Smashing Pumpkins Reunion pt2

Discussion in 'Music' started by fundoo, Feb 15, 2018.

1. fundoo

fundoo Members

2. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Cool did not hear about this. If it's original lineup or close to it I am interested.

3. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

I'm a casual fan. I know all their popular songs, and I still listen to them. 1979 is always in heavy rotation on my playlists.

Anyway, I'd be down to check out a reunion concert.

fundoo likes this.
  4. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

Same. Cool avatar!

My favorite is "Siamese Dream", but the only one I have right now is "Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness" in my car. It's got some serious music on it, like the intro to disc 1 and they use some techniques like from electronica and stuff. yeah. Pretty cool.

fundoo likes this.
  5. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

i loved their landslide cover

other than that they just remind me of college..i remember when they came to town and a few students overdid it at an after concert party and were like walking zombies the next day

6. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Billy Corgan

Is now a poor man

He needs to reform the band

To make a coupla hundred grand

You can bet the tour

Will be a bore

7. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I've been listening to Melancholy and the Infinite Sadness a little here and there lately. There are some songs that make me feel so nostalgic I just want to cry.

I dont know if I would see them live though, ticket prices will probably be ridiculous and Billy Corgan is sort of annoying

Cool story though, I bought my friend Siamese Dreams on vinyl when we were teenagers for $15 or so and the other day he texted me a link to the same album on sale on eBay for almost 200 bucks

Ged likes this.
  8. fundoo

fundoo Members

yep! No D'arcy though

9. fundoo

fundoo Members

this is funny. I'm thinking , "ah, you're so old!" lol but kidding of course. Thing is, it probably is more the generation of those in their 30s, like myself, that are the major part of the fandom, although I have met a few others in their 40s. I kinda have taken a liking to the FB group fandoms because there are a lot of folks my age and the nostalgia and stuff is pretty nice, as opposed to some other fandoms I'm a part of (teens and twenty somethings. I feel like an old fart! lol)

10. fundoo

fundoo Members

I should have just done a multiquote. whoops! I saw a price quote today, twas a range of like 39USD-149USD. Something like that. So, decent prices all things considered. I'm excited, but at the same time, I'm not sure if I'll actually be able to go. I think it'd be pretty cool though, especially since they'll be performing the first five albums, which are my most listened to too.

11. Noserider

Oh, thank God. I'm so happy to know I'm not the only one who cries over stuff like this.

fundoo likes this.
  12. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

It's actually "Melon Collie". I wasn't going to mention it but I thought you would want someone to say something. :)

fundoo likes this.
  13. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Oh so you too huh? Sometimes I put on music I know will make me emotional because I want to have a good cry

Oops. I knew that ;)

soulcompromise likes this.
  14. Noserider

Oh yeah, totally. Apparently, we're kindred spirits.

But I cry at everything though. Movies, songs, waves, basketball, car commercials--everything. I'm a big softy for anything that attempts to manipulate my emotions.

People in my life think I'm insane. My mom thinks I should be on Prozac. Maybe she's right. I cry at movies like Bad Moms.

15. fundoo

fundoo Members

This post makes me cry, cuz it's real! <3

But specifically on topic, I had a dream I went to a show and I was balling at some of these songs and I was like trying to hide my tears but my dad saw me (I've been going to shows with my folks lately so not very weird he was there, but still a little because we didn't go to shows together like this in those days. Anyway...) yeah, it was weird, but I had a good cry and Billy was even looking at me too, I think that's why, plus sentimentality. :p

16. fundoo

fundoo Members

New songs announced ?yesterday? I think. Like ten or so, so we might get a new album too! :D