The Donald Trump Score Card

Discussion in 'Politicians' started by MeAgain, Nov 15, 2016.

1. egger

egger Member

What a nightmare.

Paul Manafort trial Day 5: Rick Gates testifies he committed bank, tax fraud at Manafort’s direction
    by Rachel Weiner, Matt Zapotosky, Ann E. Marimow and Justin Jouvenal
    August 6, 2018 at 6:02 PM

Paul Manafort trial Day 5: Rick Gates testifies he committed bank, tax fraud at Manafort’s direction

• Rick Gates, Paul Manafort’s longtime business partner, testifies they committed bank and tax fraud
    • Gates admits he embezzled hundreds of thousands from Manafort
    • Judge Ellis and prosecutors spar over Ukrainian work

2. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

So now Trump is planning on making it harder for legal immigrants to obtain US citizenship. Boot the ones here illegally and fuck the ones who are legally here.

It's almost as if he wants no immigration at all. As if he is afraid of outside influence...scared of foreign cultures tainting his country.

I think the word for this is xenophobic.

How anyone can't see through this cocksucker is beyond me.

3. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

These Tariffs could turn out to be the biggest mistake trump has made to date.

That is of course besides turning traitor and conspiring with the Russian government to steal the 2016 Presidential Election.

South Carolina manufacturer says it's closing plant over Trump tariffs

Element Electronics, a consumer electronics company in South Carolina, says it will be closing its plant in Winnsboro due to tariffs imposed by President Trump.

The company was one of the largest remaining employers in Fairfield County after the local Walmart, which used to be the largest grocery store in the county, closed its door two years ago.

"When you think you've reached rock bottom, to get kicked in the gut like this, you didn't think anything more could happen,"

4. Meliai

Meliai Banned

5. Noserider

This has been all over the news. The whole state is laughing at this jackass.

Everyone who lives here knows that is the dumbest...sigh...like you said, Trump says something fucking stupid...again. Diverted to the Pacific Ocean...what a shitstain of a human being

6. egger

egger Member

Call on Melania once again to perform her retroactive smoothing over of Trump's remarks. It must be fatiguing.

7. egger

egger Member

What Is the Trade Deficit?
    It’s not a scorecard, and reducing it won’t necessarily be good for jobs.
    by Neil Irwin
    June 9, 2018

excerpt:

"Wouldn’t it be better if the U.S. didn’t run a deficit?

It’s not clear that that’s even an option, because the dollar isn’t used just in trade between the United States and other countries.

The dollar is a global reserve currency, meaning that it is used around the world in transactions that have nothing to do with the United States. When a Malaysian company does business with a German company, in many cases it will do business in dollars; when wealthy people in Dubai or Singapore’s government investment fund want to sock away money, they do so in large part in dollar assets.

That creates upward pressure on the dollar for reasons unrelated to trade flows between the United States and its partners. That, in turn, makes the dollar stronger — and American exporters less competitive — than they would be in a world where nobody used the dollar for anything except commerce involving the United States.

The roughly $500 billion trade deficit that the United States runs each year isn’t just about poorly negotiated trade deals and currency manipulation by this or that country. It’s also, to some degree, a byproduct of the central role the United States plays in the global financial system.

There’s even a name for this: the Triffin dilemma. In the mid-20th century, the economist Robert Triffin warned that the provider of the global reserve currency would need to run perpetual trade deficits to keep the world financial system from freezing, with those trade deficits potentially fueling domestic booms and busts.

The key idea is that if Mr. Trump really wanted to reduce our trade deficits in a major way, he would have to have to rethink the very underpinnings of global finance."

stormountainman likes this.
  8. egger

egger Member

It’s not a scorecard, and reducing it won’t necessarily be good for jobs.
    by Neil Irwin
    June 9, 2018

excerpt:

"If having the global reserve currency means bleeding jobs overseas, why keep it?

Be careful what you wish for.

There’s no doubt that maintaining the global reserve currency creates costs for the United States, namely a less competitive export industry.

But it also creates a lot of advantages. Lower interest rates and higher stock prices are among them (though they have the downside of also feeding debt-driven booms and busts). Even more important is what the dollar’s prominence in global finance does for America’s place in the world.

It helps ensure that the United States can afford to finance wars, and it gives the government greater ability to fight recessions and panics. A country experiencing a banking panic will see money sent out of the country, causing its currency to fall and its interest rates to rise. All that limits a government’s options for fixing the problem. In 2008, when the United States experienced a near collapse of the banking system, the opposite happened.

The centrality of the dollar to global finance gives the United States power on the global stage that no other country can match. It has enforced sanctions on Iran, Russia, North Korea and terrorist groups with the implicit threat of cutting off access to the dollar payments system for any bank in the world that does not cooperate with American foreign policy.

Part of what makes the United States powerful is the great importance of the dollar to global finance. And part of the price the United States pays for that status is a stronger currency and higher trade deficits than would be the case otherwise.

The debate over the trade deficit is about more than Mexico and China, cars and bananas, or winning and losing. It’s about what makes America great, and which of the country’s priorities should come first."

stormountainman likes this.
  9. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

Trump is really going to be pissed off now, because the people of Michigan just voted the country's first Palestinian Muslim Woman to serve in Congress!

scratcho and Noserider like this.
  10. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Certainly nothing wrong with being Russian but something tells me if a democrat had worn a shirt saying something like that about republicans they'd be called a traitor, by people exactly like the two in this photo.

11. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

I still say they look gay...gay republican committee...they support Rudy Giulianni

Flagme15 likes this.
  12. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

They may well be homosexual. Probably the only remotely interesting thing about them.

Meliai likes this.
  13. Flagme15

Flagme15 Members

oh dear god, gay republicans. now where is that conversion program when you need it?

scratcho likes this.
  14. Noserider

They're not gay...trust me.

15. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

I don't know, they do have matching shirts. :sweatsmile:

Kidding, kidding. *slowly backs away a few steps, then runs*

scratcho likes this.
  16. Noserider

Gay dudes are usually hot and in good shape and clean cut because they take care of themselves.

And they generally don't wear MAGA hats either :)

scratcho and Meliai like this.
  17. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

I can't hear you because I'm still running away...

:p

Nah I hear ya. I don't know why their sexuality was brought up to begin with, to be honest.

18. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Wait... Are you calling me gay?

Bwahahahaha!

19. Noserider

Totally, homo

McFuddy likes this.
  20. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Couple of fine looking specimens. Why not just wear a shirt that says: LOOK AT ME--I'M A DUMB MOTHERFUCKER!!