Stupid People Smoke Pot

Discussion in 'Cannabis Activism' started by WishIWasAHippie, May 9, 2006.

1. WishIWasAHippie

WishIWasAHippie Senior Member

So I was talking to my good friend who's INCREDIBLY smart (He's our Valedictorian and his family is so smart they play wooden mind games at the breakfast table...yeah I know, weird.) and we were smoking a bowl, and he tells me, "No matter how much I know, you know more about pot than I know about any 3 or 4 topics combined...so I have a few questions"

So anyway, we continue to smoke and he asks me questions. Then we get around to theorizing that, "Pot doesn't make you stupid, Stupid people generally smoke pot."

Think about it, at school, you have your "dumb" kids, your "average" kids and your "honors" kids...well who generally smokes more pot? The "dumb" kids, with a pretty large percentage of the honors kids smoking as well...but not so much the "average" kids.

Well, say you're in health class, you learn everyday, "Don't do drugs, don't smoke pot." the "dumber" kids are going to rebel or smoke and get mixed up in shit like that for all the wrong reasons...and people are going to assume pot smokers are dumb because these "dumb" kids generally tend to smoke.

So we beginned to realize that the "dumb" kids smoke because they ignore their health class lessons, the average kids listen to the health class and don't look into the subject any farther and the honors kids sometimes will look deeper into the subject because they may be curious or whatever, and they begin to smoke.

So, does anyone else agree, that pot smoking doesn't make you dumb, but dumb people generally smoke pot?

(Also, this helps to explain why some people ruin their lives with pot...because they're already heading downhill and something fun like pot can cause them to lose the rest of their motivation and they already have a lower amount of will power when it comes to school work and such...so yeah...)

2. -Sir_Smoke_Alot-

-Sir_Smoke_Alot- Member

haha..your dumb :p

3. WishIWasAHippie

haha dammit, you figured out which demographic I fit into! Shit! ;)

4. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

I agree with that dude

you shouldn't try to generalize people who smoke pot
    the only things you will get that are common to all pot smokers is A) they are people B) they smoke pot

stupid people smoke, fat people smoke, skinny people smoke, smart people smoke, crackheads smoke, doctors smoke, conservatives smoke, liberals smoke, etc. etc.

5. WishIWasAHippie

I know you can't generalize, but you can state fact. And the facts show that people with lower grades smoke....so now I'm just explaining my theory that it's not the pot, but the people that make the grades.

If anything, it's breaking down the generalizations haha

6. Supermegaman

Supermegaman Member

well i guess im a dumbass

7. Duck

people that smoke tend to have lower grades in HIGHSCHOOL
    they also tend to have higher test scores in college

ALSO there are many other factors to consider, it may not be that stupid people are getting those lower grades, the majority could just be poorly motivated people

8. WishIWasAHippie

I understand your counterpoint, but that's what I meant by "dumb" people (As in, not what your actual intelligence is, but as in what your Principal would think of you...that's also why I said "honors" to include those book smart kids who are brain dead)

Also, I was stating that smarter people smoke as well.

And I think your college theory could connect actually with my high school theory...all the kids that smoke with the lower grades don't go on to college...yet, the kids that were "average" and didn't smoke because it was "bad" move on...yet so do the "AP stoners"...therefor creating a new system

I mean, of course you can sit around and go, "Well..." and "You shouldn't..." "If you look at it this way..." all day for any theory, I'm just stating, as far as the MAJORITY of people go...this theory proves true (As far as I know).

9. sniffmagikmarkrs

sniffmagikmarkrs Senior Member

yeah dude, you pretty much hit the nail with the hammer......but there are definitely honors kids that smoke too......i fit into the honors kids stoner group.... i smoke a bowl and then do calculus haha

10. silenceinc

silenceinc Member

it's not becoause you don't want to know shit they teach in school your dumb ... ask any sjaman from the preuvian rainforest a stupid quetsion from your first grad ebook - bet he won't know ... but ask him stuff about life - adn all the scienteist ego's will crumble underneath his wisdom ..

so yeah, if you didn't look at it this way - i guees you belong to your dumb category! :p ;)

11. Duck

but you don't know the majority of people, and even the ones that you do know, I'm sure you don't know many of these people in depth enough to make a fair assesment of them

12. Socratez

Socratez Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Hey people:

Ok, here is a follow-up. I was a stoner as a kid in high school... So were a few of my closest friends. We were heavy into shrooms and acid... and thought walking around -talking about how to make our lives better as more enjoyable than drinking with the jocks and acting stupid. People looked down at us for it - I guess they thought drinking, dancing to depesh mode, and acting preppy was a much better way to spend their lives. A few years later, my one buddy from HS who is now a doctor (Vet), the other one - who is a java developer, and me who teaches @ a university believes our lives were shaped by the hours of thinking and searching drugs coxed us into doing. Its actually sad when you run into the mindless followers that listened to the propaganda as kids, and see them slaving in factories, or looking for work at the age of 35. Now I'm not saying that drugs (esp the ones that stimulate thinking, such as weed and psycadelics) make people "smarter", but we all know its not a mystery that they can bring out things in people that normally may have been suppressed.. i.e. creativity, abstract thinking, and problem solving.

So, the thread says smoking weed makes you stupid.. how many other people who smoke weed here would say that its made their lives better...

I only cringe when I think of where my life would be today if it wasn’t for a few eye opening experiences on L.

Peace my friends.

13. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

ive been saying this for years but ppl never gave me shit for it. shouldnt be any different here. its clear that dumb people levitate toward weed in the teenage years. but i dont think the trend carries on completely. a think a lot of those dumb kids move onto harder shit, reform, or just get bored and in an effort to take control in their lives, stop smoking to trick themselves into thinking it makes them more articulate, though of course it probably is best for those people in the long run anyway.

i think as we move into adulthood, more opened up people can be found taking drugs and less retards. though i guess just growing up can do that to people anyway

14. MattInVegas

MattInVegas John Denver Mega-Fan

Please name those sources. I smoke, and have an IQ of 148.
    And in rhetoric, Dumb people smoke CRACK! :p

15. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

hah yes indeed, of course nothing in this arguement doesnt say that other drugs get just as much or more dumb people doing it.. its just that weed has a stereotype attatched which is based on reality. other drugs can reduce everyone to teh same dumb level but weed can make dumb people particularly dumb/confounded. it can also make smart people clumsy, but also can enhance people's mind of course. the problem here is that sober people do not take stoned people seriously and stoned people express their points different and make mistakes which are just.. forgotten about because its normal to make mistakes; but sober people always seem to make a point of the mistakes or blanks that stoners make and so they lose the sometimes very long and complex thought which was trying to be expressed.

though no one is without failure on weed. there is always gonna be a time when your stonedness just doesnt make crucial social or cultural assumptions leading to some sort of paradox of thought.

16. WishIWasAHippie

...Most of you seemed to have missed the point.

I'm NOT saying this from MY point of view...I'm giving an explanation as to why MOST teenagers that smoke have more TROUBLE in high school...THAT is a proven fact. You cannot deny that teenagers who smoke pot in high school have lower grades than those who do not...this does not mean that they are dumb...HENCE why I put it in quotes.

I also mentioned that there were plenty of HONORS smokers as well..NOTE HOW I STATED THAT.

I smoke pot...I am in all AP or Honors classes, my IQ is 140, I study philosophy, psychology and conspiracies in my spare time...I wouldn't consider myself dumb, and neither would my peers.

I'm simply stating that DUMB PEOPLE ARE MORE LIKELY TO SMOKE POT THAN SMART PEOPLE. Yet, I also stated that smart people can be likely to smoke pot as well because they look farther into the subject and they see past the propoganda.

For people who are accusing me of calling them dumb, and then claiming to be smart...you sure don't know how to READ.

Stonerbill, I thank you for understanding what I was stating.

Once again, my theory of Dumb People Smoke Pot DOES NOT...I REPEAT DOES NOT mean that all people that smoke pot are dumb...I was stating that dumb people are more prone to smoke pot...which makes people who do not smoke, assume that they became dumb AFTER smoking.

See, you're all agreeing with me...in different words.

17. questing400

questing400 Senior Member

No one else found this funny? It's hit the nail on the head. Of course you're going to hit it with a hammer...

18. peaceloveandshrooms

peaceloveandshrooms Member

I disagree that people with lower grades smoke weed. I think this is a funny opinion for you to have with the story that you began the thread with. I am also the valedictorian of my senior class. I am in classes with all the same people, the "IB" people, which is really just this program for people who decide they want to work their asses off in high school. Anyway, its supposed to be the really smart kids, the teachers treat us like we're some kind of elite- the point is: almost all of us smoke weed. We are the "smart kids" of the school according to our classmates, and we all smoke weed. So, I really have to think that not only "dumb" kids smoke weed.

19. peaceloveandshrooms

peaceloveandshrooms Member

I'm also kinda curious how you have proof that teenagers that smoke weed have more trouble in high school... ?

20. MellowFellow

MellowFellow Member

Not true. I was failing before i smoked weed haha