Support, advice, tips etc

Discussion in 'Hip Business Network' started by spinningtop, Mar 25, 2008.

1. spinningtop

spinningtop Member

Greetings everyone,
    I want to hear from others who work from home. Having recently quit a job in a small-ish company I am now working from home as a freelance contractor (graphic design). I have a few projects on the go right now and generally say I enjoy my work and I think I'm reasonably good at it. However I am experiencing some problems working from home.

I'm by myself in my office (which is the spare bedroom in my house - I can't afford to rent an office space although this is a goal for one day) all day and I'm lonely!! I really miss having colleagues around and I find my mind wandering a lot, hard to concentrate and stay focussed with no one around to keep an eye on me/be aware of what I'm doing.

Does anyone have any strategies for dealing with procrastination (I guess hanging out on HF is procrastination too, haha)? Currently I start each day at the same time, have a to-do list and try to have a routine, but if I get bored with what I'm doing, or get a mental block I seem to just waste a lot of time.

Any help or ideas you have is greatly appreciated! Thanks everyone.