Teacher feed puppy to snapping turtle

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by unfocusedanakin, Mar 22, 2018.

1. deleted

deleted Visitor

one sick puppy.

2. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

OMG.....You said he should be hung from nearest tree. Didn't you? back peddling, are you? I noticed your comment was not called out. It just happened to be mine, once again......as that is just how it goes around here...

No, I don't value their lives over ours , either.....but I don't value ours over theirs, either...Everything has a right to live on this planet....one species of life is not better than the other...just different......Animals bleed, feel pain and everything and are just trying to survive the best way they can ...same as us.......

Some compassion and empathy towards all of them goes a long way in the grand sceme of things.

and it would not matter what deformed animal that teacher decided to feed the turtle.

Nature is indifferent enough...does not mean I have to be.

3. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

Back when our daughter was at veterinary college, she had the job of looking after Gordon Ramsay's 2 pigs. (he lives a few miles from us) The day before the barbecue program, the pigs were taken to the slaughter house. The self righteous idiot decided to take his 2 young boys to watch the pigs being slaughtered. Our daughter walked out and refused to ever speak to him again or have anything to do with the program where she was scheduled to appear.
    That was probably the moment that the harsh realities of working as a vet in the farming industry hit her. She lost all interest in her studies and was probably why she gave them up and joined the police force.

4. deleted

deleted Visitor

Hopefully under psychiatric care with no access to firearms..

5. Moonglow181

At the very least, that teacher should be fired. I would never go to another class of his. Would have walked out in tears even at age 3.

6. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

That I agree with. And I'm sure he traumatized some kids who have dogs that just gave birth to some puppies. The article says that kids and parents support him for this, which is pretty shocking. There's ways to feed the turtle that would have been so inhumane, such as pieces of raw chicken or fish brought from the store, or something like that. I only asked if you valued animal life over human life, that's all.

7. deleted

deleted Visitor

just so you know the Turtle was euthanized. a waste of some good soup meat ..

8. Moonglow181

^ That was not right, either. It was not the turtle's fault...doing what snapping turtles do.

If we are so high and mighty above all other species, we should know better, no?

There is always a choice.

unfocusedanakin and Eric! like this.
  9. Moonglow181

Ok, and I said no, I don't value our life over there's or vice versa, in case you did not get that....as I know sometimes people don't get anything the first time i say something.

10. Eric!

I know you said no, I was just reflecting

Moonglow181 likes this.
  11. Eric!

Ok....going to the butt thread for motivation now:)

Meliai likes this.
  12. Moonglow181

Fair enough. :)

13. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I dont think making your kids aware of how food arrives from a farm to your table is a bad thing. There isn't a difference in eating the meat of a slaughtered pig and watching it being slaughtered before you eat it except in one case you're consuming it in blind ignorance and the other you understand the cost of it a little better.

If every meat eater had to watch the process of how animals go from being alive on a farm to being prepared on their plate , the world may have more vegetarians

(I'm really just defending Chef Ramsey because I have a crush on him)

14. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I find myself pondering vegetarianism just after having sushi. I've tried being vegetarian, I think I even tried being vegan (otherwise I don't know what I would be doing with soy milk in the refrigerator at one point).

15. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

I don't see what is wrong with having to watch a live animal get eaten, even as a child (although the child should be old enough to process what is happening, so it doesn't traumatize them); it's a part of life, and if you aren't comfortable watching it, then you shouldn't contribute to the slaughter and consumption of animals.

16. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

Strangely enough, the long term event of the incident that I mentioned seemed to have more affect on our son than our daughter. A few weeks later when we were sitting down to our Sunday roast chicken, He remarked "oh look, we are all eating a dead bird". I don't think that anyone really enjoyed their dinner that evening. Within a few months he converted to a vegetarian diet and has never eaten meat since.

Our daughter was so upset about the pig incident because the pigs had been kept at Gordon Ramsay's home and the children had treated them as pets for the 12 weeks. Also, the youngest was about 7 at the time.
    I agree with what you say, but I doubt that you would have treated your children in such a heartless way..

17. Moonglow181

There goes someone worrying about my moral compass and what I can stand or not. Well, thank you.

I don't eat dead carcasses. I never went to a pig roast, nor would I. I have never watched an animal get slaughtered except for on the television, and I had to turn the channel and was upset for days. I do not have the tolerance to watch something like that.

I made my grandparents throw back a huge fish they caught once by screaming and crying until they threw it back when I was little.

I do eat fish, even though, I cannot stand to watch them get killed, either....but if i had to eat something out there in the wildenrness......I guess it would be fish.

I eat eggs....no problem with them, so i cannot call myself a full vegetarian.

18. deleted

deleted Visitor

good luck finding a fish in the desert.. :p

19. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

Hey, I am a vegetarian, too, Moon. And that was my point, I think. I find it strange when people cannot stomach the thought of an animal getting violently killed, and then they still eat animals. It seems so inauthentic.

20. Moonglow181

I have heard them get killed outside....Rabbits or something screaming.......coyotes killing something.....nature is indifferent, as i said before....hearing things really upsets me, too.