Sinclair broadcasting orders local TV stations to read prepared script.

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by MeAgain, Apr 2, 2018.

1. Beach Ball Lady Balls

Beach Ball Lady Balls Banned

Yes I have been to university,

The agreement was signed by he north, south, Vietcong and the USA on January 27th 1973. The USA agreed to stop the bombing of Hanoi and did when the north returned to the table... US pulls out, in 1973 and had agreed to supply the south with arms. Eye for an eye type agreement. Later Nixon resigns, Democrats come in to power and stop supplying arms as promised. This is when the north decided to test the USA president, the war was won prior to the Democrats reneging on an agreement with the south. So the war was won but lost with the politics played by the Democrats.

Is your sister a history teacher?

2. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

President Richard Nixon, a Republican resigned and Gerald Ford, another Republican became President, Jacob Javits was a Republican Senator who declared "...large sums for evacuation, but not one nickel for military aid".[81]

The 93rd Congress ran from January 3, 1973, to January 3, 1975. Nixon resigned on August 9, 1974. The Senate was led by Spiro Agnew (R) until Oct. 1973, Gerald Ford (R) from December 6, 1973 – August 9, 1974, and Nelson Rockefeller (R) from December 19, 1974.
    The Democrats didn't come to power they already had the majority in both houses.

The war was already lost by Nixon in 1972.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2018
  3. Beach Ball Lady Balls

Beach Ball Lady Balls Banned

Yes and congress in 75 cut of funding to the south. To which was promised and had been supplied to prior to ford. They reneged on the signed agreement, effectively siding with the north.

4. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

In a bipartisan vote because the war was already lost.
    McNamara, the Secretary of Defense and a Republican at the time, "urged that a diplomatic solution be sought (in 1965). Convinced that the war was unwinnable, he left the Pentagon in 1968 to head the World Bank."

stormountainman likes this.
  5. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

Robert McNamara admitted the Tonkin Gulf incident was faked...never happened!

6. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

In the sixties Article X with its containment of communism theory was still in effect...did us a lot of good thanks to the Republican war mongers. And it was the Republican Richard Nixon who went to China to pave the way for the Most Favored Nation Trading Status. After that we had four years to rest during the Carter administration, then Reagan sent the country chasing the communists down in Latin and South America, because he wanted to contain communism again! The Republicans will say anything to promote wars so their corporate friends could get taxpayer dollars. In the 1970s it was the troops who turned against the war. See the movie "Yes Sir, No Sir!"

7. GeorgeJetStoned

GeorgeJetStoned Odd Member

Radio stations do this same shit. I go from city to city and hear the same stupid "morning shows" when I'd rather hear music. The "classic" rock stations seem to only own maybe 40 CDs and they only play the singular top hit from any one of them. The news is useless everywhere I drive, same old crap from morning to night. Unless there's a horrific accident, which I get to hear about every 7 minutes for 3 hours.

Orison likes this.
  8. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

Yeah it's sad when kids get programmed to say horrible insults to others. The teacher should never be called names.

School is no place for political platforms either......oh wait......nevermind.

I don't care for just about all media news outlets. They are profit based and ratings driven.

But since the liberals seem to want war, welcome aboard. I have gotten used to the disrespectful liberals for the past decade. Not you get to deal with the disrespectful Right wing kids being disrespectful. Hope everyone is happy now.