Tell me about your weird dreams

Discussion in 'Dreams' started by Americunt, Oct 9, 2017.

1. Americunt

Americunt Corporate Hack

I'm talking about the stuff that makes you scratch your head upon waking.

Last night I dreamed of Pennywise the Clown. He knocked me over onto my back and was about to eat me, when I raised a finger to stop him, saying "Hey, don't do any of that weird shit to my eyes, I'm not into all that." He was kind enough to comply.

GypsyHolly83 and Jude96 like this.
  2. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

There have been a lot of dream threads recently.

All of my dreams are damn weird, so let me share the most recent. This dude I'm crushin' on and I are in an apple crisp making contest. I, seemingly not in control of my own actions, begin to add random ingredients. I insist on using blended dates in the mixture, and walnuts in the crust. Apple crisp doesn't even have crust, and this makes me break out in laughter as I stir the crust mixture.

And then I woke up.

Sagewynd and Americunt like this.
  3. Americunt

Americunt Corporate Hack

Do you ever actually laugh in real life at your dreams? I do, and it usually wakes me up.

4. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

My dreams often have the same recurring theme - I'm looking for a particular place, and never finding it. Trying to unlock my car door, and dropping the keys over and over, never able to unlock the door. I'm in line, waiting and waiting for something...never know what I'm waiting for exactly...and never make it to the beginning of the line. My very weird, annoying dreams. :bigcry: They must mean something.

1 person likes this.
  5. Americunt

Americunt Corporate Hack

I like to use the Dream Moods website to interpret mine. Their database is pretty extensive.

1 person likes this.
  6. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

TY! I'll check this out.

Edit to add, omg...I'm going to cry. Seriously, I just went to that site, and there wasn't an exact match to the typical dream theme I've been having, but I found one that is close. And the response was that it means that there are things in my life, where I need to change my perspective, and maybe I've been doing the same thing hoping for different results. That's why I never get to where I want to go in the dream, or can never open the car door, etc...

Oh my gosh, that's amazing. I wouldn't have ever thought of that!! :)

1 person likes this.
  7. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i don't remember any good dreams. i've always had really psychotic, nonsensical dreams, but lately they've been really mundane. like, a typical day at work is the entire dream. it's kind of depressing, my old dreams were usually a lot of fun.

8. Americunt

Americunt Corporate Hack

I'm glad it helped you out! I love everything about dreams, so that has been bookmarked for a long time.
    EDIT: UGH. What is going on with this thing!

1 person likes this.
  9. Jude96

Jude96 Members

I had a dream recently that someone moved into my detached garage and moved out all of the stuff I had in there... they wouldn’t leave and the police wouldn’t do anything... that was one recent weird one... no idea who the person was...

1 person likes this.
  10. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

Do you feel like you're living a very serious, boring life right now? Like nothing changes, same thing...every single day? Supposedly, dreams offer insight into our awake life. You should see if you can find your dream on that website. :)

11. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

Me too! I'm happy you shared that. I don't normally care about my dreams, until they become recurring...like for months. Ugh, these dreams are just so annoying, and bordering creepy because why do I keep dreaming the same thing all the time? Or variations of the same thing? But, now I know. lol

12. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i don't know about that. i've been in the same job for longer than i've ever been in one job, so there is that. but it's a job full of change, and i've had a lot of unusual things going on in my out-of-work life lately.

work dreams were listed on the dream website, but i don't really think the answers it gave apply to me. it says that a work dream indicates that i've been slacking off at work or that i'm nervous about work, neither of which is true. it also mentions that dreams of past jobs (which i've also had lately) mean that i need to apply an old lesson to my current situation, but i can't think of any old lessons from those jobs that relate to my current situation at all.

13. Americunt

Americunt Corporate Hack

Maybe time to clear out some old "baggage"?

2 people like this.
  14. Americunt

Americunt Corporate Hack

My dreams were bland and uneventful for a couple of weeks lately, I think maybe I was just too tired from work to really remember them.

15. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

Maybe you're actually more preoccupied with something at work, than you consciously realize? Just guessing. I've found when I've had dreams about work, it wasn't because I was stressed at work or anything, but that I was spending more time thinking about it than I realized.

16. Total Darkness

Total Darkness 100% Cocoa

The dreams that have me waking up in a bit of confusion are dreams where i'm killing someone. Normally with a knife to an unknown person. And its a pretty common dream of me to have. Also i've noticed in my dreams is that its almost always dark. Its night, cloudy, or if there is light, the light happens to be dim. Not sure if it has any particular meaning. But it can also be that i watch a lot of horror and thriller movies at night, right before bed.

17. Americunt

Americunt Corporate Hack

It could very well be that. I have a lot of video game dreams.

Just a couple of thought for symbology though, maybe you're destroying something in private, or your subconscious is trying to get you to "kill" something. Context is important.

18. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

The other night I dreamt I moved into--or tried to move into--this really upscale black neighborhood. It was like the black version of Desperate Housewives. It was all these rich women with too much money and an abundance of free time. It was really strange. Anyway, they thought I was too low-class white trashy and put up a chainlink fence around their whole neighborhood to keep me out.

It was really bizarre.

19. Total Darkness

Total Darkness 100% Cocoa

Possibly. There is often an internal battle going on. A lot of it revolving around my fears. Also, who i am currently vs the type of person i wish to become.

The darkness that surrounds my dreams also occur in dreams where i'm happy. Which could represent the darkness that surrounds my dreams and passions in my waking life. Darkness meaning death, an end. I view my life as living in a bubble where my dreams have manifested into reality and at any moment this bubble could pop.

20. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i don't know, maybe? i'm always kind of preoccupied with work, and i'm not consciously aware of being more preoccupied now than usual, but it's possible.