Star Wars: The Last Jedi’

Discussion in 'New Movies' started by hotwater, Dec 17, 2017.

1. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Well to begin with their costumes looked like they were store-bought,

Seriously even as a 8 year old kid when my parents took me to Return of the Jedi I was critical of the costumes

2. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Blue haze thing over him, just assumed CGI

BeatinFeet69 likes this.
  3. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

That was just because Yoda was a pothead.

4. hotwater

[​IMG]

5. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Lol Never distracted me.

Last time i saw this movie (on bluray) i never once thought Watto or Sebulba looked like cartoons. And i don't recall i thought so earlier. Could it be its just you.

McFuddy likes this.
  6. Asmodean

Meh.

Sounds like you had a fixed expectation and Anakin wasn't like that and now the prequels suck :p

7. If only that were the reason the prequels suck. Yes, the CGI was awful. The costumes were atrocious. The scenes, well...

And it goes on and on. The whole thing really was like a giant cartoon. The only thing I did like about the prequels were the Darth Maul scenes.

Me after seeing the prequels:

8. hotwater

The funny thing is the most evil villain in the entire Star Wars saga (and the most annoying) turned out to be Jar Jar Binks because it was binks
    who went before the imperial Senate and asked them to grant Palpatine emergency powers.

pensfan13 likes this.
  9. hotwater

10. hotwater

According to a new report, Lucasfilm has started working on Obi-Wan Kenobi's long-rumored spinoff movie with work starting on concept art, props and storyboards.

The plan apparently is for filming to take place in London's Pinewood Studios after work on Episode IX wraps up later this year

[​IMG]

11. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Fuck yeak, now thats the spin off I want.

But I want Ewan Mcgregor, prequels were shit, but Ewan eas the one redeeming positive, especially his look in revenge of the sith. Its got to have yoda too.

Id be surprised if they didnt cast McGreogor, unless its some Obi wan as a teen thing which would give me the shits

12. Asmodean

Help us, Obi-Wan! You're our only hope!

13. hotwater

Ewan McGregor would seem to be the logical choice.

This new movie however will have to do without the services of John Williams who is expected to retire after writing the score for Episode IX.
    which in understandable considering the fact that he’s 86 years old.

14. hotwater

General Kenobi. Years ago you served my father in the Clone Wars. Now he begs you to help him in his struggle against the Empire. I regret that I am unable to present my father's request to you in person, but my ship has fallen under attack, and I'm afraid my mission to bring you to Alderaan has failed. I have placed information vital to the survival of the Rebellion into the memory systems of this R2 unit. My father will know how to retrieve it. You must see this droid safely delivered to him on Alderaan. This is our most desperate hour. Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi. You're my only hope.

15. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Ennio Morricone for a Star Wars soundtrack eh, that would be cool

16. hotwater

Ennio Morricone was willing to come out of semi-retirement to write the soundtrack for the Quentin Tarantino's The Hateful Eight - so just maybe he might do it for Lucas?

Lalo Schifrin would also be a good choice but he’s also semi-retired and really getting up there in age

Last edited: May 13, 2018
  17. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Let's see what happened just before she recorded that... Some of the most badass shit in Star Wars

hotwater likes this.
  18. God I love that scene. That Vader scene in Rogue One...fuck, it beats the ending of ROTJ. So much kick ass.

19. I always hoped growing up that the Clone Wars were some wars where you couldn't discern who was the real person from the fake person, so needless to say I was pretty disappointed that it was just a big army of the same person. Don't you hate it when what you imagine is cooler than what you get?

20. Asmodean

I thought it was cool enough. Especially with the Fetts connected to it! Those scenes on Kamino are among my favs :)
    Your idea is not bad but it would depend entirely on the details in the end if its cooler than what we got.