Stoned Festivus For The Rest of Us

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by rollingalong, Oct 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Our problems is viewable towards the end on the TV cameras because, I know the purple car got out of line to fall behind, but it's just not keeping up with the two cars in front, we cna do it for a lap but it inevitably gets bogged down somehow. I'm not sure if the lack of fresh air into the grill is suffocating the speed or what, boss doesn't seem too concerned.

Thursday night we will know for certain in our qualifying race. I think the guys want to start at the rear but I want to just see how I qualify and race up front. The reality is it doesn't matter how well the car drives because the likelihood of actually finishing is high odds.

I won the 200 mile race last year and then came 2nd in the 500, but it was just luck. The race I won, I was in the lead at the bottom and the guy in 2nd who actually is the purple car here, he got spun from 2nd and caused a 22 car wreck. So I only needed to beat about 15 clean cars and there were more wrecks through the race but I stayed out front and avoided it.

That's the thing. You're not safe anywhere. Not first, 2nd, 15th or 35th. If you see smoke, you either gotta hold the throttle and hope you make it through or get on the brakes and hope nobody runs in the back of you. Anyway I will show you when it happens.

2. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

If I can get the screen recording program to read my 3 screens it will be better, even if it has to be in wide-screen.

3. Pete's Draggin'

Pete's Draggin' Visitor

Live channel?
    8a3f98d2-1da3-49af-8144-a64c0a905aac_text.gif

McFuddy likes this.
  4. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I'm using YouTube. :p or you mean a live channel?
    I wouldn't do it live because my computer isn't fancy enough and I lose a lot of frame rate while racing. Losing framrate will be catastrophic at that track when in a pack.

Pete's Draggin' likes this.
  5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

My frame rate is about 50-60 in a pack which is fine, when it dips below 30 it becomes choppy and you end up with controller lag too. When I go live my frame rate is cut in half so if I did that I would most likely wreck the field lol.

Then they would make a meme like this about me. :tearsofjoy:

received_610790189359986.png

Orison and Pete's Draggin' like this.
  6. Pete's Draggin'

Pete's Draggin' Visitor

I guess that's why Odin created Dragon sponsorships....

Frigg approves......

Irminsul likes this.
  7. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

irm isnt there somewhere spectators can log o and just watch?....like a main site somewhere?....I saw people in the stands?...how did they get there? :)

Lynnbrown and Orison like this.
  8. deleted

deleted Visitor

guitar forum, cats that are worse players than I. .. gripes that Gretta Van Fleet is copying Zep. I dont care. A zillion jam bands copy the grateful dead and nobody bats an eye.. OF course those jam bands are not getting the fire pussy Gretta Van Fleet is reeling in .. so thats that..

rollingalong likes this.
  9. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

There is iRacing TV but I think you need a membership and then you also need the car + the track which costs money to spectate that race, unless iRacing broadcast it live which they can, but they generally prefer a league race which generates money from sponsorship, which we aren't big enough for. :p I've been in broadcasted races before, but the only people that watched it was the people racing after the race but it was fun hearing myself on the interview making the commentators laugh at my vocabulary.

Except for that cancer charity race we put on we had over 700 viewers and we made abut 765$ from people watching and donating for us. I think I came 4th in that race, I remember making a pass in the grass on the last lap and then I mentioned that in the interview and the Americans said oh you know about the pass in the grass? And I said I know all nascar moments. :p and then I said, the difference between mine and Earnhardts was I made it stick. :tearsofjoy:

Faelixx likes this.
  10. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

It’s true tho
    A lot of players talk a lot of shit online. Usually you can tell the ones who have no business doing so.
    There really isn’t ever a need for it. It’s aggravating. It’s like the musician version of dudes talking about their penis size. If they’re bragging, they’re probably full of shit.

Orison likes this.
  11. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

notice plant adds ''one''..led zep 1

Robert Plant on Greta Van Fleet: 'They are Led Zeppelin I'

Now the young Michigan band has received a blessing from rock's mountain top, winning the endorsement of Led Zep singer Robert Plant.

In an interview this week with Australia's Network Ten, the iconic front man promptly cited Greta Van Fleet when asked about up-and-coming bands he appreciates.

"They are Led Zeppelin I," Plant said.

Orison likes this.
  12. deleted

deleted Visitor

I swear my ears are still rigging from Gretta. I usually dont allow my ears to get that close to damage, but that dudes vocal range is beyond anything Ive ever heard live in my life. I I know how some dont like his vocals as hes screaming less lyrics and just whaling with the guitar solos. Soul singers used this effect. Everyone loves its.. I think its new to the ears to some.. I dont know. Why so much hate on gretta..

rollingalong likes this.
  13. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

I hope when you are old you remember this.

Tyrsonswood and Faelixx like this.
  14. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

I’ll probably have dementia and won’t remember a goddamn thing. :/
    Which sucks because I have a pretty good memory.

Sorry for the buzzkill folks!

15. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Kahne was/is a good driver, he just never took off like I thought. When he first came in he was 2nd like 3 races in a row rookie season he even had Ray Evernham which was Jeff Gordon chief that made him awesome and he still couldn't get it done and then he went to the best team and couldn't get it done. I don't think he's got a ride this year.

16. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

17. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Sometimes the best nights are sitting with friends talking about the past. I've always maintained a pretty enjoyable life, so reminiscent moment with friends are often good times.

"remember that night when.."
    I'll just smile at that right away, because I know the story is going to be a hoot. :D

Lynnbrown, eggsprog and Meliai like this.
  18. Are we now acting like Faelixx is a 15 year old kid, and Rolling is 80.
    She is an adult. So is he. She posted a funny pic.
    I've been called worse by the people who seem to take so much offense at a simple comment.
    So what.
    He gets to constantly insult her life choices and dating history, but can't handle a meme?
    If you gonna insult, be ready to get insulted.
    It's not that big of a deal.

*shrugs*

tumbling.dice, Faelixx and Asmodean like this.
  19. Can we all now stop eating popcorn maybe

20. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

this coming from some one who moved 30 feet in ten years...to the bedroom down the hall..

how was the 90s themed party?....90s were the past lol....at least ive had glory days

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.