The Iceberg That Sunk The Titanic

Discussion in 'History' started by Mallyboppa, Jul 2, 2016.

1. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

An Iceberg is like Life:- Never judge solely on what one can see - it is what lies beneath where lies the (unseen) danger to the continuation of ones lifespan

2. JPN2

JPN2 Supporters HipForums Supporter

Confluences of events. Another words Shit Happens.

3. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

I don’t know the shipyard which built was the Titanic was owned by Jews so it is possible they deliberately built the Titanic to sink.

Consider for a moment the billions in revenue Zionist controlled Hollywood has amassed from the titanic franchise… Titanic (1953) A Night to Remember (1958) The Unsinkable Molly Brown (1964) Raise the Titanic (1980) Titanic (1997)

Hell even the Nazis made a 1943 propaganda film to prove only Jews could build an unsinkable ship that later sank

Hotwater

4. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

There is already a titanic Conspiracy theory out there !
    http://youtu.be/IImy5Sdh8k4

5. hotwater

WOW! So The Titanic never sank it was the RMS Olympic

Hotwater

6. SouthPaw

SouthPaw Members

Haven't you heard? The Russians get blamed for everything now.

7. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Chechen muslims then.

8. themnax

themnax Senior Member

not even that really. it was the roman colonial occupation that exicuted him as an enimy combatant for having led the indiginous insurgancy that smote the roman garrison from their holy of holys, when he was 12 years old, and quite probably continued to play a major role until he came to realize at the age of 30, that preaching peace was a more certain way to achieve this objective, even though there was no hope of his personally living to see the fall of rome, which ultimately did result for the rise of christianity.

(oh wait, i'm not the only who rambles off subject. weren't we talking about the titanic?)

9. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Well if you watch the movie it was that idiot that wanted to make headlines of getting to America early. The captain new about icebergs and didn't want to go full throttle but he was blackmailed.

The annoying thing about that is, if I was on the titanic I wouldn't be down the lower decks with the rest of you lot I'd be upper class, right? :) well, I wouldn't want to get to America a day early I'd wanna eat and drink my share of the bloody buffet! I'd have paid good money for that shit AND none of the passengers were ever asked if they wanted to increase speed.

It was a deadset mass murder.

10. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

There was a guy that came out last year saying it was a fire in the boiler room that weakened the hull that actually sank the titanic

The iceberg wouldnt have sunk it alone

11. Properstones

Properstones Members

The titanic never sank I swear it was the olympic!

12. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

You ressurrected this to post that fine piece of information? :unsure:

13. Properstones

Properstones Members

It my be because I am currently not on this planet but I am so confused

14. JPN2

JPN2 Supporters HipForums Supporter

It was not the only ship to sink on its maiden voyage. At least it got out of the harbor. The Vasa didn't.

15. hotwater

The Board of Inquiry in London dismissed that claim back in 1912 and concluded the fire had no direct impact on the sinking of the vessel, yet direct testimony by several boiler room operators who were tasked with putting out the coal fire claimed it caused the bulkhead to warp

The very bulkhead that was later hit by the iceberg.

The coal fire burned for 4 days and exhausted much of the coal and that explains why the Captain steamed ahead at full speed despite warnings of Icebergs ahead,
    he was too afraid to change course or slow down because he was afraid they would run out of coal somewhere in the mid-Atlantic.

16. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

I think that the whole thing was a catalog of errors, rather than a single cause.

Ship going too fast for the conditions.
    Inadequate lookout.
    Weakened by coal bunker fire.
    Strength compromised by removal of decks after the structural engineers design.
    Expansion joints incorrectly terminated without an anti rip bulb.
    And many more minor considerations.

The fatal combination greatly affected the speed at which the ship went down.

17. hotwater

The ship was going at 22.5 knots only .5 knots below its top speed of 23 knots.

The lookout who spotted the Iceberg and rang the bell to alert the crew claims that if he had been issued a pair of binoculars he would have spotted it in time to avert the disaster – he later committed suicide

Once the crew though they extinguished the coal bunker fire (by exhausting the 100 tons in the coal bin) they quickly realized that it had spread to the next compartment.

There’s actually a picture of the outer hull which you can see what appears to be a design flaw, that along with low quality construction materials doomed forever the ill-fated liner to the cold murky depths of the north Atlantic

18. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

What a disaster.

19. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

The fires were as a result of using high quality coal that released gas in a warm environment. The later decision to extract the gas and burn coke resolved the problem. the weight per calorie was virtually the same, but the volume increased.
    The expansion joints were a major problem. One of the design team demonstrated the principal by cutting a slot in a sheet of paper and ending the slot with a round hole from a file punch on another. The one with the hole tool 5 times the force to continue the rip.
    It was known that Titanic did not have the modified design, while it's sister ship did. At least, it puts to bed the conspiracy theories that the ships were swapped.

20. hotwater

That conspiracy theory was nonsense. It wasn't until 1913 that the RMS Olympic was refit to look more like the Titanic. Oddly enough the RMS Olympic which was also built from the same low quality materials had a long career in the service. Then again it never hit an iceberg going at near full speed in the atlantic.