Tried Yoga For The First Time!

Discussion in 'Yoga and Meditation' started by Bond007, Jan 7, 2016.

1. Bond007

Bond007 Member

My girlfriend and I went on a hike over in Altadena, California not too long ago and when we found an awesome spot, she decided to do some yoga with me. It was an amazing experience I've got to say. I was wearing jeans and it was a bit difficult to have complete freedom in my flexibility since we were in a kind of bumpy terrain, but it was fun nonetheless. I had no idea my body could do some of the things it did and after we finished, I felt different. It was awesome! I was thinking about doing yoga earlier in life but just never got around to it. I didn't want to stop, even though my legs were starting to shake like crazy since I haven't been stretching all that much lately. How was your experience the first time you did yoga? And did it get you hooked?

1 person likes this.
  2. Pieceofmyheart

Pieceofmyheart Grumpy old bitch HipForums Supporter

I try to do some yoga every day...I love it. Been doing it off and on for 20 some years I guess.

2 people like this.
  3. Bond007

Bond007 Member

How long do you go for? Like an hour?

1 person likes this.
  4. Pieceofmyheart

Pieceofmyheart Grumpy old bitch HipForums Supporter

Actually it is more like 30 minutes. Sometimes I just do my Sun Salutation 10 times. I guess if I'd go to a class It would be an hour, but I do it myself at home, have a yoga area set up in my basement. Such a good way to start the day.

1 person likes this.
  5. MaxNJackson

MaxNJackson Members

Hi..Really so appreciable that you do yoga daily that to by yourself. I really really appreciate that . I also used to do yoga on daily basic but in coaching center. I have been doing this from last 2 years, i love to do it with my friends, and its a great way to start your day. I just love it. Recently got passes from my yoga classes for NYC March Events, me and my team mates going there to represent yoga globaly. So exited to go there.

2 people like this.
  6. jfast94

jfast94 Members

7. Yogamat

Yogamat Members

Started practising yoga 25 yrs ago!I try and practice daily but not always possible.Yesterday for example I practised yoga for 1 hr 20 mins.Always feel alot better for it.Im thinking of becoming a yoga teacher!

8. Omkar

Omkar Members

Hi, I personally think that a good practice is 1 hour or 1 hour and half and if you want to do also some breathing exercises or a final relaxation at least 1 hour and half!

1 person likes this.
  9. Ajay0

Ajay0 Guest

I enjoyed hatha yoga because it kind of relaxed the body, and there was a kind of physical exhileration while doing the stretching asanas. It also felt good to sleep after doing the asanas. I had deep and refreshing sleep.

1 person likes this.
  10. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

A friend gave me a nude yoga box set. I followed them and went out and got more dvds. It's the perfect exercise to me. I got away from it lately but I would still recommend it to anyone.

1 person likes this.
  11. magickman

magickman Supporters HipForums Supporter

nude yoga? Is this practice for Naked Twister night? just kidding...
    Could be a challenge to concentrate, esp. doing this with your mate. Might turn into a Tantra workout!

1 person likes this.
  12. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

well the reason i started it was for the exercise so either way you would be getting exercise.

1 person likes this.
  13. footballalways

footballalways Banned

I do Yoga as part of the P90X workout and it is
    BRUTAL.....I do not enjoy it and it actually hurts
    not sure what that means...LOL

14. footballalways

footballalways Banned

yep, yoga is really not a lot of fun.......necessary I GUESS but
    not fun

15. Chodpa

Chodpa Senior Member

i tried yoga for the last time
    it was better than the first time

16. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

I recently started. I'm amazed how weak my muscles feel afterward--not sore, but weak, like they'd just been put through the paces.

Tags: