The Conjuring

Discussion in 'Horror Movies' started by quiewre, Aug 20, 2013.

1. quiewre

quiewre Guest

Last night I watched the film
    This one happened when a family moved into a Farm house in Rhode Island in the early 70s. It was investigated by demonologists Loraine and Ed Warren.

2. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

I really liked it cos it had some great actors.

But nothing really scares me anymore, with movies that is

3. teamoomata

teamoomata Banned

I liked it, it was alright. the second one was a lot better though....

4. Victor Montanez

Victor Montanez Guest

i loved it. one of the best horror movie of 2013

5. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

Since its supposed to be based on a true story, I'm interested in seeing it...I think. :eek:

I guess I'm asking for a spoiler alert...do the people come out of it ok?

6. nedahardy

nedahardy Member

I love it i can't sleep alone because of these movie.

7. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

i saw this one. it was pretty good. interesting story

8. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Movies based on real stories tend to work out like this;

Relevant story line, bullshit events, people and everything else. =p

9. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

So I watched this on the weekend and I didn't really find it very scary at all except it's a lot better than the Paranormal Activity films by a mile. That being said I still enjoyed it quite a bit.

Though after researching the "true" events of the movie I was as usual disappointed. Though the house may have haunting a, the story behind the witch was most likely false etc.

Now the Conjuring 2 is meant to be about the Enfield haunting a in the Uk and that surprises me because the children were caught faking some of the instances. If the movie itself is anything like the first with prominent poltergeist and haunting activity, I'm not sure how "true" the movie will feel.

10. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

This is what I've come to think: that there is (probably) no movie that can honestly and truly depict what it is like to deal with a haunting. :)

11. KateElizaXO

KateElizaXO Members

I honestly don't get scared by any horror movies anymore. I just enjoy a really good, dark story and this is definitely that. Loved the acting, the setting, the clothes. It was just a nice horror to watch in bed or when you're completely chilled on the couch.

12. Lvlygrl

Lvlygrl Members

The Conjuring freaked me out a little bit because of the "true story" of it all. The Conjuring 2 was more accurate to the true accounts of what happened. But ya the witch in the movie was bs, they just needed to glamorize it to be able to profit from it.

I have read all of Ed and Lorraine Warrens books and I've got to say, they've had quite an interesting life. I've seen Lorraine Warren take part in some investigations and to be able to do all she has done and experienced, you gotta give it to the woman. I know I'd turn a run the other way at the first smallest noise I heard. Whether or not they're fakes or not...I dunno, but I'd like to believe there are people out there with gifts like that.