Technology

Discussion in 'Ask The Old Hippies' started by Hakyrey, Aug 20, 2016.

1. Hakyrey

Hakyrey Visitor

What do you guys think about modern technology, like smartphones?

1 person likes this.
  2. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Fuck that shit...

3. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

"modern technology" could refer to so many different things, it's impossible to make a blanket statement on it.

smart phones specifically, are really an amazingly useful device. i took a while to jump on the smartphone bandwagon, and i kind of wish i had checked it out sooner.

4. Reverand JC

Reverand JC Willy Fuckin' Wonka

I think they're a necessary evil.

C/S,
    Rev J

5. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

well you need to do your history homework and learn that many of the big tech companies and computer related companies where started by "hippies" as well being very instrumental in designing/developing the internet we all use.

1 person likes this.
  6. themnax

themnax Senior Member

technology exists because being creative is what makes us human.
    the wrong technologies come into existence because our cultural priorities are fucked up.

i'd love to have a computer in my pocket if i only had to pay connect charges when i told it explicitly that i wanted to connect to the net,
    or call somebody, and it didn't cost me for some asshole calling me to try and sell me something.
    i wouldn't even mind have the capabilities of a real computer in my pocket that couldn't connect to anything unless i plugged something into it to do so.

currently i have NO phone, cellular, smart, or otherwise.
    i connect to the internet with a boat anchor that isn't going anywhere.

but serves as an art studio, and a limitless model railroad.
    two things that interest me orders of magnatude more more then the real life soap opera of 'connecting'.

you want technologies we'd be better off without: the automobile and the whole financial 'services industry'.