The Holographic Universe

Discussion in 'Philosophy and Religion' started by rjhangover, Nov 18, 2017.

1. Mountain Valley Wolf

Mountain Valley Wolf Senior Member

While I do think that reincarnation would involve learning and growing, I also think that if we do have an immortal soul how boring and meaninless existence would become if we did not experience physical life under the belief that this one life was all there was to live---then the pain, the suffering, the joy, and the ecstacy all have meaning...

2. Cliff Unicorn

Cliff Unicorn Members

Yes I agree with you. When and where do you draw the line? What would you say e.g. to Peter Madsen?

Mountain Valley Wolf likes this.
  3. Mountain Valley Wolf

I always thought the holographic universe, like the concept of multiple universes was an interesting speculation.

In the late 1990's I set out to resolve the PostModern Crisis, or to at least come up with an example of what a philosophy that ahcieves such a thing would look like. Being that I have grown up, and have been educated, in the West I naturally felt that science would play a role in our attempts to bring meaning back into the Modern world so I knew that I would have to incorporate the likes of Einstein's theories and Quantum Mechanics and other aspects of modern cosmology.

I had no idea that this would take me down the path that it has, but today I am thoroughly convinced that we live in a holographic universe, and that the reality that we think we are living in is more a mental construct than an actual reality.

4. Cliff Unicorn

Cliff Unicorn Members

...you did not answer to my question...

5. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Who's mental construct? Ourselves? The creator's?
    Why can't we snap out of this fake reality in any way during life after we are aware its more of a mental construct than an actual reality?

And to everyone who thinks time depends on (our?) consciousness: I think if a big meteor would wipe out all human life time will still be running. The planets will still be doing its thing. Suns will 'rise and set'. Space, time and gravity influence (and depend on) eachother. Not on our minds or what we can conjure up with it.

6. Mountain Valley Wolf

Peter Madsen and Kim Wall---both lives that generated memories that will probably have impact for a long time within their souls. I don't condone anything that happened there. Or for that matter, consider Hitler and World War II.

But we do see these horrible things from the perspective of a mortal physical life. If our individual selves contain at a higher dimensional level numerous lives then the impact of finality implied in these events is lost, and they become one of a series of experiences. Granted, it seems that the more horrific events may need to be resolved even in the next life, but ultimately we can argue that one becomes better for that---a stronger individual able to take on greater tasks and hardships.

So there probably is no line to be drawn.

On the other hand, that does not mean that we should just let the horrors of life continue unabated. Perhaps that is the greatest lesson---how to become a strong enough individual to help lessen the suffering of others. If it is one person's lot in life to suffer, perhaps it is our own to alleviate and even work to prevent that suffering. That is why there is joy in helping another. And in the depths of suffering brought on by the catastrophes that life puts upon us, it really warms the heart to see someone reach out to help, reflecting the goodness within humanity.

7. Mountain Valley Wolf

Sorry, my next response was before I saw your post. But as you see, I just posted a response to you.

8. Mountain Valley Wolf

First let me state that even if it is largely a mental construct, it is our physical reality nonetheless--it is the reality that mind creates as the physical.

Who's mental construct? Immanuel Kant stated that we ourselves take the phenomena we perceive and create that into the world we see around us. I agree---we perceive the dimensions, time, a continuity to physical existence. We create who we are, how the nutrients we take in convert to body shape and image. And so forth. But we do not do this on our own. There are those around us that shape who we are and have an impact on material existence---so there is a co-creation involved.

But consider a rock on a distant planet orbitting around the darkness of the remnants of a dead star. Obviously none of us have anything to do with its moment to moment manifestation. So the universe plays its part in the co-creation of itself. Quantum Information therefore derives from the infinite quantum wave-field of quanta energy that collapses, from the whole universe, into the particles that give that rock a physical existence, just as the universe does for every physical object within your immediate reality. This Quantum Information can be described as mind. Is it therefore the universe as the creator? Is it simply the universe as a godless void that somehow uses information? I leave that up to each of you to interpret in your own way. But there is a co-creation between you and all other living things, and the universe itself.

Why can't we snap out of this reality and see the noumenal world (to borrow a term from Kant) as it truly is? That gets back to my previous post---post #21 above. In short, if mind is really transcendent of physicality as a holographic universe implies it to be, then breaking free of that physicality would defeat our whole reason for being here. Why even live when we can simply will away all our struggles and challenges? Physical life would no longer have meaning. Therefore we have an ego--here I use Jung's definition of the ego---a structure within the psyche that maintains a consistent personality by filtering out all nonessential phenomena, data, and so forth. When we are awake our conscious mind keeps us focused primarily on the physical reality that gives our life meaning at this stage of our being.

(Before continuing on about time, let me say that I did not see the video posted in the OP. The computer I'm using right now does not let me watch videos---I'm sorry if I point out anything redundant to the video.)

I argue that time does not exist as we perceive it. All that physically exists is the present. Nonphysicality on the other hand is infinite. But in the physical sense, nothing at all exists outside of the present---a present that is almost infintely small---just barely long enough to generate the phenomena of presence; the phenomena of physicality.

Consider the fact that we can only percieve a 3 dimensional reality. We cannot escape that. we perceive this 3 dimensionality to change through a 4th dimension--time. But where ever we look, we cannot escape or see beyond the physical dimensions. Therefore our perception of the 4th dimension is the infinitely small slice we understand as the present Now. This makes sense as in a reality defined by dimensions, you would only be able to see an infinitely small slice of the next higher dimension. Nonetheless we experience time as continuous and that we live in a universe stretched across a space-time continuum. And the objects of reality each have a position within that space-time continuum.

But as I write this, it is now 4:10 am on Feb 17, 2018. My space coordinates place me at a specific location in my home in Arvada Colorado at the foot of the Rocky Mountains. If I were to consider my previous space-time coordinates, where is the computer, and my desk, that existed at 4:09 am while I was still working on the previous paragraph? Where is the computer that will exist at 4:30 am? None of that exists. I experienced it at 4:09. But it no longer exists right now. Only the computer and the desk that I am at now has physical existence. The holographic universe has physical existence in a Space-Present continuum, that only exists for the briefest of moments. When it is gone, a new one takes its place.

Now lets add a little Quantum Reality into the mix---because you might be thinking I'm pulling this stuff out of my ass---because after all---time goes from one moment to the next and the physical world flows through it just like it should, one moment connected to the next. So let's say that you and I are out looking up into the night sky with a telescope. You are looking at a bright star about 10,000 light years away, and after having me look at it, you tell me how you know that time exists because that light has travelled 10,000 light years across the universe and has taken 10,000 years of time to get here. Then you point out that for all we know that star has already exploded into a supernova, and it will take 10,000 years from that event for us to even know that it is gone.

But there is a problem with that----lets say that you are right and 2,000 years ago, the star did explode into a supernova. Quantum Mechanics tells us that the light waves, waves of x-rays, and everything else about that supernova are superpositioned, and have always existed every where all across the universe. So as we look through that telescope, looking at a star as it looked 10,000 years ago, the light of that supernova is already right there with us, everwhere---even within us. The problem is, it is a superpositioned wave, which I define as being nonphysical. Regardless of how you define it, we cannot perceive it, it is everywhere but not visible within our physical dimensions----it is a 4th dimensional thing. But even if it is 4th dimensional, it is still there---here---everywhere.

Remember, I said above that a physical thing has a specific position in space-time (i.e. space-present). The Quantum Information determines the probability of the when, where, how, what, and why a particle will manifest. Encoded in that information is the Universal Constant---the speed of light. Therefore, even though the light of the supernova is here right now, it will not collapse into particles---photons---physical light at this position on earth in space-time until 8,000 years from now. In fact, even Einstein's theories point out that this light, is everywhere simultaneously from the star to the earth and everywhere between---he was just looking at it still as if it had a classic trajectory through space-time. (This may sound as if it was predetermined, but remember, it is only a probability---after all, Trump may have blown up the whole earth by then and then there would then be no earth for the light to manifest upon. Or even your asteroid hits the earth.) The speed of light, which Einstein's math defines as the speed of time, is how the universe maintains our perception of 3 dimensionality (I call this the Principle of Continuous Three Dimensionality).

SO if an asteroid hit the earth, then yes, there would still continue to be quantum probability wave collapses into present moments of Now. In each moment objects would manifest that when taken all together---that is in so far as some sentient being were to perceive the moments of present together one after another, would show that planets would continue to orbit, suns would rise and set, and so forth. But here on earth, there would be no humans with minds that transcend the physicality to therefore tie one moment together to the next. It is not that our minds conjure up time----just that our minds connect the phenomena to percieve time, when all that really exists in a physical sense is fleeting moments of Now.

Asmodean likes this.
  9. Asmodean

I will return to read it better! :)

Mountain Valley Wolf likes this.
  10. rjhangover

rjhangover Senior Member

If a tree falls and there's no life to hear it, does it make a sound? What does a universe matter without a witness?

Cliff Unicorn likes this.
  11. rjhangover

rjhangover Senior Member

The physical is a distraction from the truth. Cause and effect...truth is the cause, everything else is the effect.

12. Asmodean

Regardless if there's a mind to interprete it, the tree can fall at some point and cause a ruckus which produces the sound. But why are you asking this in response to what i said exactly? I don't see how it answers my questions.

Most of the universe is already unwitnessed/without a witness.

13. rjhangover

rjhangover Senior Member

Everything that has happened has a witness..... The Akashic hall of records has it all written down.....

This is where John who wrote Revelations went to see what was to come....It's also where Edgar Cayce and Nostradamus went to get their info....

The Akashic Records - Crystalinks

Hall of Records - Crystalinks

14. Asmodean

Yeah... I'm sorry. I heard of it. If you are saying you got the answer to anything because you have access to the akashic records i can assure you that's not really a good way to state or explain any point.

15. rjhangover

rjhangover Senior Member

Some get it....some don't....

16. Asmodean

What exactly?

17. Mountain Valley Wolf

Yet according to Quantum Mechanics, Quantum Information cannot be destroyed. It can be altered, transferred, and so forth, but it cannot be destroyed.

Let's say you carve your initials into a park bench, and that 30 years later you return to that park and happen to find that same bench, and sure enough, your intials are still there! Though they now display 30 years of weather and sun, but they are unmistakeably there.

But of course that is the case---our physical world is material and concrete, and therefore stays consistent all through time, right?

The fact is, every particle and subatomic particle within that bench is barely there. And when each one is there, it has collapsed from a wave-field that stretches simultaneously all through space and time. In fact it does so randomly, as some particles that belong in the bench, may have very well collapsed on the opposite side of the universe, or on the moon, or in the tree next to the bench. But the probabilities are such that for the last 30 years, enough particles have collapsed into that bench, and into your carved signature, as to maintain its existence every second of every hour of every day of every year for the all those 30 years, observer or not. It is the Quantum Information that maintains these probabilities and determines where, how, when, and why each particle will manifest. Up until you stuck your knife into that bench, there was a flat painted surface there---then it was your initials---and the quantum information maintained this new change on the surface of the bench. This is true even if you disagree with me that only the present has any physical existence.

The existentialist Martin Heidegger said that the real question is not how things exist, but the question of why anything exists at all. Science has now pointed out that Heidegger was right. Without Quantum Information, there would be nothing to cause a collapse, and all that would exist is a nonphysical soup of energy that is everywhere and every time and therefore is motionless, positionless, and infinite. If Quantum Information only caused quantum collapses into particles, then we would have a 3 dimensional reality of random particles appearing and disappearing across the whole physical universe. But that is not what happens---we have a physical reality that remains consistent. So Quantum Information determines when and where a particle will manifest. It determines how and why. It therefore has to represent form to maintain not only the structure of the bench but the integrity, hardness, color, smell---all through trillions and trillions of particles that manifest one by one collectively working together to maintain your bench and the initials---each particle collapsing from, and immediately returning to the whole universe and 'all' of time.

But you changed that information by carving your initials, and the initials didn't instantly disappear, in fact they have been continuous and constant, and so there has to be a memory of sorts---something that maintains this new information. The form encoded within all these trillions and trillions of particles has to have what Sartre called, facticity---it has to have a history and state of being and to represent all that it physically is.

Or let's consider one of the stray random particles---an electron that in one incredibly small fraction of a nanosecond was meant to collapse onto the edge of one of your intials providing shape, color, hardness, etc to a specific carbon atom at that position (which itself also collectively represents a collapse from the universe). But instead it collapsed somewhere on a moon of a planet millions and millions of light years away on the other side of the universe. It appeared randomly and had no impact there on that distant moon----but it carried the information of your initials, carved by you---a measly human on a planet so small, buried in a galaxy so far away it is not even visible from where it manifested. And while it was only for a brief instant, and certainly had no impact on that distant point, information of your actions appeared briefly on that distant spot----even if there, by itself, it was comletely meaningless.

But over all, in every very small fraction of every nanosecond, quantum information is maintaining particles which appear and disappear so that this bench and your initials have the phenomena of being continuous, material, and physical. And any changes that take place will again alter that information----so yes, there is an observer, the universe itself through Quantum Information.

I argue that this Quantum Information is indeed an aspect of mind. But I also leave it up to you how you interpret it---is it mind? Is it conscious at some level? Or is it some kind of physical inanimate property to the universe we do not yet understand?

rjhangover likes this.
  18. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

Animate Q

19. Cliff Unicorn

Cliff Unicorn Members

... I suppose you are right... sigh...

[​IMG]

20. rjhangover

rjhangover Senior Member

Wow! That's a lot to chew on. But short and sweet, consciousness made everything that exists. Otherwise there wouldn't be any laws of order. Like the laws of atoms...the "god particle" gives everything its mass, without it, there is no mass.
    What is the God particle?

So the "god particle" is in everything, and God being a hologram, everything is in God. Nothing exists outside of God.
    The Holographic Universe - Simulation Hypothesis - Crystalinks

With all the laws of the universe, it's impossible for it to be an accident, there must be a reason.

Also, 80% of the universe is thought to be dark matter and dark energy.
    Dark matter makes up 80% of the Universe—but where is it all?

click on the purple links...