Stoned Festivus For The Rest of Us

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by rollingalong, Oct 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm not in control of the haze, thankfully, anymore. My boss hired a separate girl for that (who has no idea what she's doing.) I hope he just sees through her that screens are going to get ripped and torn and that it isn't me doing a bad job.

I've done six or so color prints, so far, but like I say, we're only printing on like one hundred t-shirts. For customers. So it's not like printing banners where you have room for error. They don't even supply me with extra shirts in case I make a mistake. But so far I've managed to avoid any real lectures. I'm just not cut out for this, and I don't know what to do. i mean, I can get by, but I'm no expert. It's like I'm expected to be an expert, when I've only been a year on the job. And it's difficult. I'm just faking it. Mostly in hopes that I can make my boss approve of me. Maybe I'll be an expert someday, but right now I just feel like a huge disappointment. It really makes me sad.

2. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Initial thought: sweet, cheap hookers. :D

3. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

I'm a problem solver brother I've done thousands of 100 shirt jobs so if you are stuck on any question whatsoever please PM me I can give you my email you can even text me if you need to.... I still get invited to the textile printing show every year in Toronto occasionally I will attend for the free samples... Big part of printing is knowing which mesh to use for which fabric

Lynnbrown and Driftrue like this.
  4. deleted

deleted Visitor

40 isnt cold bro.. not for a plant .. maybe yinz cant leave things out til nov. but easy oct. let the nugs fill up. some the shit Ive brought indoor from outside nov. thick dank buds, not skinny end of summer bud. crystal covered goodness.

rollingalong likes this.
  5. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

6. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Yes fantastic album one of my favourites. :)

7. The whole operation isn't even that advanced. I'm using various meshes on various fabrics, and I can tell something isn't going right, and that's its for reasons beyond my control, but no one understands, because they don't understand that. i'm using a 110 screen on some kind of lush, silky fabric, and no one can tell that something's amiss except me. It's a miserable existence. They just keep writing "due ASAP" on all the shirts, and I have no time whatsoever to do anything correctly. And they mix shirts, too. Like, I'll have one screen that works fine on one kind of shirt, but then they will have another kind of shirt of the same print thrown in there. And then I get the blame if it doesn't turn out well.

My boss certainly wasn't an expert when he started screenprinting. He hired me to clean screens, but soon transitioned me onto printing the actual shirts. I do my best, but god damn it, I just can't get them all perfect. It's driving me absolutely nuts. Every morning at 8 AM I wake up and start printing shirts. Not to mention some of the boards are warped, so they don't all turn out that well. It's just fucking impossible. There's too much to explain and no one there to listen and understand. Oh, we don't have any rubber gloves...what difference does that make? Oh, a board is warped from the flash dryer...what difference does that make? Oh, I'm using a 110 screen on silk...what difference does that make? No one understands and no one cares.

No one has yelled at me yet, though, so I guess I'm doing passably well. Still no raise, though. I'm literally doing this all for nine dollars and fifty cents an hour. So, at this point, I'm just like, "Fuck it. They turn out well or they don't." And they can fire me if they want. Nine dollars and fifty fucking cents an hour, and I have to listen to "customer complaints." I'm sorry, but this is fucking absurd.

Lynnbrown and rollingalong like this.
  8. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Camping solar kit bought. :)

rollingalong likes this.
  9. deleted

deleted Visitor

Finally.. Now I can go to sleep: This in .. The Clintons manufactured Dorian to park it over Epstein's island for 36hours to destroy all the evidence.
    I knew there was a conspiracy somewhere..

rollingalong and hotwater like this.
  10. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Bloody clintons ay.

rollingalong likes this.
  11. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Well this heartburn just needs to fuck off.

rollingalong likes this.
  12. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

13. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

14. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Oktoberfest crews coming to stay in a couple of weeks. :D 3 weeks of party.

rollingalong likes this.
  15. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

what's a treat for you?

you're young. you may well be a shaman yet.

okay i keep mentioning this but i've decided i'm GOING to keep mentioning this until everyone uses these words correctly.
    you are not jealous, you are envious.

16. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

17. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Rofl.

FB_IMG_1567496224728.jpg

Lynnbrown and rollingalong like this.
  18. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

a treat for me is something that I have not already been smoking for a month LOL in other words not my own weed..... It doesn't matter how good the dope is because after a while you just need to change it up.... I also picked up a $15 package of gummies they have 150 mg of THC distillate in total......

I saw they have new gummies on the shelf with 1000mg of distillate and they are $65 maybe next time

eggsprog and Driftrue like this.
  19. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

Yes I agree.

I wish the UK would hurry up and have all these exciting things like gummies.

Lynnbrown and morrow like this.
  20. quark

quark Parts Unknown

I paid $55 for a half quarter at one of the legal dispensaries while I was back home (expecting it to be heavy shit).

Was the definition of mediocre weed, at best. The shit I get here is better, which is so fucking sad I could cry. (half the regular street price back home, too)

There's an illegal one in 905 running out of a used record/VHS/comic book store. Basically two guys just set up a room and have their old collectible shit on the walls as a front to sell stuff. Good price, too.

Fuck the government.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
    rollingalong likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.