Spicey Cat's DMT Teks

Discussion in 'DMT' started by Spicey Cat, Nov 1, 2010.

1. shermin

shermin Bazooka Tooth

very well written stb tek!

you're suggestion to have more jars than you think are necessary is EXTREMELY good advise, as this has annoyed me in the past

+KARMA

2. Spicey Cat

Spicey Cat DMT Witch (says husband)

Not sure, but I'll bet it will be A LOT more expensive than going to a hardware or paint store and picking up a quart or gallon of VM & P naptha.

3. abouttoblow

abouttoblow Guest

i am thinking of undertaking a tek, however i had one question. i cannot get MHRB in Aus,
    so in this, and other teks i find, shall i proceed to completely replace mhrb with my acacia bark? and leave the tek the same?

or do i need a specific tek based on our Aus tree.
    thanks for help

4. taylor169

taylor169 Guest

What's the yield/100g MHRB on this thing?

5. metalguitarist420

metalguitarist420 Member

Between .65g and 2.8g (650 mg and 2800 mg).

You should not expect the lowest or the highest amount. You'll probably end up with around 1-1.5g of DMT per 100g of Mimosa Hostilis. However, you may be unlucky and end up with less than a gram. Maybe you'll be really lucky and end up with more than 2 grams. The yield varies from extraction to extraction.

6. Spicey Cat

abouttoblow,

You need a specific tek for acacia. I have never heard of anyone getting freebase DMT from acacia but I am assuming it is possible, somehow. I have heard of acacia being used in changa but that is something else entirely.

taylor169,

My yields vary, though lately I've consistently been achieving 1.4-1.5%. I have gotten as low as 0.6% and as high as 1.8%.

7. skyboy877

skyboy877 Member

this is awesome

8. Spicey Cat

9. PassionateChemist

PassionateChemist Member

Heey Spicey thanks for all the info!
    Although I am curious; Why not use Coleman fuel?

EDIT: Nevermind! Note to self: first read all the posts before posting D:

New question!
    Can I use terpentine as a nonpolar solvent?
    Other contents:
    1,2,4-trimethylbenzeen (ca. 4%)
    xyleen (ca. 1%)
    benzene (less than 0,1%)

10. Spicey Cat

Again, not being a chemist, I've gotta claim ignorance here. BUT, if you mean the same product sold in hardware and paint stores called Tolual or Toluene, then it is a go, but I hate it because it smells almost as bad as Xylene. Also, in my limited experience, I'd say expect a full-spectrum, "jungle spice" pull from this rather than the white or off white freebase crystals that result from naptha or heptane.

11. deleted

deleted Visitor

Toluene = ear wax

12. Dancing til Dawn

Dancing til Dawn Senior Member

have you heard about organic orange oil for extraction ? ......

13. PassionateChemist

PassionateChemist Member

Thanks for your answer. I did however already managed a pull out of the MHRB. This was the result:
    http://img861.imageshack.us/i/foto0204.jpg/
    I didn't have a correct weighing device, it could only measure on 1 gram. It said it was 1 gram, but having a large margin all I can say it is between 0.5 gram and 1.5, with the likelihood of being between 0.5 and 1.0, since it only just jumped from 0 to 1 after putting on the last teaspoon of DMT.

14. saosis

saosis Member

hello!

Is it going to work if I let the naphta to evaporate instead of freezing it? Am I going to get the dmt cristals? And how long will it take to completely evaporate the naphta?

Thanks!

15. PassionateChemist

PassionateChemist Member

Yes you will, but freezing is way more easier and safer(No nafta vapor = no threat for explosions). The time it will take depends on several factors. The pressure above the liquid, the temperature and surface area for example. You need a low pressure, a high (but not too high) temperature and a big surface area. You can put it in the sun while holding a fan next to it(to lower the pressure), preferably on a big plate(large surface area = more molecules will be able to evaporate easier). It will take some hours I think.

16. saosis

saosis Member

ok, thanks a lot!

also, i have some questions:

1.can i use (instead of Naphta) petroleum ether?

2.what happens if my feezer isnt strong enough? will my dmt cristals form after a longer time or they wont form at all?

3.what is the best amount of water for 100g of mimosa? (850mL like spicey cat sais or 1500mL like i read on erowid http://www.erowid.org/plants/mimosa/mimosa_chemistry1.shtml ). The same question for pertoleum ether (40 mL or 100mL?)

17. Spicey Cat

PassionateChemist - your DMT is gorgeous!

saois - evaporation is fine, but best is to pre-evap about 50% then freeze precipitate. After that, I do evap the final amount, just in case anything is missed. I usually get anywhere from nothing to a few oily spots.

Dancing til Dawn D-limonene (orange oil) is legit as an NPS (non polar solvent) and will pull DMT. Please get d-limonene that is pure rather than some household cleaner with a bunch of other perfumes and crap. But, D-limo will yield full spectrum goo - you will not be able to get freebase crystals without additional chemistry.

saois - I'm no solvent expert, but any non-polar solvent is legit for this tek. As I understand it nps is important as is purity. Do a spot test - put a single small drop on a piece of clean glass or mirror and let it dry without a fan. Is there a residue? IF no, you are good to go. If yes, there is a residue, please don't use that to extract DMT.

18. PinataPete

PinataPete Member

Thanks for the share; the help was needed

Happy journeys, Spicey Cat (diggin' the name & sig btw)!

19. shermin

shermin Bazooka Tooth

one of these days i think i'll revise an entire A/b tek for this site...it's really not hard

20. Dancing til Dawn

Dancing til Dawn Senior Member

I have never extracted if I did it would never be with dirty solvents- lovely to have someone here with your level of understanding! :2thumbsup: