State Your Unpopular Opinions

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Fluffernutter, Jul 11, 2009.

1. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Hitler_Goering_Goebbels_Hess_The_Desperate_Years_p143_-_NARA_-_196509_img.jpg
    This giving you a boner?

2. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

I agree that there is a grain of truth in the opinion--essentially "social media has negative effects." It is more than an opinion (it's a fact) that social media can be detrimental to mental health, but to say that it is worse than an opiate addiction seems rather extreme. By what measure is it worse than opiates?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2018
    guerillabedlam likes this.
  3. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

We're making a concerted effort to derail this thread. Good teamwork!

*high five*

4. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

I don't care for The Beatles either. I don't think they suck or anything, just not my scene.

5. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Actually it’s making me wet! Where’s my vibrator?!

6. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

:tearsofjoy: You're a sick fuck, you know that? :tearsofjoy:

7. 6-eyed shaman

*puts on the serious hat*

Let me be clear to everyone that I think fascist groups like the Nazis are awful. I just think that one redeemable quality was their ability to dress nice.

A measure of exaggeration to an extent.

The app designers for social media apps on smartphones designed the swipe-down feature for more posts and tweets was designed to emulate pulling the handle down on a slot machine. Will the user get: a funny meme? a picture from friends? an ad? a new youtube video? Or what?

So maybe it would've been more accurate to compare social media addictions to gambling problems, rather than opium.

8. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

This thread was designed to state your unpopular position and you’ve done so in grandiose style.

In truth the Nazi uniforms were badass, the U-Boat (or Unterseeboot) sunk nearly 3000 allied ships, The Messerschmitt 109 fighter was the Luftwaffe’s most deadly weapon,
    and the Tiger Tank was unmatched.

9. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Problem with the Tiger and pretty much every armed German vehicle was the rediculous high fuel consumption, wheras the T-34 and Sherman could be taken out easily with one hit, but they could also go like 10x the distance.

There's a documentary with a German and American tank drivers and I think they had actually met in battle and the American said we 3 Sherman's gunning at this one Tiger and every round bounced off the thing and the Tiger just sat there and BOOM, there goes one Sherman. They kept firing, the rounds kept bouncing. The guy said we were just waiting for our turn. The turret turned to the next Sherman BOOM there it goes and then slowly turned to the remaining Sherman and BOOM there that went.

With the armour the German vehicles had, the diesel engines just chewed through fuel to get them going.

10. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

So much for the Grand Mufti the Fuhrer’s Muslim Ally

11. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Funny you even mention that, nobody wants to acknowledge the Muslims who fought for the Waffen-SS ;)

hotwater likes this.
  12. la Principessa

la Principessa Old School HF Member

I think all babies basically look the same and I think it's stupid when people get a portrait of their baby tattooed on them.

Irminsul likes this.
  13. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

14. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Heil! Take me to your Pizza!

15. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

16. lordpnut

lordpnut Members

Jap and European motorcycles are cheaper, more reliable, and - unless you're burning nitromethane - outperform Harleys.

17. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

that's only an unpopular opinion on this site. in the real world, people love being able to just scan their shit and go, rather than waiting forever for a barely competent cashier to nose through all their stuff. also in the real world, someone works at the self checkout anyway so real world people know that it's not stealing anyone's job.

i didn't realize that people were going around tattooing baby pictures on themselves, but i agree completely, pretty much every human is identical for the first few months at least. i never understand when people say "oh that's such a cute baby." yeah, it is cute; it's exactly as cute as every other baby ever.

also, they don't force everyone within a two mile radius to stop their conversation until the annoying roar has passed.

Irminsul likes this.
  18. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I can't stand Harley's. Bunch of tool beaters ride them. :p

19. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

It does though, at least for places like Walmart and Target. There is one person looking over several self-checkout machines where there used to be about as many cashiers at checkout lanes. When I go to one of those places now, pretty much all the checkout lanes are closed, just booths not really serving much purpose aside for maybe during the holidays.

20. 6-eyed shaman

Self checkout always confuses me when I'm buying produce, or any food item that has no bar code.