Testicular examination

Discussion in 'Men's Issues' started by Mui, Jun 1, 2005.

1. The Wind Cries Paul

The Wind Cries Paul Member

Well i'd just like to inform you guys that i dont have cancer, its just a vein from going into my testicles that has coiled up. I will haver to go to a urologist and might have to have surgery, but its nothing life threatining, and thats alot better than testicular cancer.

2. NatureFreak412

NatureFreak412 Art of Balance

Is it normal for one testicle to be bigger than the other?

3. The Wind Cries Paul

The Wind Cries Paul Member

i think it is, but dont quote me on that one.

4. IronGoth

IronGoth Newbie

NatureFreak: yes. But I mean, within range. If one's a tennis ball get it looked at.

5. Heat

Heat Smile, it's contagious! :) Lifetime Supporter

I am really relieved that you did got and get this checked out. I wish that they had found nothing wrong at all and I do hope that you have good results and that you do not require surgery.

Thank you for letting us know how it all went as I am sure many of us were concerned for you.

6. NatureFreak412

NatureFreak412 Art of Balance

Nah its not a huge difference, but there is a difference.

7. Green

Green Iconoclastic

Its hard to feel all the way around, I feel like I am feeling skin and not a solid surface, would the bumps be hard, or like a pimple sort of? Its also hard feeling them on such a curved surface.

8. rg paddler

rg paddler Senior Member

Well,after reading this thread I made an appointment to see the doctor about this lump I think I've got.I go there in 45 minutes - I'd be lying if I said I wasn't scared.It's a woman doctor too,but wtf - as long as someone can help.I'd also be lying if I said I dont have a beer in the fridge for when I get back - but I guess the results aren't instant anyway,but seeing the doctor is enough stress for one day
    :&

Thanks hipforumers for helping me with a bit of courage

9. rg paddler

rg paddler Senior Member

well straight away she was able to tell me it's an epididymal cyst and I have got to go for an ultrasound.Which is kind of a relief - from what I've read about it on the internet is something that is very common and can be operated on if causing discomfort

http://www.bbc.co.uk/health/ask_the_doctor/epididymalcyst.shtml

Thanks again,RG

10. Blazin

Blazin Member

I found a lump when I was checking in the shower one day and it was the worst feeling in the world. I had it checked out straight away and had an ultrasound done. It turned out to be just a cyst.

11. Samhain

Samhain Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

this reminds me I haven't done a self check in a while
    maybe the below poster would be helpful to everyone?

[​IMG]

12. aphrodite_pretty

aphrodite_pretty Member

There are self testicular examinations like there are self breast examinations. Look it up online, you can find it.

13. rg paddler

rg paddler Senior Member

went for a scan today and watched the screen while she did it.It wasn't 'friends',but it was an image of two testes - one with a dark blip on it,representing a growth.Sorry this isn't about cancer but just informing - if it's a cyst - then you may be due for an operation if uncomfortable/painful if not best left alone.Only that I am very suspicious of what doctors tell me,but she seemed quite adamant that a cancer would show up as being inside the testes rather than on the outside and if at the top - is epydidyml - another poster said earlier his tubes were crossed - apparently quite common

14. Jim

Jim Senior Member

I always like to combine it with a scratch..

15. jackman

jackman Member

hey. just lately, about a week ago, i started feeling this discomfort in my testes and my lower abdomen. i have been checking them for 5 days now and i cant feel any bumps other than the usual veins and tubes. can over masturbation be a reason? i mean i do it once a day and i am sure some people do it more than i and dont have this problem. any ideas? i suppose i can have my school nurse check this, but she is old and seems knowledgeable about this subject. has anyone else experienced this? i hope there is nothing wrong with my Atlas and Hercules.

16. Heat

Heat Smile, it's contagious! :) Lifetime Supporter

Please have it checked out. A false scare is a good thing, checking is a better thing to do.

Self exams are a great tool but a professional examination should also be done if you have any concerns.

17. jackman

jackman Member

apparently i just need to take antibiotics.

18. Ikdenkhetniet

Ikdenkhetniet Banned

If it will encourage anyone to go get tested let me tell you how easy it will be (probably heh).
    They take this little handheld 'sonar' device and apply a big of gel or something to the window part.
    Then they just move it up and around.

This does not hurt, prod, push or pull anything its almost laughable.
    Takes like 2 minutes.
    Stand, unzip, at worst slightly cold but smooth thing is rubbed gently for a minutes and your done.

What im told is this - as a 'rule' you get testicular cancer between 18-28.
    If you dont have it by then you can pretty much bet you wont get it.
    Of course exceptions exist so sure.
    But,
    Its ridiculously easy and nothing like a prostate exam or any stuff where they ram and pull stuff hard etc.
    No, this is like having nothing done at all. it almost feels slightly pleasant.
    Easy.
    Do it if you have even the slightest suspicion of any lumps or bumps or shapes down there that you dont remember having before.
    Easy.

19. Cutted

Cutted Cutted

Testicular cancer almost always appears in men under forty for some reason. If you find a lump you must get it checked out.

Other testicular problems include varicoceles, varicose veins in the epididimus, or tube from the testicles to the prostate, which can cause pain and might have to be surgically removed if it gets too bad. I have had one for many years, and it never interferes with my sexual activity, etc. or my fertility (I have twins). The testicle with the varicocele is a little more sensitive than the other one. My father had the same problem, so this may be hereditary. It first appeared in my late teens, when I became sexually active.

20. ronald Macdonald

ronald Macdonald Banned

Does anyone in this thread want to examine my nuts for me?