Upcycled flippy swirl skirts

Discussion in 'Show it, Sell it, Swap it' started by HoneySuckleBlue, Jul 23, 2013.

1. HoneySuckleBlue

HoneySuckleBlue Cosmic Artist

Got a batch of fun festie skirts wondering if anyone else thinks they are as cute as I do???

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Yes! I think they are cute!

3. HoneySuckleBlue

:2thumbsup: woo! How much $ would you be willing to part with for one? Is $80 too much? They are all double stitched and super sturdy. I am going to sell them at an art gallery where I live so I will only be getting 1/2 of that price personally...wish I could just make stuff and not have to think about the rest!

4. queenofthesavages

queenofthesavages Member

UGH I want one SO bad!!! But unfortunately I have literally 0 money right now.

You should make a tutorial though, these are beauuutiful.

5. HoneySuckleBlue

They are super easy to make! Message me your addy and I can send you a pattern. It's just one piece replicated 12 times. Then you can sell you own and have $ :sunny: Mine are flippin out of the shop at $70

6. Driftwood Gypsy

Driftwood Gypsy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

they're lovely but the price is outrageous. i wouldn't charge more than $20 tops. not everyone is rich.

7. HoneySuckleBlue

If you think about it $70 for a days work is reasonable. It takes me a full day to take apart the clothes and reimagine them. Everything is double stitched. The buttons and beads are sewn on by hand. I wish I was a trust fund kid and could sell my stuff for $20. I have a child to feed. I can tell you how to make your own though. Then it's free ;)

8. zen_namaste

zen_namaste Members

I would love to try your pattern! Will share pics if I don't mangle it!

9. skyjewelz

skyjewelz Member

10. skyjewelz

skyjewelz Member

I would love to try your pattern as well..been sewing out of used cloth for a few years now..still learning but just got this great antique sewing machine and looking forward to try it out...would you send me the pattern..I love them!!

11. HoneySuckleBlue

Sorry have not been on in a while. Message me your addy's and I will send you one :)