They can hit your kid!

Discussion in 'Home Schooling' started by Fluffernutter, Aug 21, 2008.

1. [BDM]Starscream

[BDM]Starscream Member

The only problem with that is, what constitutes corporal punishment? Where do you draw the line? Will people interpret it differently? Will a male authority figure strike harder than a female one? You are opening a SHIT load of trouble with this....

2. ponyiq

ponyiq Member

my half sister teaches at a school ( private ) that allows paddling. it is well defined in the literature.. when a child is paddled up until 2nd grade the class room teacher can paddle but there has to be another teacher present and the parent has to be called prior to the paddling.. Once they are beyond 2nd grade.. the vice principal paddles.. the paddling over 2nd grade is done by the same sex.. i.e. female student paddled by female teacher.. with vice principal present and video recorded for posterity and again parent called.. if the parent wants to be present for the paddle the school will wait for them to arrive and then paddle.. it is set.. 1 swat for 1st grade 2 for 2nd 3 for 3rd with 3 being the max..

I think giving just anyway free rein at a school to paddle is scary.. but having set rules.. i do not have a problem with..

I was paddled in school .. i also received demerits and served afterschool detention which was not just sitting.. i had to scrub chalk boards, clap erasers, clean art supplies, basically work for 2 hours after school.. no talking, no sleeping, no playing, , no day dreaming.. work.. i served detention 3 times in 5th grade and never again.. ( i had changed schools) throughout the rest of school through graduation.. never so much as got in trouble again.. same goes for 1-4 got paddled early on, , never pushed the boundries again..

and i came from a home with discipline.. i got spanked 3 times in my life with a belt.. I can tell you what i did wrong each time.. i broke a dish resulting in someonoe getting hurt ( a candy dish that was forbidden glass shattering caused a child to need stitches) at six years old.. then i spray painted the bricks on the house bright red ( in about a 3 x 3 area at 9 years old) and i slapped my mother in an act of defiance at 12.. i was not abused.. i was not beaten but i was swiftly disciplined for very inappropriate behavior..

i took a bell from a relatives house at 4 years old.. no spanking it was during a family reunion.. i instead had to return the bell and apologize in front of everyone in the family.. i have never taken anything again.. it was humiliating.. i can assure you that it was much harsher than any spanking.. but again consequence

theree is a time and a place for most things..

3. Vana

Vana Member

Some kids deserve it.

4. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

At my school, the parents had to sign a consent form before you were able to be paddled. My parents never signed the forms, they firmly believed that if anyone was going to deal out spankings, it would certainly not be a teacher or the principal.

5. Valdis

Valdis Member

I preferred being hit to having my parents told. LOL.

Even so, I'm 100% against hitting in any form not sports and/or consensual related.