The Edge Of The Forest

Discussion in 'Dreams' started by Seoaros, Sep 22, 2016.

1. Seoaros

Seoaros Guest

Had a dream, but can only remember the very last bit of it. It was night time and I was standing on this hill overlooking a road that paralleled with a thick forest. Then I see a pair of orange eyes gleam out of the forest like a pair of stars off in the distance. Once the pair of orange eyes charged out of the forest and up the hill towards me; I recognized it as a Brown Bear or Grizzly Bear. Looked up the Dream Moods and Dream Dictionary, but only 1 or 2 things made slight sense. Does anyone have a more specific idea about what it might be??

2. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Bigfoot?

I donno.

3. themnax

themnax Senior Member

whatever that world has that you dream in, that are analogous to bears in ours, did what it did.

i don't, this idea of dream dictionaries, are based on a predicate i don't entirely buy. the universality of symbols.
    there may be symbolic relationships, indeed for some people they may be very strong ones, but they are no more universal then the shared cultures of those experiencing them.

i would hazard a guess that you are feeling a threat from something that is unknown or unfamiliar to you, and i won't try to claim the unknown incapable of harboring threats, but the unknown is not the only thing the forest can represent. indeed to me personally, the forest is home, because i grew up more in forests, or at least very small towns surrounded by them, then in larger towns or cities.

nature is not some monolithically simple thing. people often choose to interpret it that way, do to its freedom from the specific complexities of sapient society. so i would suggest your dark forrest represents a quagmire of complexity, who's details are less then completely familiar to you, and that some risks are capable of emerging from it. an example would be a programing task, where either the programing language or the nature of the task is less then completely familiar, and you are performance rated on how quickly and well you produce an algorythim to deal with it.

there are probably other even more common examples, but for no reason known to me, that was the first one to cross my mind. its just, you know, anxiety being subconsciously expressed.
    i wouldn't really expect it to indicate anything more useful or informative then that.

it (your subconscious) could be warning you against walking (travelling, by whatever means) too close to places of dense unfamiliar complexity.
    such warnings are still a role of the dice as how much real risk they represent.

i notice you didn't say the 'bear' got you, so somehow the stress, or something else, teleported you out of there, before it could.

4. Peace at mind.

Peace at mind. Member

Was waiting for this shift...

5. themnax

themnax Senior Member

an obvious lead in for 'shift happens'

which is a bit off the subject of bears and their symbols.

in some cultures bear is the healer.
    in some, perhaps a guide to the strength of courage.
    hundreds or even thousands of cultures,
    each seeing the same or similar spirit a little differently.