She's Overseas, What To Do?

Discussion in 'Men's Issues' started by look_wthin, Dec 27, 2014.

1. Jukai

Jukai Members

That is some love, man. Unless, by "next country", you mean landlocked Europe where you can catch a train and be at her home in a couple of hours :D Hell, commutes to/from Los Angeles take longer than that. But even that, I couldn't do.

2. Alternative_Thinker

Alternative_Thinker Darth Mysterious

Ha, I wish! lol

10+ hours plane flight each way. I think we'd be more than happy to choose a distance akin to that between a commute and LA, if we could circumstantially afford that at this time.

3. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

You'll wanna go:tearsofjoy: and add another 3-5mins to that train time, if you got that 3hrs from a schedule site then your more realistic time is like 3:03 - 3:05. You do that a few times, lose 10mins of your life, you're just going to come to the inevitable, is she even worth that wasted time. :p losing 3mins a trip 'ere bruh.

4. Alternative_Thinker

For some people, long distance relationships DO work. There are obstacles but if that relationship is worth pursuing, then it's worth pursuing.

5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I know they work. :) I know a few couples that were LD when it was cool in the 90s and they're happly mmarried now.

6. Alternative_Thinker

That's awesome. :)

7. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

10 hr flight is about 8000 kms.

Theres no one closer within an 8000 km radius worth pursuing?

Suuuuumthin tells me you arent telling us everything

An LDR to most means a couple hundred kms away; you drive down, only see each other on the weekends.

Not 1/3 of a world away

8. Alternative_Thinker

My girlfriend and I are together because that's what ended up happening.

Of course I'm not telling the HF community everything. I don't feel like I have to. I don't feel obligated to share every single detail of my relationship with my girlfriend. What, are you suggesting I met her through Foreign Affairs, or something? Look at when I joined HF, I'm not a spammer around here.

I was a member of a website that was dedicated to people in LDR's, so I know this stuff. Trust me when I say that there are many couples where the distance means internationally, as in 8000+km away from one another This is more common than meets the eye.

9. candys

candys Visitor

One of my best friends is in the same boat. He met one pretty gal from Sweden at international dating website. She told him her phone number and they call to each other regularly. Luckily it's easy to find any country code here https://areaphonecodes.com/sweden. They are going to meet in person soon. Don't waste your time and call her.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2018
  10. Alternative_Thinker

My girlfriend and I have already met in person once, and we're going to again this summer. And we Skype regularly. ;-)

11. candys

candys Visitor

well, that's a good sign)

12. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

I am beginning to feel that half the new posts are pure fantasies, rather than related to the poster in any way.
    Not a lot is happening to me these days, so I simply respond to the handful of genuine members, rather than dreaming up rubbish.

Eric! likes this.