Shut down margarine production!

Discussion in 'Protest' started by Bilby, Mar 15, 2006.

1. Bilby

Bilby Lifetime Supporter and Freerangertarian Super Moderator

[font=&quot]
    You sound like someone after my heart.
    That is your choice. Unnecessary since you seem to have quite a healthy diet anyway.
    I would not say the odd pizza made on the shop premises would be that unhealthy. The trouble with bread flour these days is that they put soy flour in it as well and we all know soy is unhealthy.
    I was not intending to be aggressive, maybe a bit extreme but that is how you move things along in politics. It is demagoguery. I used to think that margarine production should be gradually phased out, but discussing the matter with a vegan at a Confest once, convinced me that I should take the position he was taking.
    Agreed . Sport is boring.[/font]

2. the_psyches_prism

the_psyches_prism Member

I dont consume human organs either. Sorry. But from the sound of your diet it probably wouldn't be that unhealthy! I have a morbid sense of humor on occasion, you will have to excuse me, I mean no harm. And no, Im not a cannibal.

Yes you are right, it is often times necessary in political matters to be agressive, sometimes it is the only way to be heard. I was merely kindly suggesting that you rethink your course of action, alot of individuals are going to see your agression and immediately become defensive. Its all just a chess game....You move, they move, you move.....I believe in choosing your battles wisely, sometimes it is necessary to be the agressor and sometimes it is necessary to wait for the fight to come to you. It all depends on the circumstances...this is where the wisdom comes in. Like that old song, you gotta know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em, and when to walk away. Its a matter of personal choice, the battles we choose to fight as individuals, I respect your stance on the hydrogenizing of the worlds food sources, margarine in particular. I agree that it IS a major nutritional issue.

In my mind the next most evil food to margarine is velveeta or other processed cheeses. I despise velveeta, its an insult to my cooking skills. If I am going to have clogged arteries I am going to clog them on imported or locally made homemade fine cheeses...Of course the wine I drink with dinner probably nullifys most of the effects of the cheese to begin with....

And the pizza...... I make my own. ;)

3. streamlight2

streamlight2 Member

Actually, you are wrong there, it was invented in the 1860's by Hippolyte Mege-Mouries of France in response to Napoleons prize to create a viable butter substitute. Therefore yea, it is a lie.

4. the_psyches_prism

the_psyches_prism Member

Well we learn something new everyday dont we! Id love to see your source for this though. Link please? Sorry, Im just not the type who spends my life trying to prove people wrong, my lack of effort in an attempt to do so is only indicative of my desire to believe you were right. In all truth...I really dont care when margarine was invented because I dont eat the shit! I would like to know how someone managed to hydrogenize oil before the process was invented.....So shed some more light sunshine!

5. streamlight2

streamlight2 Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Margarine

Manufacturers produced oleomargarine by taking clarified beef fat, extracting the liquid portion under pressure, and then allowing it to solidify. When combined with butyrin and water, it made a cheap and more-or-less palatable butter-substitute.

6. the_psyches_prism

the_psyches_prism Member

Okay I hear what you are saying, but what we are talking about here is the use of hydrogenization in food products, not the evils of fat persay.

That is really cool though, I didnt know that but now I do! Thankyou! ;)

7. Bilby

You have things slightly mixed up. Sure beef fat is sometimes used in caterers' margerines eg pastry margarine and cake margarine and some other stick margarines .Talking from personal experience none have the appearence of food. Beef fat aka drippng, is obtained by boiling up bits of fatty dead cow for a while, straining off and cooling the liquid. The then solidified fat is skimmed of the top. You can do the same thing at home if you want to. This is a process that has been in use for eons. Because dripping is already solid is does not need to be hydronated.

Vegetable oils on the other hand obtained by quite a different process. Basically seeds are crushed under high pressure that leads to heat. The remaining seeds are piut for further oil extraction using solvents very similar to petrol aka gasoline, that is then removed by heating the oil to 150c. or this reason there are sometimes explosions at vegetable oil factories.
    More info in Fats that heal, Fats that kill by Udo Erasmus.

8. Bilby

9. jagerhans

jagerhans Far out, man. Lifetime Supporter

Bilby likes this.
  10. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Cholesterol is what the entire nervous system is made out of. Without it you'd be dead. Also, most of the cholesterol in the blood comes from the liver, which produces cholesterol when it is exposed to things like excess amounts of sugar. Blood cholesterol has little to do with dietary cholesterol intake, and almost everything to do with the consumption of large amounts of fructose. Even if cholesterol was a contributing factor in heart disease (it's not -- inflammation is), it has nothing to with with whether you eat butter or not. Butter is a whole food which consists of the healthy saturated and omega-3 fats your body needs (and is loaded with vitamins and minerals), whereas margarine is heavily processed and high in rancid trans fats and inflammatory omega-6 fatty acids.

jagerhans and Bilby like this.
  11. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Margerine is plastic and can cause lypomas as the body cannot digest it.

jagerhans, Candy Gal and Bilby like this.