Time Is Going By Too Fast.

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by Jimbee68, Aug 28, 2017.

1. Jimbee68

Jimbee68 Member

This may sound strange to some of you. But the older I get, the more I find time just seems to be rushing by too fast.

I think of things that happened 20-30 years ago, and they seem like they just happened yesterday. I'm seriously.

Specifically, 19 years ago, I remember it well, I had this run in with this obnoxious cashier at a local bookstore. I guess she was at least partly motivated by homophobia. (The manager later went out of her way to say the bookstore welcomed gay people, which was very nice, but also reconfirmed my suspicion of her reason for being nasty.) But I remember the incident well. I even remember it happened on April the first, appropriately.

And that was 19 years ago? WTF! The cashier could be a grandmother by now. And someone born that day now would be well into their adulthood.

I know I sound like I'm whining. But surely I am not alone. Anyone else notice this too?

:) :) :)

2 people like this.
  2. DiagonalZone

DiagonalZone Member

I read on reddit once that your perception of times speed doubles at a certain point, like, for instance, a 4 year old experiencing 1 year of life, feels like that is one fourth of their life. well b the time your 25, your perception of time of your whole life is half way over, or so they say. their math made more sense than the way I'm explaining it right now, but, I sort of think that time moving fast while is true, is bullshit if you think you are trapped by it. It's all about perspective, since time is one of the largest existential perceptive formats we perceive, it is quite like a paradox, and how it feels depends on how you choose to apply your consciousness to this idea. If you think of all the food you have eaten, meals one by one, providing you jog your memory enough to do this, time will seem long and slow. Like if you imagine all of the millions of things that happen in just one single year, time will seem gigantic. but then you look back and say, oh I've been alive for decades! you crunch the perception up into a small space.

so, tl;dr I guess would be this,-- yes time does keep getting faster! but its also as slow as it ever was, and YOU are in control of how you feel about your relation to your soul moving through time.

3. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

life is so brief and time is a thief

1 person likes this.
  4. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

When I really consider this topic, it really bums me out. So I try to just focus on what's happening right now.

5. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Yeah it is terrifying. I try to focus on the incredible things I get to experience with each stage in life so I dont have to pay attention to how quickly the stages are coming at me. But sometimes the speed of time just knocks me over the head

6. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Fuck all! Just wait until you're old....

7. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

yeah, when i was younger i smoked a lot of weed and that usually tended to slow down time.

8. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

You and former late night radio talk show host Art Bell

[​IMG]

9. Total Darkness

Total Darkness 100% Cocoa

Time seems to be traveling too fast for my age to catch up.

10. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

And did you find out / work out why the cashier was angry with you? or did you just make assumptions like the store owner

11. No actually no one know how long a year is. No one know how long a day is. Right now similar times, can make last longer. A year? An eon. How long it take? How long it seems? Think going around the sun fast? Is not.

No one understand my language.

[​IMG]?

12. Monkey Boy

Monkey Boy Senior Member

Yeah, it seems to be escalating the older I get. I'm beginning to think in terms of years at this point. Days and weeks are too short.

13. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  14. morrow

morrow Visitor

I remember my dad saying once you turn 21 life races away... Now I'm older than he was when telling me, and he is long gone.. so yeah, life is short! Don't waste it..

1 person likes this.
  15. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

It is too fast every year gets faster it sucks.

16. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Is that like trying to say that time to us in reality is made up conception. Time exists through mathematical equations that are only relevant on earth?

17. I am time.

Look at it this way, how long does a year seem? No one can say. There's a reason for that. No two people take the same amount of time at all. And the more you dream the longer it can be.

18. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Each year is a minute

Only full of the leaves in it

19. perception of time passing is only relative to the present circumstance

1 person likes this.