The Donald Trump Score Card

Discussion in 'Politicians' started by MeAgain, Nov 15, 2016.

1. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

One example:
    Remember that meeting that Western reporters were barred from, but Russian media admitted? Here's a picture released by Moscow.
    [​IMG]

scratcho and stormountainman like this.
  2. GeorgeJetStoned

GeorgeJetStoned Odd Member

The guy does enough REAL shit. So why create this fantasy? How can you possibly focus on what's really happening when you're clearly spending your time making stuff up?

This is what I don't get these days. Trump is actually doing plenty of objectionable deeds, and yet, people STILL feel a need to embellish. What purpose does this serve? Does it make you feel better? Really, is it some kind of self therapy?

3. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

He's the head of the main American institution established for the administration of public housing; however, he does not think anyone deserves public housing, because his boss does not feel like paying taxes.

4. stormountainman

I actually read an article where Trump said he is ready for Mount Rushmore.

5. stormountainman

Bill Cunningham calls him a Great American...?

6. GeorgeJetStoned

I heard the same about Obama. Who can actually trust reporting these days?

7. MeAgain

Really? I suppose you have a source?

stormountainman and Tyrsonswood like this.
  8. Meliai

Meliai Banned

downloadfile.jpg

Just bringing some levity to the thread

GeorgeJetStoned likes this.
  9. egger

egger Member

Talk about embellishment and the need for therapy.

Knowing Trump, he'd have one of his televised public circle jerk gatherings with the construction workers who would say what a superb honor it was to be selected to do the work for him.

He'd likely have the other faces destroyed so as to not be demeaned by them, similar to how he destroyed the artistic reliefs on the facade of the NY building he demolished.

After it was finished, like what he did to the undocumented Polish workers and others, he'd stiff them out of their money and battle them legally for years until finally settling privately in court for what he owed them out of fear of losing in a public jury trial.

scratcho likes this.
  10. MeAgain

This dates back to last July.

11. GeorgeJetStoned

Google, same as everyone else. Unless you expect me to personally remember a link from around 2009. Otherwise I invite you to do your own research.

12. stormountainman

During that recent Republican Retreat gathering in West Va, he did say he was ready for Mount Rushmore...maybe someone can paste that on here? I can't do it with my piece of dudu laptop?

13. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I'll keep it short=The man is a prick and republicans (most) are liars and will back the prick---as they are now 'till the fabled cows come home. I dislike republicans intensely. They've been the same for as long as I can remember. Dirty tricks, lies and suck-asses to the rich, in spite of the fact that ALL THAT MONEY that they collect in taxes should go to help rather than hurt citizens. Well, not the money of the 1% of course--they STILL don't have enough of it, so why should they contribute?

John McCain had a decent and correct statement concerning this latest bullshit. I give him credit for that.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
    Moonglow181 and stormountainman like this.
  14. GeorgeJetStoned

As I have read, it was a joke. However, I don't have the exact quote. While I think he's certainly vain enough to consider such a thing, after all, he has a star on the Walk of Fame, I have serious doubts that he'd REALLY be considering Rushmore. It's yet another deflection, hardly worth taking seriously.

Where's the beef? Why all this clutter?

15. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Maybe you were thinking of this. OBAMA ADDS HIMSELF TO MOUNT RUSHMORE | Weekly World News Check out the other items in that issue.
    HOW TO SELL YOUR SOUL TO THE DEVIL (5391 comments)
    ALIEN SPACESHIPS TO ATTACK EARTH IN DECEMBER! (3446 comments)
    EARTH TO COLLIDE WITH NIBIRU ON OCTOBER 17, 2017! (2105 comments)

Or was it this one?"Obama to be on Mt Rushmore! I-90 will be closed tomorrow across South Dakota. They are hauling a 200-ton lump of coal so they can add Obama to Mount Rushmore. They couldn’t find a 200-ton piece of sh*t that would stick."

For a 2009 article suggesting that the Mount Rushmore claim might be a hoax, see Is President Barack Obama Bound for Mount Rushmore? | HuffPost

scratcho likes this.
  16. MeAgain

I did and couldn't find anything credible. That's why I asked you for your source.

Why would you post something when you don't know if it's true or not?

I hear lots of stuff I don't post here unless I'm relatively sure it has some basis.
    I asked what your basis was for what you posted, that's all.

17. GeorgeJetStoned

I never suggested it was credible. Certainly no more "credible" than it would be for Trump to be put on Rushmore. However, there's still a Go Fund Me account that hopes to finance Obama's face on the mountain. So at least some folks still have faith!

18. egger

egger Member

Trump made remarks insinuating that he's the greatest President in history and up there with Lincoln and Washington based on a remark Orrin Hatch made to him. Trump embellished the actual remark of Hatch who once said he 'could be' the best President ever.

In his speech Trump, who supposedly knows everything better than everyone, confused vocational schools with community colleges while claiming that people don't understand what community college means. It's consistent with his pattern of harking back to the post-WWII industrial era of decades ago before community colleges became prominent.

Trump tells GOP retreat he's ready for Mount Rushmore
    Dylan Stableford, Senior Editor
    February 1, 2018

Trump tells GOP retreat he's ready for Mount Rushmore

excerpt:

"President Trump appeared to be in a jovial mood at a GOP retreat in West Virginia on Thursday, boasting about how his administration has “fulfilled far more promises than we’ve promised.” And without quite saying so himself, he claimed Sen. Orrin Hatch, R-Utah, once told him that he is “the greatest president in the history of our country.”

Trump’s remarks at the annual gathering of Republican members of Congress at the Greenbrier Resort in White Sulphur Springs, W.V., came a day after the train taking lawmakers there hit a dump truck, killing one of the vehicle’s occupants.

The president extended prayers to those affected by the train accident before launching into a freewheeling speech that elaborated on the themes of Tuesday’s State of the Union address — with Trump veering off the script numerous times during his 35-minute talk."

stormountainman likes this.
  19. egger

egger Member

An article about Trump's conflation of vocational schools with community colleges.

Less Community, More Vocational
    President Trump wants to see community colleges change names and shift focus to more job training, which two-year college leaders say they already do.
    by Ashley A. Smith
    February 2, 2018

Trump calls for converting community colleges to vocational schools

excerpts:

"Despite Trump’s rhetoric, his actions have led to further cuts in work-force training, said Andy Van Kleunen, chief executive officer of the National Skills Coalition.

“We appreciate that, during the State of the Union, President Trump called out the need for a greater national investment in work-force development, job training and vocational schools,” Van Kleunen said in a written statement. “But talk is cheap. Ensuring we have the most skilled work force in the world is not. Unfortunately, to date, the president’s agencies have either called for deep cuts to work-force programs or they have refused to spend the training resources Congress has already given to them.”

Because two-year colleges offer more than vocational education, like dual-enrollment programs with K-12 schools, meeting industry employment needs and providing community activities, altering their name might cause confusion, Hansen said.

“The name ‘vocational school’ would be misleading and inappropriate for at least all of the community colleges in Michigan and likely the majority of them across the country,” Hansen said."

20. egger

egger Member

Trump could have spent some time devoted to education in the SOTU address if he thinks it's important instead of trying to scare people about immigrants.

Trump confuses community colleges and vocational schools
    He also said “a lot of people don't know what a community college means or represents.” Actually they do.
    by Valerie Strauss - The Washington Post
    Posted: 6:30 a.m. Friday, February 02, 2018

Trump confuses community colleges and vocational schools

excerpt:

"Despite his stated enthusiasm for vocational training, his first proposed budget last year sought $168 million in cuts to grants that fund career and technical education programs in high schools. Congress balked at most of that request.

In his Tuesday address, Trump barely mentioned the words "schools" or "education" and uttered "college" once, in a passing mention of "college savings accounts.""