The KonMari Method Of Tidying Up

Discussion in 'Living on the Earth' started by Aerianne, Dec 19, 2017.

1. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Marie Kondo wrote the book
    The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/1607747...liid=I34KZZM7NQ2E4G&colid=3R7MBLQZL4ZP2&psc=0

Have you heard of this method?

She says that if you go through your house once, using her method, that you'll never need to do it again.

The idea is that you pull everything out, following the order that she uses; you hold it and ask yourself if it "Sparks Joy"; if it doesn't then you get rid of it.

She uses other words like "inspire you". I guess it's not that a can of Comet Cleanser "Sparks Joy" but by the time you've gone through things in her suggested order, you learn the feeling of what does not feel like it belongs in your house.

She has you start with clothes, then books, then
    [​IMG]

I'm really going to give this a try. All other attempts to eradicate all these unnecessary things have failed in my house.

I don't know that I'll get the book or just learn as much as I can on line. There are people talking about in videos, on Pinterest, in blogs, etc.

The little that I learned last night and this morning have already inspired me to start filling a big leaf bag with items to donate. Apparently, it's also important to thank each item for the way they served you before you let them go.

Anyway, here's to hoping that this will be the thing I need to whittle this mountain of stuff down once and for all.

2. Aerianne

3. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I haven't heard this name, but this particular way of cleaning up your house is not strange to me. I wouldn't see it as a japanese art at first.

4. Aerianne

I also watched someone's video that resonated so much with me.

The "Fantasy Me" has been saving stuff that "Real Me" has not used.

It's time to let that stuff go.

5. deleted

deleted Visitor

if its collecting dust, you dont need it.. - not referring to your hubby.

Aerianne likes this.
  6. Aerianne

It's the "Fantasy Me" that's been a bad girl.

7. deleted

deleted Visitor

when I come home from work. I get depressed because the office space is so neat and clean, smells nice and their isnt a 5ft monster dumping shit wherever they please . mostly only come home for my dog . I can take the dog to work but its to stressful watching her and she wants to bite people.

8. Aerianne

I'm tired of feeling like shit at home.

9. Aerianne

I'm excited to get this huge leaf bag full of clothing out to the donation bin before the girls get home from school!