Testicular examination

Discussion in 'Men's Issues' started by Mui, Jun 1, 2005.

1. Aristartle

Aristartle Snow Falling on Cedars Lifetime Supporter

I'd be happy to kick them for you.

2. *Andy*

*Andy* Senior Member

Just a question about this whole testicular exam thing. Okay well, being gay, do you think the doc would get freaked out if I got hard if he started fondling my nuts? I would probably come too, but thats just a bit too much info. At what age should you start going for check ups? I think I read somewhere that nut cancer affects kids from 15 - 39 or something..

Do you think it would be wrong to go to the doc for a testicular examination to get pleasure out of it ?

3. neoman

neoman Member

I Have A 25 Inch Dick Is That Normal?

4. Mr. Melty

Mr. Melty Member

andy, if the doctor had any professionalism at all he'd just keep going on doing his job, maybe offer you some tissue to clean up or a cup or something. i'm sure you're not the only guy in the world that would get a hard on when with someone fondling your balls.

Also i don't think it's wrong. Your genitals are made for 1) making babies and 2) being pleasured upon. It might be for medical reasons, but it's also primarily what you do (well, not the ONLY thing of course) for both these reasons.

5. MattInVegas

MattInVegas John Denver Mega-Fan

DREAM ON little boy! NOBODY not even a HORSE has one that long.

IF you feel pain when giving yourself an exam, or even your physician giving you that exam, Something is WRONG!!!

6. MattInVegas

MattInVegas John Denver Mega-Fan

Andy, many males have an output when getting a Prostate check. A professional Doctor will say NOTHING if he/she has to call the nurse for a mop to clean up what you put out. Besides. In the USA at least, there is somethong called Doctor/Patient privelage. That means ther can't even tell a Federal court what happend. No worries mate.

7. dead_head90

dead_head90 Member

8. Shale

Shale ~

I had an epidydimal cyst - discovered it in India while working in a free clinic and giving myself a physical using a doctor's book. I was in my early 20s and couldn't understand the doctor's concern when I told her I discovered a lump on my testes. She sent me to another (male) doctor who diagnosed and set up the surgery to remove it. Even tho they are common and benign, they still biopsy to make sure.

Now I grew up with all that bullshit propriety and as a teenager they barely told us the difference between boys and girls and DID NOT even consider explaining the one cancer that hits young men and how to find it in the early stages. You boys (sorry, anyone under 30 is a boy to me) have the benefit of this knowledge and should take it to heart.

Heat, I bumped your quote because I know this is serious - and I know young men of the age this cancer hits are uneasy discussing their precious balls.

While working at a hospital on a university campus, I volunteered with the health clinic. Annually we gave education out on the sidewalk about breast self-exams and testicular self exams. We even had the rubber models of breasts with lumps and scrotums with a palpable testicle with lumps.

The girls would examine the breast models but the boys were toooo afraid to examine a scrotum. Hopefully it was the latent homosexual aversion that the guys didn't want to demonstrate but I have seen it indicated in this thread.

Boys - (OK young men) DO IT.

Don't be embarrassed - it is just a part of your body and almost every guy has a scrotum. Almost every woman has seen a scrotum - especially your doctor - and has palpated the same. Do the self exam and if you feel anything that doesn't feel like a little hard boiled egg in there (now remember there are a lot of tubes on the side of the testes), then go see a doctor.

While at that hospital I worked on the oncology unit (cancer) and one of my patients was a 37-year-old man who had exhausted all treatment for his testicular cancer that had metastasized and gone thru his body. It is rough to be told you are dying at 37.

This cancer is quite curable if detected early. You likely will only lose one ball and the other is sufficient for testosterone, babies and JO. So catch it early.

Now for other matters of young male genitals, I did a pamphlet once in simple to read form after finding a rube in the hospital who couldn't even tell me if he was circumcised or not. Come on guys, it's your body, learn about it. So I did this Maintenance Manual for Male Private Parts.

If the link works:

http://www.literotica.com/stories/showstory.php?id=125376

9. cloud7

cloud7 Member

it is abysmal in this country that so many boys do not even know if they are circumcised, I have some friends who did not realize he was cut and not until after he had learned how bad it was

on topic, I have had the testicular exam, no biggie, no erection since I'm straight

I have had the misfortune of a prostate exam, it's not horrible just uncomfortable

if anyone did get a hard on though, straight or gay, it's understandable, erections can occur just from being nervous or from from worrying about getting one

10. BrotherMat

BrotherMat Member

After i got kicked really hard in the knackers during a soccer match one time, i felt y nuts about a week later, and there was a small lump, turns out it was just swelling. Just remember that not all lumps are cancers

11. Fastswitch

Fastswitch Visitor

The Brits do this better than Americans ever could, with our damn religious tenents. Be pure! The hell with teens dying of testicular cancer. This will answer all questions! Enjoy! BTW, I know several men who lost a ball before marriage - each had kids, no problem. Good news. Bad news - don't do anything 'cause you're embarrassed. Look and learn:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUVKN8tMpaE

12. Shale

Shale ~

Thanks for the video link Fastswitch. I used that to pester all the cute boys I have as Friends on MySpace. (Hope they don't delete me now).

Here is my Bulletin and PM message:

Testicular Examinations

This is for all the young men in my Friends on MySpace. I suppose you were alerted in high school health class to one of the few cancers that hit young men. I should hope so, but knowing the prudery in America, there would likely have been some protest at this necessary education. (I did not get informed in my youth - never realized the risk)

Anyhow, testicular cancer hits young men between the ages of 15 and 35. When I worked at Shands Hospital in Gainesville Florida, I made a brochure educating young men to their own genitalia. Here is an excerpt from that manual:

Monthly Testicular Self-Examinations (TSE) are the best way to detect cancer early, so that it can have a better chance of treatment.

After a warm bath, when the scrotal skin is loose, roll each testicle between the thumb and forefinger of both hands. The testicles should be firm and smooth, with no hard lumps.

If any lumps are felt go to a medical doctor for further tests to see if it is cancer or not. If detected early, testicular cancer has a high cure rate and usually does not affect fertility.

</SPAN>[​IMG]

Now, I have found a very candid video from the UK that really gets down to demonstration of this technique. There are quite a few immodest guys in this locker room health demo. Moreso than the college kids at UF where we tried to get them to search out lumps on a rubber model of a scrotum and most guys could not bring themselves to touch it.

But seriously guys, this is serious. I cared for a man in his late 30s who was dying of the cancer that had spread and there was no further treatment. Had it been caught early it would have been treatable. JUST DO IT!

(I embedded the video here)

13. Lennon_Skye

Lennon_Skye Member

I consider going to my doctor soon just for a routine checkup, I want to ask him about testicular examinations as well as prostate exams.

There's not much said about the regular prostate exam on here. Someone should make a thread ;)

L_S

14. Shale

Shale ~

Actually, you're a bit young to worry about the prostate, just concentrate on feeling your balls. :p

Doctors start doing prostate exams and blood work on men around 40. Demographically, that is the early age for most prostate problems - altho there is always someone outside the demographic like a man I know in his 30s who had prostate cancer.

But, testicular cancer is unusual as it affects young men more than older. By the demographics you have five years grace period between 35 for teticular and 40 for prostate.

Even tho they say a prostate is about the size of a walnut, I have done "prostate exams" on guys in their 20s and 30s and it's hardly large enuf to feel - unlike mine which is normal hypertrophied, at least walnut size.

15. (ket)man

(ket)man Member

Hi all, I hope no one minds me adding in (even though I'm new)--

I'll try not to repeat what anyone else has said. As a guy who has gone through the rigorous process of testicular cancer testing, I can tell you that regular checking is vital. Even though it ended up being a benign cyst, I was lucky to find the lump when I did.

The growth rate of testicular cancer is typically such that (and I quote my own urologist) if your lump is quarter-sized when you find it, the cyst will likely DOUBLE in size within the month. Needless to say, some guys are dumb enough to do nothing:

The last guy my urologist had treated for testicular cancer had balls the size of grapefruits. That's not something to brag about, boys ;)

Unfortunately for me, I've lost the functionality of one testicle because of my cyst. Complete removal is usually the treatment, though, so I count it as a net win...

Otherwise I'd be paying for one of those little cushy prosthetic nuts, you know? :D

16. chamokie

chamokie Member

FWIW, I lost a testical to lumps and bumps long ago, had two healthy children. No women ever said a word about the one testical hanging there. It is all in your head. You are no less a man because you dont have two balls.

17. ChrisFromScotland

ChrisFromScotland Lang may yer lum reek

I can speak from experience on this one as i descovered i had testicular cancer just last christmas there.

First thing i noticed was the testicle had swollen a lil so i went and got some anti=biotics but not long after it became quite firm so i didnt fuck about went straight back to the docs and got a ultra sound on it, which is when they discovered a lump however i wasnt able to feel it on the testicle. Also like to tell you there was no pain on the testicle at all so if you ever have sore balls it may be something else lol

cut a long story short here, they basicly removed the testicle and that was that, dont have cancer now though i have to have regular MRI scans bloods etc

You can still come with one testicle just incase you were curious lol everything still good down there as far as im concerned. They also give you the option of having a prosthetic testicle put in place which i had done and its made out the same shit they make fake tits from.

18. etkearne

etkearne Resident Pharmacologist

I thought I had testicular cancer for over a year. Then I found out that the bumps down there are actually a condition called 'varicocele' which is basically varicose veins in your scrotum. It is a completely benign and generally painless condition. Boy, that was a relief to find out! I was quite concerned at one point.

So please have THIS condition ruled out before your doctor sends you to an oncologist!

19. cuddlemonster

cuddlemonster Members

I think your nuts should have this string that you can feel behind the balls.. also.. you need to ensure you still have 2 balls.. there's no pain in touching your balls.. and it doesn't look abnormal or swollen.

20. Logan 5

Logan 5 Confessed gynephile Lifetime Supporter

I check myself and find nothing, however I found a bump on the scrotal skin...?