It's A "Short Run Misprint".....It WILL Be Worth...$$$...... ;)

Cheers Glen.

5. Spectacles

Spectacles My life is a tapestry Lifetime Supporter

When books are made in a factory the cover is put on last. What you have was a mistake in the factory because the book was placed in the cover machine upside down. The fact that the copyright page is missing probably means that the book was returned to the maker as defective. They most likely removed the copyright page and then sold it for pennies to a discount store or gave it away to some charity.

6. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

This is not a stamp. Book collectors want well preserved first editions.

7. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Thank You "Captain Obvious".......Tis A Limited Print BOOK......Not A Stamp......[​IMG]

Cheers Glen.

1 person likes this.
  8. Lawrence of Arabia

Lawrence of Arabia Members

I used to have Ozzy's "Blizzard of Ozz" record, that had an ELO label in the middle of the record.

I was f'n bummed when I opened it and found that, until I played it, it was Ozzy. Whew!

Don't get me wrong, I liked ELO too, but Ozzy's new album was hot off the press and I was all revv'd up for it you know.