The Sign of the Gaping Pit (can earth make another ocean floor?)

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by Sign Related, Apr 21, 2008.

1. Sign Related

Sign Related The Don Killuminati

Oceans forms are a Sign that anywhere at any time land can give in as in sink. The moon and sun have been tugging at the earth's lava lakes and the core, so who is to say that that has not created an imbalance within the earth to where some time a whole massive area of land could just give in and be sunken because of the lack of lava underneath to keep up that area? [​IMG]

What would the name of such an massive event be called if it doesnt yet have a name already because of being overlooked by man?

I'd like to call it an "Earth Descender".

Depending on where the earth sinks in it could also pull water in or maybe not even. If it occurs where mountians are they would surely flee.

The sunken area can be the size of a city, state, or even country if we just think of how wide an ocean's floor is. You can imagine what it would feel like for persons being dropped, no telling how fast, by the very land underneath their feet. That elevator descending feeling would be felt maybe, where in this case certain may live and certain near the edges may pass away. Persons surviving would have to go on living far below sea level (would that cause the bends?).

What do you all think? Could the earth, because of the gravitational pull of the sun and moon, try to make us another ocean floor somewhere where land livers have been carrying on life as they know it?

How exaclty were ocean floors formed by the way? I know for a fact there may be a difference since there are valcanos which have formed differently.

As lava leaves the core to surface, what goes in it's place? If nothing, then an Earth Descender can occur, right? And no telling if the part that sinks becomes then molten, right? Will a lake of lava ever be exposed that will abstain from cooling if it's deep enough though left seeable from the skies or edge parts that have not sunken in?

2. MrStiffy

MrStiffy Member

This is the Science and Technology forum. Shouldn't you be posting under Mind Trips?

3. MikeE

MikeE Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Since this is science and Tech., I guess the answer is that gravity has had enough time to act on the earth's core to shape it into a sphere. Any hypothetical "empty" void in the earth would have outgassed and collapsed by now. The varying gravitational tuggs from the Sun and Moon sped the settling of the earth into its present state where the densist material is towards the center and the lighter gasses on the edge of the earth.

(My, but my spelling sucks.)