The I am Drunk Thread

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by 6-eyed shaman, Aug 29, 2018.

1. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

hey ya'll!

2. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

Not doing keto or low carb-ish anymore?

3. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

I haven't done that for years, but I do eat mostly low carb outside of my beer drinking.

4. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

5. r0llinstoned

Low carb but not low enough to be in ketosis? Does it affect your energy levels at all or anything ??

6. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Those of you who are doing/have done keto, what is your daily carb limit? Some people claim they can remain in ketosis as long as they keep it under 50g of carbs a day, for others, it's 20g. Some people have to keep it under 10.

I think I'm good in the 30-40g range, which should okay me for a few drinks here and there. Or a tortilla. Jesus, you don't want to know the things I'd do for a tortilla.

7. Pressed_Rat

Yeah, I mean I do intermittent fasting several times a week, so I am still in and out of ketosis. I eat a high protein diet, and high protein diets are usually lower in carbs by default, though I am generally not too strict about carb intake these days. My energy levels are about the same as they were before.

McFuddy likes this.
  8. Pressed_Rat

Most keto proponents will say to eat under 30 grams of carbs, but most relatively active people can eat as many as 100 grams of carbs a day and still be in ketosis for most of the time. Too much protein can also take one out of ketosis, but this notion you are always in ketosis, or should be, is flawed.

9. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

I agree with that. The "keto-lifestyle" seems dangerous to me. Plus, if you're at your desired weight, what is the point of remaining in ketosis?

I'm just trying to find the right equation, for lack of better term. Right now, I eat a carb heavy meal every 5 days or so. Should be enough to keep me from lapsing back into ketosis without actually slowing my metabolism and putting on weight. I want to eat low carb without eating keto.

Anyway, just trying to figure out how to work my old friend beer back into my routine...figure I'll just drink my carbs.

10. r0llinstoned

Low carb tortillas exist.

11. I don't like carbohydrates.

Noserider likes this.
  12. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I'll be at the pub soon enough. :D a Scottish club, maybe I'll, go in with some Braveheart quotes. :D

Just go in locked and loaded.

The problem with Scotland is, is that it's full of Scott's!

Oh you want to play me at pool, sorry sir this can't be, you're not pretty enough to play me at pool.

You want to best me on the pool table, I can see it in his eyes!

Running Horse likes this.
  13. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

No wwait we are playing the Shroomptums.

The problem with the Shroomptums is.. Is that's they're full of Shroompts. This is why we must enforce premapooltra. If they won't the leave the table we'll have to beat them off the table. :D

Sorry Joc, but won't we sink their balls too?

Yesss.. But we'll sink ours as well.

:tearsofjoy:

Aerianne likes this.
  14. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Its MY pool table!!

15. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

So I did it. No one laughed. No one knows Braveheart. :( why am I playing on this team lol.

EloiseAtThePlaza and Meliai like this.
  16. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

They know it. I bet they fake it. Lots of scots shit on Braveheart. Lol they kept vandalizing a Wallace statue which was modeled after Gibson :-D

Irminsul likes this.
  17. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Team getting flogged anyway. Shit day not even worth drinking lol. Nah I've had a couple. I got one game to go. Hope I win. :) first division team so they're hard.

I'm just vaping in the beer garden all the trades folk are looking at me banging away on my phone.

18. I did a really smart thing, stopped taking antibiotics and had a gin&tonic or three

Noserider and YouFreeMe like this.
  19. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

How are you feelin'?

20. deleted

deleted Visitor

grreath lake octoberfrst.. 12opacj I figure it be gine by 12pm ..