Space Cadet Stoned

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by PunchDrunkKitten, Jul 9, 2016.

1. PunchDrunkKitten

PunchDrunkKitten borne on the fm waves of a broken heart

I've often heard, and in practical application seen a lot of stoners characterized by forgetfulness susceptibility to distractions and general spaciness comparable to the attention span of a goldfish. It's a token stereotype of stoners, and in my age range - late teens through mid twenties twenties - it's painfully accurate at least 90% of the time in my area amongst the people.

I admit, i myself can easily lose my train of thought when being active while high - mostly, i suppose because i only smoke indicas as sativa gives me headaches/nausea - but it comes right back within 90 seconds typically. I don't understand the space cadet goldfish brain stoner thing..

2. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

so what are you asking? you understand the stereotype because it's commonly true, but you don't understand why it's commonly true because it doesn't happen to you?

there's always exceptions, but obviously smoking a lot of weed does have a tendency to impair memory and attention spans.

in the past i've been both an occasional smoker and a heavy smoker. as an occasional smoker, being high would generally make me extremely attentive to one particular subject. so, for example, i was great at video games when high because my focus on the game was greater than it ever would be naturally. but, when i was a heavy smoker i was definitely more toward the spacey forgetful side of things (although not nearly to the extent of the stereotype of course).

3. PunchDrunkKitten

I guess my quandry here lies in why its so commonly true except in my case - at least as far as I've been exposed to.

I've been a habitual smoker for six years, and can at least keep pace with career stoners in terms of bud. Hashes and concentrates don't make me any spacier, just nauseous.

Perhaps, its something to do with my conditioning. The only other exception I've toked with is my long time smoking partner and father. Until i left home a year ago, we smoked together every day almost every session and he's the only other "fully functional" stoner i know.

4. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

5 more cones than you maybe?

5. PunchDrunkKitten

You really love the sound of your internal monologue, huh?

6. EricForman

EricForman Mellow Fellow & Jedi Knight

Absolutely. Someone ought to bring a tape recorder and record conversations. When my friends and I are all baked we come up with some hilarious stuff. The problem arises that the next day we cannot for the life of us remember what it was we said that made us laugh.

7. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Yeah well the jokes on them because if I have the brain of a goldfish then jokes on them because if I have a brain of a goldfish then the jokes on them because if I have a brain of a goldfish then the jokes on them

8. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

It is not a coincidence that the US space program began around the same time as the cultural revolution. Contrary to what everyone has been told to believe, LSD was introduced to the NSA when the first aliens landed at area 51, and insisted the US needs more space cadets. The effects of marijuana include confusing communication across the corpus colosum and destroying short term memory, but all of these can be compared to its mild psychotropic effects in the stochastic processing centers of the brain where LSD also does it thing. Within the next few decades, the aliens intend to return and harvest space cadets who will journey in silver spaceships to their new home in the sun.

9. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

you must be better than us space cadets

10. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

Higher, faster, further baby! Way far out, where Frank Zappa dare not go...

Nitocris likes this.
  11. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

well known zappa didnt do drugs

Orison likes this.
  13. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I liked the OP.
    There's been some cool chicks over the years but they never stay long.