The Alphabetizing Business Cards Problem.

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by Jimbee68, Sep 4, 2017.

1. Jimbee68

Jimbee68 Member

Really a math question (which is why I put it here).

I just took all my business cards, and alphabetized them in my business card holder. I have collecting many of them really. And I probably will get even more in the future.

Therein is my problem. How do I add more to the bunch, in alphabetical order, without pulling all the rest out, and starting all over?

Tentatively, I guess I could put them in, and leave a space between each card. But that would only work if I just had one more to put in that space wouldn't it? I guess then I could leave two spaces between them. But same problem.

I have to tell you. You all seem like a smart group of people on these boards. So I will have to leave it to you. How do you solve this problem?

:)

2. Spectacles

Spectacles My life is a tapestry Lifetime Supporter

Get a Rolodex.

3. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i don't know what kind of business card holder you have, i can just slide any number of additional cards into any old place.

more important question: do you alphabetize by the person's name or the business name? i currently have a mixture of both, because i started using people's names until i realized that i was alphabetizing people based on names that i don't even remember, so i switched to business in the middle of the process.

4. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Use the trash can....

5. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

May I ask why you need so many business cards?

6. Jimbee68

Jimbee68 Member

I don't think I have THAT many. Just ten or twenty. How many do you have :) ?

To answer the other questions, I get the business card holder at a dollar store. But it is of pretty good quality. The format is kind of like a photo album, if that is any help.

7. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

every meeting, people give you their card. then you file it away, because that's just what you do.

to be fair, there have been a handful of times i've needed something and actually found the info or person i needed via an old business card i had stored away.

8. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

I guess not too many. I usually throw them away after a year or 6 months if I don't talk to the person after that amount of time. If it is someone I know I will need to contact in the future, I keep it.

9. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Sounds like you just need the yellow pages :d

10. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Then he can get in his time machine and rejoin us in the 21st century.