Single and feeling free. Might never date again.

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by happilyinlove, Mar 30, 2014.

1. happilyinlove

happilyinlove with myself :p

So a few major things have happened in my life, since I've been absent lately.

The first that started it all, I ended my relationship with my fiancé. Some things were causing strife in the relationship for a while, mainly interpersonal things I won't get into. Anyway after a couple unsuccessful attempts to end the relationship, I am finally single.

Two, I moved into my own place and I absolutely LOVE IT. I'm finding this freedom and independence soooo invigorating that I cannot peacefully or enthusiastically imagine myself being in another committed relationship again, ever.

Thats all.

2. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Happily out of love :p

3. happilyinlove

Lol, I knew someone was going to say something. I have a new tag line… see under my name :p

4. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

how long were you absent? it seems like it's only been a couple days at the most. not nearly long enough to break up, move out, and spend enough time single to form an educated opinion on being single.

if this has been coming for a while, is it safe to assume that the username was created partially in an attempt to convince yourself?

5. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Gotta love yourself. I'm crazy about me too :2thumbsup:

6. Heat

Heat Smile, it's contagious! :) Lifetime Supporter

All the best on moving forward. :)

7. OddApple

OddApple Member

It's a strange and hopeful feeling isn't it? Like now you can do a million things that make you happy. Where to begin? :)
    Best Wishes in your adventure. We almost always learn great things, advance in our own pursuits and skills and gain a stronger footing in life during these kinds of times. Enjoy ~

8. happilyinlove

Ya its great! I have so much more headspace to just let my mind and spirit float along. Before it was weighed down with the stress of the relationship. Feels great!

9. enhancer13

enhancer13 Senior Member

You are feeling this way, because you just got out of what probably was not a great relationship! Enjoy your you time. Never say never though. Someone will come along when you least expect it and change your mind on being alone. It just happens.

10. -Yggdrasil-

-Yggdrasil- Einherjar

I've come to the conclusion myself that if I ever end up single then that's it, I won't date again. I've put way too much hard time and effort into my relationship and I couldn't foresee myself going through the same thing with anybody else. I suspect anybody else would even be more hard work considering how compatible my missus already is with me.
    Hopefully I could stay single... and fuck girls on the side.

11. OddApple

OddApple Member

"That" can be bought on an as needed basis and since guys are the women now, I would think about two hours of entertainment about all half of 'em are worth.
    "Oh you're delightful! So much fun! Whoops! Two hours up! Back to the street you go!"
    And everything is still beautiful ~ ahahaha!

(Yes, I was having fun with it....)

12. Bunnielight

Bunnielight Member

Congratulations on that! I'm sure it's a wonderful feeling!

I'm sure it's a breath of fresh air to simply experience your life on your own terms. I'm sure I'd feel exactly the same way. :p

<3 Bunnie

13. Sallysmart

Sallysmart Raynstorm Serenade

When I left my first husband I felt the same altho later I realized it wasn't about being single at all even tho it felt like it at the time and was all I wanted. You might be right about yourself but some hunka hunka burnin love could come knocking at your door and mess with all your plans you have today, you watch.
    Best thing to do is enjoy all of this Me time as said above and take the next one a little slower to be sure it's all good once it gets serious. Today is the first day of your new life, have fun and don't let em corner you till you have taken the time you need. I loved being single but only for so long.

14. Jo King

Jo King wannabe

when I was 26 I found my girlfriend in bed with someone, I came up with a plan. Swearing off women tell I was 30. The plan was to work work work. Little did I know I would meet my wife 2 months later.
    So much for that plan.
    Hope you find your happiness whatever it may be :)

15. Abyssinian

Abyssinian Member

If you do ever decide to date again, I'm sure you'll remember this feeling and never settle for less than what you deserve. More people could benefit from feeling the way you do right now, at least once. =)

I know I did when I left my ex, and my current partner happily accepts that I'll do pretty much whatever I want and he does the same.. within your regular monogamous boundaries, that is. Best of both worlds!

16. la Principessa

la Principessa Old School HF Member

I feel the same way. If my fiance and I are done, I'm done dating for a long time. For the past 7 years I've been in relationships, not being single for longer than a month.

17. whitwhit

whitwhit Guest

I love living alone, too. I think if I get married or move in with someone again, I am going to have my own cabin or office apartment or studio or something.

A woman cave. No dicks allowed.
    : )

18. Sallysmart

I have a large sunroom off my bedroom, it's a great place to part ways from each other no matter who needs the time away from the other. Worked awesome for me and my hubby for 6 years. Now when BF moves in he is building a garage so the sunroom will be my retreat mostly while his will likely be the garage so we will have parting space as well as the house we will share. The sunroom has everything a guy or girl could need so it's a good place to hide from the other. He likes to hang out and fix things in the garage he has at his place and have his buddies hanging around, so will probably do lots of the same here once he has it built, shit, I might not even see much of him, hahahaha.
    I always had the idea a back yard shack would do the same but never bought a house that had one or bothered to build one altho at one place we had an old travel trailer parked on the side of the carport which we hooked up for lights, heat, tv, and music and when I did my studies that's where I went to do them, sometimes for hours I would be out there and that way our small house at that time wasn't so small where I couldn't get the peace and quiet I needed to do my school work. Mind you I still had tv on or music while I was out there even tho it was kind of what I was escaping in the house. I called it my studio.

19. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Glad you're in good spirits about things and feeling happy being single. :D

If I wasn't married I would love to be single and NEVER in a relationship. After my parents divorced my mom was never in a serious relationship (like living with) again and she loved (loves) it. I'm like her in the way that I like doing things my way....when I want to... so, if I wasn't married I know I'd love that too.

20. Sallysmart

But then again in a relationship you can do things your way if your man is the kind to share the same need.
    I had one guy try to tell me to do things his way, that one ended, not because of his ways but it was gonna end anyway because I chose to move for work so we kinda let it go southward and out the back door, I know it wouldn't have lasted tho since he was a bit controlling.
    I tend to pick guys who like to work as partners and can see things my way as well as his. I am pretty smart in a lot of ways and I like a man who is as well but knows his woman is too.
    BF says I am smarter then he is and let's me do lots my way and even does some things my way but then again he is the working kind and knows his business which I never could do and he has an interest in cars and yard stuff so we agreed he knows his shit and I know mine.
    If two people blend as one in their different ways they can make a great team but if a guy thinks he is the only one right,,, or girl, then its gonna be either a fight or one bows to the other. Not my style. I like to have my say but I hate to miss out on the other person's opinion leaving me the top either. That would mean all responsibility is on me and I want some, not all.
    Honestly, if a guy told me I wasn't smart or things get done his way, I would shut down and it's gonna be destroyed eventually.