State Your Unpopular Opinions

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Fluffernutter, Jul 11, 2009.

1. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Only shit cunts eat pizza without pineapple. :innocent:

2. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Damn it!!!

After everything I just said, I want to agree with this. Hard.

3. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Hmmmmm let me guess...lol...

i.e. Hitler was a great leader because….

He singlehandedly eliminated Homelessness in Germany (by rounding up the homeless and placing them in labor camps)

He eliminated mental illness throughout Germany (by injecting mentally ill patients at state run psychiatric hospitals with Phenol)

He eliminated the problem of the Handicap (by euthanizing all physically handicapped Adults & Children)

He eliminated the problem of antisemitism (at the source, by exterminating the Jews)

He gave a boost to German manufacturing and textiles by providing them with human hair (which is versatile and can be used in the production of many useful items)

4. Noserider

5. themnax

themnax Senior Member

greatness is the most useless form of ego gratification.

6. themnax

themnax Senior Member

the universe is not the least bit disturbed by humans not being the center of it.

if you were created in the image of a god, you would have pointy ears and a fluffy tail,

that or what a large raindrop would look like in the absence of gravity.

if you were visible at all, which you wouldn't be unless you chose to be.

7. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

She knows I'm just messing around with her...

8. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I'm pretty sure I've never said, well I think I know what I've said.. I'm pretty sure I never said I agreed with anything he'd done, I've only said I respected the guy for trying to correct the wrongs he saw in life. Whether those wrongs we right or wrong, mostly always wrong, he dedicated his whole life, and was going to give his life for what he believed in. I mean walking hand in hand straight into a mob knowing fully aware he was going to be shot at, which would take guts in any case. Front row, marched into gun fire.

And I always use that argument, that while most folks today whinge and complain on social media, that's not going to get respect from me. You gotta go out and make a difference. Actually do something. That's respect for me. And that's what he did. Although it was criminal and totally wrong.

That's another unpopular opinion. :p but I'm sort of like that, there's many instances where I don't like someone for what they did etc. But I look up to them, in a way I guess.. Hard to explain. I'm not going to knock anyone for making a difference. Unless that motherfucker don't use pineapple on pizza. :p

I should probably delete that before I'm mercilessly critisized, but then again, it's that pointless criticism from folks on a keyboard that I'm arguing against in the first place and they always seem to get pissy over Hitler.

Robin Hood would be another great example of mine, a hero to many, not sure if he existed, but he was a criminal too who sought to correct the wrongs dealt in life. He had to steal and kill people to make that difference as well. For just as many arguments you can make for Addy benefit to Germany, I can list a whole lotta others that were a demise to the country too, such as his fantastic view before WW2 knowing that a 2 front war was the cost in WW1 and he knew this, so he made a 4 front war and went against everything he believed in. Total loss of respect. :D

And for the record I have respect for everyone that went against him for what they believed in too. Determination and follow through are two highly prized characteristics I enjoy, even if they often have their pitfalls lol.

For me personally I don't wanna be that person that has an opinion and wants change but sits and does nothing. I want to be the person that says, no.. DOES something about it. Kinda of like the determination I had when I wanted to make top 100 state in pool I just kept fighting and learning, I didn't throw my hands up and say ah well they're better than me. I fought and fought and fought and lost and lost and lost and I came back stronger and more wise and all of a sudden I was competing against them, and a few months later I was beating them.

Last edited: May 15, 2018
  9. themnax

themnax Senior Member

while courage is almost always admirable, without logic and consideration, the changes its makes, are more often then not, for the worse and not the better.
    not to take away what it is, but the devaluation of consideration is the path to tyranny.

10. Monkey Boy

Monkey Boy Senior Member

Subsistence farmers are better off, because they have more time to do what they want.

11. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Most people expect too much from life in a material sense and complain about everything. I find many people arrogant , overly opinionated about things they know nothing and just plain rude. Maybe I am showing the same qualities I am criticizing here. In some ways I am a contradiction in terms, although I try to avoid being a parody of myself. I don't want a big house, a car or children. All I ask is to be left alone to live in relative peace. I choose to live a life where my responsibilities are few, such that I minimize my stress and worry. For this I pay a price, but it's bloody worth it mate.

themnax and Noserider like this.
  12. TrumpCards

TrumpCards Visitor

Marijuana is a far more serious drug than most everyone thinks. And the harder drugs after mj are also very bad.

Even though I’m firmly on the left of most every issue, I believe mj should be illegal. What they should do if you are caught with any of the illegal drugs, you should be forced to live in a drug rehab place for two weeks. After you’re released, if you get caught again, then you go to jail. Also, drug dealers should be penalized more.

Another thought I’ve had: it’s better to try and fail miserably instead of being conservative.

13. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

I'm a Conservative left-winger. Nobody gets me. I find it hard to follow the party line on all the pc issues. I can't stand group-think. I really do wish the best for everyone, but find it hard to profess Universal brotherly love for everyone on the entire planet, which seems to be a requirement now. Hardly anyone gives a fuck about me, but that's the way I like it to be honest.

Last edited: May 15, 2018
  14. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I'm all about brotherly love in theory
    In practice i really just hate most people

Ged likes this.
  15. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Maybe if the farmers didn't buy new trucks and tractors year in, year out, they wouldn't have to complain about lack of money and funding.

16. Noserider

My dad was a farmer after his days as a cop.

I think trucks and tractors was the whole appeal for him. I just liked having cows :)

17. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

It's something I've heard my uncle say a thousand times lol. He has zero tolerance for the other farms around him that buy new gear when it's not necessary.

18. themnax

themnax Senior Member

people who assume they are better off then other people because they are more ambitious, aggressive, or whatever, are idiots.

the universe isn't out to get you: stop kicking yourself in your own ass by hating logic and devaluing consideration.

there really are people out to get each and every last one of us.
    whatever position you take on anything, even if you try to take the position of not taking a position, there will always be someone who hates that position that much.

still not an excuse for devaluing consideration.

everything you want is up to you, what you want, what you don't.
    everything you believe is up to you, what you believe, what you don't.
    but whatever you want or believe, what aggressiveness creates, is tyranny and not freedom.

i know i know, epicness is entertaining, but it still fucks up everything,
    and in real life, frequently results in painful and not very entertaining death, dismemberment and mutilation.

excitement is a damd poor substitute for anything gratifyingly interesting.

insecurity IS universal. insecurity, not evil nor suffering.

the majority isn't always right. this does not make it logical to ignore.

it is always possible to get in trouble for the wrong reasons as well as the right ones.

it makes sense to avoid getting into trouble.

logic consideration and honesty aren't because some book says they're the nice thing to do. they're how things work.

the christian bible has nothing to do with any god, though there might also be a billion gods, or one or something else entirely, none of which having anything to do with it.
    nor with the koran, or any other religious book.

no need exists for anything to be infallible, micro manage, make war on anything, nor have the slightest desire to be feared.

sometimes you do have to let yourself get angry in order to be heard.
    it still isn't good for your health, nor make you happy.

strangeness is sacred.
    it is a good thing not a bad one.
    it is the root of all beauty.
    it is safer then the assumed safety of familiarity.
    (not that anything ever completely is)

love and peace are very good things.
    but love does not always create peace.
    consideration does. freedom also.

Last edited: May 16, 2018
  19. Total Darkness

Total Darkness 100% Cocoa

And laughter. :)

Noserider likes this.
  20. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

Political correctness is making America weak