sleeping naked

Discussion in 'Bare It! Nudism and Naturism' started by zinka, Apr 9, 2005.

1. Helen86

Helen86 Members

I sleep nude unless it's too cold to do so. Right now I'm definitely sleeping naked!

Iceshadows likes this.
  2. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

It's all a matter of what you get used to. I have always slept naked, but when Jane and I were first married I thought that she was preparing for an arctic expedition.
    It was simply having lived all her life in a cold wet country with a leaking roof.
    The first time that I stayed at her home, when she started covering the bed with raincoats after preparing it, I started wondering what she had in mind for the nights entertainment, but when the rain started (as it does every night on the west coast of Ireland), I soon saw her logic..

3. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

TrudginAcrossTheTundra Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Hahahaha good one!
    "Hang on honey, it's gonna be a WET one!!!"

wilsjane likes this.
  4. wilsjane

It would probably have frozen up. The guest room was little more than a shed.
    It must be the only time that I have woken up in the morning, spotted a few rays of sunshine and gone out into the garden to get warm. Looking up at the ice on the roof, it was a miracle that it did not collapse.
    Even today in London, we never leave the heating on overnight and when we are staying with friends, we have to open the bedroom windows in order to sleep properly.
    The thought of a holiday in the tropics fills me with dread, I would dream that I had died and ended up in hell.

5. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Sleep Naked ALL YEAR ROUND......Have Done For 50 Years......I Like To Sleep Cold......House

Is Centrally Heated To 18c.....I Have No Electric Blanket......Only Cotton Sheets.....And One

Thin Blanket......Great Nights Sleep......And I Don't Overheat Like Some Of Our Members Here Do.

The Only Thing I Am Concerned About Is If I Ever Have Go To Hospital, Where Despite The

Fact That The Building Is Heated You Have To Wear Jammies And At Least 2 Blankies

On The Bed......Methinks GLEN Would Melt...... :D

Cheers Glen.

6. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

Hehehe that's funny.
    I've slept in the tropics and near the equator and loved it. Open windows, a temperate breeze, a sheet, no ropa...
    In Cuba they were like, don't you want to use the AC? I'm like, noooo, it's just fine with the windows open and the fan blowing...
    It's the cold which I don't get along with. I would dream I died and went to hell, and it had frozen over! ;)

7. RainyDayHype

RainyDayHype flower power Lifetime Supporter

I used to always sleep naked then I started thinking about ..what if house burned down ,or there was an energency and I would need to run out naked? I sleep spaingly naked now or keep a coat nearby..

8. wilsjane

We turn our heating off overnight and when we are out. Our thermostats are set at 18c in the lounge and dining room and 12c in the bedrooms which keeps them dry and free from condensation. Needless to say, we have a winter quilt.
    The secret to keeping a house dry is using heat at sunrise for a few hours. This prevents the interior ever being colder than the air outside, which is the point that condensation saturates the structure.
    If we are away in severe winter, we time the heating from 7 to 9 am and leave an override thermostat set to 5c.

9. wilsjane

You can see from my last reply to Glen how we regard a hot house, so I am sure that if you visited London you would keep well away from Wimbledon. I suppose you could always sleep down the road in the stables with the horses. They are warm, but the hay in the UK makes them fart a lot. :yum::yum::yum: .

10. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

I just keep a pair of shorts within reach. I'm not going to be embarrassed if I have to make an emergency exit naked anyway. Cold would be my concern...

11. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

Hehehe okay. I like my house 75° to 78° throughout year round. Can't afford to do that in the wintertime though. But it's nice and toasty in the vicinity of the woodstove. Our winters are much colder here than yours. Most people's problem is air too dry inside. It takes an exceptionally well sealed home to build up enough humidity inside to where it condenses on windows or doors. I've never seen walls cold enough to cause condensation. There's virtually no water in the outdoor air below freezing so the humidity indoors is a result of habitation. (And low air exchange rate)

12. Iceshadows

Iceshadows Members

I work nights and can't wait to strip of my scrubs and hang out..lol

13. jen1976

jen1976 Member

It's almost the middle of June and i still havent slept in the nude this year,:angry:. Still chilly at night.

14. Asphalt-cowboy

Asphalt-cowboy Members

Sleep naked year round. Have been doing it sense my mid teenage years.

15. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

I'll put more covers on the bed. No way I'm sleeping in clothing.

16. Iceshadows

Iceshadows Members

I do year round..clothes are overrated.lol..well,some need way more than others..but not in your case

17. Italy185

Italy185 Straight male... here to make friends

Absolutely love sleeping naked, before I had kids was completely naked the entire time I was in my house...

18. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

Some people can be naked around their kids the whole time they're growing up. I found that odd so kept something near the bed to slip on in case they came around, or i wanted to check on them.

19. Italy185

Italy185 Straight male... here to make friends

I never thought that was a good idea personally not knocking the people that do it though... Always at least underwear and a t-shirt

20. Oldman46

Oldman46 Members

Always sleep naked , started about 20 years ago now I can't sleep with anything on ,