Torture!

Discussion in 'Activism' started by Mrdude46, May 29, 2009.

1. Mrdude46

Mrdude46 Member

In case some of you have not heard or seen the atrocities that our military have done to the civilians in Iraq this is a heads up.

I have seen the pictures of the rapes and murders we (the USA) have done in Iraq and I must say that I'm embarrassed and ashamed.

I can find no reason for raping a 13yo girl, I can find no reason for cutting out someone's eyes, I can find no reason for pushing a broom handle up someone's ass.

check this out for yourself
    http://www.aztlan.net/iraqi_women_raped.htm

I also find it interesting that the Obama admin does not want these pictures released.

Who is he protecting?

we need to speak out Now about these things because the karma may be unbearable.

Pass the link around, I know that the pictures are enough to make you sick,(they made me sick), but the truth must be known.

Comments please!

Peace I mean it.

Dan

2. Mrdude46

Mrdude46 Member

That's what I thought.

I guess the Karma coming upon us is deserved.

3. jamaican_youth

jamaican_youth Senior Member

I guess you could say karma has already come around (economic crisis).

4. Mrdude46

Mrdude46 Member

I must say that I'm not surprised that not many of the so called hippies have anything to say about this.

I recently watched a video called the century of self on google video, it goes over the "imposed narcissism" of the 20th century.

What else other than narcissism would cause the people of America to turn a blind eye to torture in their name!

No Karma has not visited us yet! It should be pulling into the station soon,
    when you consider all the evil our country have brought the world there can only be one place where we will end up.

That place is one where we reap what we have sewed.

Nothing but sorry and sad about this!

5. odon

odon Slightly Popular

This is wildly unfair.
    It wasn't done in anybodys name but the bastards that did it.
    Ever try to be reasonable? It kinda feels nice.

6. jamaican_youth

Americans do seem to love war though. It's what they're good at.

7. odon

odon Slightly Popular

Crap. Sorry. But that is crap.
    Just more unfairness.
    How many "stop the war" groups are there in America again?

8. jamaican_youth

What about 9/11, that enough Karma?

9. odon

odon Slightly Popular

WTF are you talking about?
    I'm sorry to get a little angry...but you are talking complete crap today.

What did America do that Al-Quaeda have not done themselves?
    Let me know, I really don't know the answer to that one.

10. jamaican_youth

They armed them, they trained them, I guess it's cool if they used all that against another country or group, just not them. It's not crap, chill out.

11. odon

odon Slightly Popular

They didn't arm or train Al-Quaeda.
    You are thinking about the mujahadeen.
    Two completely seperate entities.
    With wildly different motives and ideologies.

I'll chill out though.

12. jamaican_youth

Well either way, they didn't attack America for no reason, America probably did something to them first, media won't tell us that of course, but I'm sure they did something to them. I don't buy the 'they're just jealous of our country' line.

13. odon

odon Slightly Popular

Oh, they had a reason. It was just a completely insane reason...
    No reasonable person would agree with.
    Go check out what Al-Quaeda and other Jihadists want (if you don't already know)...and what they have done to further that goal. Then let me know if it all sounds reasonable to you to end the lives of 3000 people just because they happened to be in America.
    Not counting the dozens of other attacks in various other countries.
    I guess they had it coming too. :rolleyes:

14. LauraMay

LauraMay Rainbow Humper

That's so sad :(

15. Evolving_N

Evolving_N Member

Let's not forget that it hasn't just been the Americans who have been engaging in torture in Iraq. The British Army have also been committing atrocities. In fact, the British Secret Service was even complicit in the torture of British citizens in Guantanamo Bay.

We have to be clear that the actions of a nations military are seldom representative of the views of people within that nation. The problem with military or legal para-military (state militias, for example) organisations is their remit to operate outside of any enforcable legal framework. Besides, like police forces the world over, the military tend to cover up their awful actions in an effort to pull the wool over the eyes of the populace thus retaining their support.

As for why Obama isn't releasing the pictures/documents mentioned above.....

He isn't protecting anyone. If there is mass opposition to the release of such documents within the CIA and military, there is absolutely nothing he can do about it. His power is far from absolute. He is not a feudal monarch.

The whole situation is absurd and tragic. If you ask the average person on the streets of Britain or the US, I think you might find that most people don't have a firm grasp on what the supposed reasons for war in Iraq or Afghanistan were. Surely history has shown us that it was a smokescreen.

I'm not sure I agree with this entirely, but I'll paraphrase Robin Cook, former British Foreign Secretary who resigned in protest of the war: "The international terrorist organisation called Al Quaeda does not exist".

Interestingly, the plan the US used for the 2003 invasion of Iraq was identical to one drawn up in 1979 by Rumsfeld and Bush senior. How very curious.....

16. odon

odon Slightly Popular

Do you mean:

Jamil Rahman, a former civil servant, claims he was beaten and tortured over two years by Bangladeshi officers, to which he says a pair of MI5 agents turned a blind eye.
    http://english.aljazeera.net/news/europe/2009/05/20095279342633925.html

It would be interesting and very curious if it were true