Teacher feed puppy to snapping turtle

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by unfocusedanakin, Mar 22, 2018.

1. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

The teacher felt this was OK because the puppy was deformed and likely to die anyway. I've kept reptiles I know there is a circle of life. Many of these animals eat other animals and to provide humane care for them you must give them another animal.

But it's really inappropriate and cruel to feed any pet you have live food. Many in the reptile community would agree with me. You can give your animal proper care and not do it. And to do it front of kids makes it even worse. You can teach the ways of the world without it. Dogs are respected pets in western culture. Many of those kids probably had one at home. :rage:'

An Idaho science teacher is under investigation after allegedly feeding a live puppy to a snapping turtle in front of students at his school.

An animal rights activist, Jill Parrish, filed a police report last week after hearing that the teacher, Robert Crosland, who works in Preston, a small city near the Utah border, fed the puppy to the reptile as students looked on, according to local media.

"What I have learned in the last four days is disgusting. It is sick. It is sick," Parrish told Salt Lake City TV station KSTU.

"Allowing children to watch an innocent baby puppy scream because it is being fed to an animal. That is violence. That is not OK," Parrish added. The animal reportedly was terminally ill.

Idaho teacher investigated after allegedly feeding live puppy to snapping turtle as students watched

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
    Deidre, Eric!, Asmodean and 2 others like this.
  2. deleted

deleted Visitor

I watched a snapper take out a full grown duck, right off the surface of the water..

This pretty sick to feed them a dog intentionally ..

Eric! likes this.
  3. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

That is pretty messed up.

Zookeepers won't even feed the carnivorous exhibit animals live meals; they're usually fed bits and pieces of meat.

Although.... I suppose it's common to see snake owners feed their boas live rats though.

Eric! likes this.
  4. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

I saw this on FB and it made me sick...and at the same time enraged me that this kind of jackass teaches children. WTH!!! Nobody should have to tell this educated idiot not to feel a puppy to a damn snapping turtle!!! I truly wonder what this USA is coming to. smh

I've missed seeing your posts Unan! (so good to see you)

Eric! likes this.
  5. Meliai

Meliai Banned

How disturbing for the kids who had to watch that

Eric! and Lynnbrown like this.
  6. deleted

deleted Visitor

Its stupid to give live animals to snakes. the animal is going to defend itself and the snake may get injured. see it all the time on vet shows.
    snap the neck of the rat, freeze them, boil them to simulate body heat .. snake isnt going to care ..

7. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

This wouldn't have happened if the kids (or puppy) had a gun.

8. deleted

deleted Visitor

9. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

[​IMG]

Orison likes this.
  10. 6-eyed shaman

True that. I've heard stories of rats fighting back

11. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

I'm more a cat person anyway

12. deleted

deleted Visitor

13. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Hands up, don't shoot?

Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
    Eric! likes this.
  14. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

15. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Why the hell does someone need a snapping turtle for a damn pet, is beyond me. I think feeding a helpless deformed puppy or any domestic animal to a reptile like this, is out of pure sick amusement. He should be hung from the highest tree....

wilsjane and hotwater like this.
  16. 6-eyed shaman

My 7th grade science class had a snapping turtle in a tank. It was a mean little fucker. Damn near took a kid's finger off trying to feed it veggies.

17. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

An eye for an eye is my motto. Feed the deformed thinking idiot to some hungry alligators or crocodiles and watch him scream...teaching the next serial killer seedling some more tricks, a hole?

18. deleted

deleted Visitor

killing a human being over a puppy dog? .. wow ..

19. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Yup, as i don';t value humans over other life.....That is how I feel.....and people who know me know that by now.

20. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

You value the lives of animals, insects, over the lives of human beings?