Stoners Echo Chamber II

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by hotwater, May 10, 2020.

1. Pete's Draggin'

Pete's Draggin' Visitor

Hey Ty

Since I got you on the telegraph, what do you think of these tunes?

You came to mind and thought of you when I listened this full album, as well as your wall of 100+ amplifiers.

2. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Drone metal... Would be better without vocals.

I can dig the guitar tones, but it's not my genre.

3. Pete's Draggin'

Pete's Draggin' Visitor

I figured the vocals would kill it for you, but I had to try.

I'll give myself an A- for effort and thoughtfulness.... :)

ZenKarma likes this.
  4. Tyrsonswood

My songs are all instrumentals... Tone goes from clean(ish) reverb/echo to total doom and anywhere in between. I also use feedback a lot... My amps are usually set right on the verge of breakup so I can control the distortion with my fingers.

5. Pete's Draggin'

Pete's Draggin' Visitor

I'll put it in my Draggin's Lair witch house forum just in case you'd like to listen to it again. Otay?

6. deleted

deleted Visitor

Be a year that I played guitar..

mysticblu21 likes this.
  7. deleted

deleted Visitor

hotwater likes this.
  8. Pete's Draggin'

Pete's Draggin' Visitor

Watching your vid, I couldn't help but immediately remember this part in Close Encounters. As a kid I got really scared and creeped out when the alerts went off on the display screen.

Always bothered me when I flew with my family.

hotwater and Orison like this.
  9. Tyrsonswood

2020 be like....

10. CannbisSouL

CannbisSouL Smoke 'till you toke. Lifetime Supporter

I was watching a cannabis seminar today with people from various academic and industry backgrounds participating.

Apparently one of the biggest pharmacy chains up here is funding research to genetically sequence/analyze cannabis plants and correlate the results to medical effects perceived by the patient. That will be very interesting to see the results from, since studying the individual cannabinoids beyond THC/CBD is still quite hard. Especially those that are found in really low concentrations in the plant.

Seems like there is a lot of interesting stuff brewing in the medical cannabis field that might hit the market in the next few years. Specifically there are new drug formulations which get a lot more of the cannabinoids into the bloodstream compared to traditional THC/CBD in MCT oil. I guess it remains to be seen if this stuff trickles down to the recreational market eventually, but I would guess that most recreational users are pretty happy with smoking/vaping/dabbing enough to get really baked

ZenKarma and Orison like this.
  11. deleted

deleted Visitor

going to have a contractor give me estimate on windows. get this shit done. go in debt, its the american way..

12. CannbisSouL

CannbisSouL Smoke 'till you toke. Lifetime Supporter

While the debt is stressful, I find the thought of being stuck without windows/halfway done windows would be worse for me haha. I hope it turns out well for you!

Orison likes this.
  13. Tyrsonswood

Having new windows put in my place would exceed the value of my house... And this isn't a cheap house.

Orison likes this.
  14. deleted

deleted Visitor

yes, that going to help house some with heat and cooling with new windows. doesnt look like its going to be to much I hope. I can always do less than Im trying to do now which is 6.

15. Tyrsonswood

The windows wrap around the corner on the left side and there is also a huge window in my bedroom on that side of the house.

Would cost a small fortune to replace them.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2020
    Pete's Draggin' and GLENGLEN like this.
  16. deleted

deleted Visitor

Thankfully most the windows are the same size. I changed my home around., my office room is on the first floor now. room is much bigger and cooler in the summer also. easier to keep medium cool too, not like upstairs forced window ac in one room and its gets like an ice box.. here the hall ac chiller bleeds down the steps. and I push in with a fan. so much more comfortable. I slept 10hrs one day.. and Ive my tv, Ive 2 monitors I got from work as they changed out the sets, nothing wrong with them. Im going to add them to my set for MSFS2020. Im in no hurry for the sim tho. only leaks and preview available, but released next month. I think it will be about another year before I set up the basic tho..

my last irl flight was in a twin engine Baron.. Now this is pod racing. much a difference in performance. even in the hot warm day heat rising, flies smooth, has all that power and speed. This would be something Id love to fly every day. Its much nicer. but more hp means more $$$..
    This is a piper aerostar. Its bigger than a Baron.. I love this scene.

17. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Hmmm, nice house, in a nice setting

18. Tyrsonswood

It's probably older than you think it is...

19. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

And they said drugs don't pay off
    https://www.cannabisculture.com/con...HULjn9PWIEXuBwrunu9olRfStwI1c_pRozv8SzCL1N1sQ
    Cannabis May Reduce Deadly COVID-19 Lung Inflammation: Researchers Explain Why

By Emily Earlenbaugh, Forbes on July 6, 2020
    FacebookTwitterRedditPinterest
    [​IMG]
    As COVID-19 cases continue to rise, researchers have started to look for solutions in an unlikely place – the cannabis plant. Cannabis’ active compounds have a number of properties that make it appealing as a potential adjunct treatment for infections from the novel coronavirus, and recently scientists have begun looking at its potential for reducing susceptibility to the disease, and even discussed whether it could be used as an antiviral medication.

This month, researchers from the University of Nebraska and the Texas Biomedical Research Institute are recommending more research into how cannabis-derived CBD might help treat dangerous lung inflammation from the novel coronavirus. The authors detailed the evidence for how cannabis’ anti-inflammatory powers may help in a peer reviewed article in this month’s issue of Brain, Behavior, and Immunity.

20. deleted

deleted Visitor

Screenshot_20200722-063355.png
    Going to get wet..