Sh!thole Nations

Discussion in 'Politics' started by GeorgeJetStoned, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Im comfortable with that. Im not looking at it from a guilt perspective. I just find it ridiculous people are denying or downplaying how native american culture was deliberately demolished by the european settlers.

2. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Because in America it wasnt the European settlers. The Indian removal act came into effect in 1830.

Wasnt the first generation settlers anyway, was the 3rd/4th generation ones. 9th/10th generation if you count from Jamestown

In 1763 King George III of England tried to set up a Native Americans only zone, a couple years before the American Revolution

Everyone wants to paint a picture it was the Europeans, wasnt the Europeans. The final death blow for Native american culture came 50 something years after Americas independance, the majority of black slaves from Africa also came after American Independance

Abraham Lincoln signed the execution orders for 39 native american prisoners from the Sioux war (altough they did kill 800 white people), while he was President removal of native americans from their land was well underway

3. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

America was not founded in 1492. That was when Chris Columbus landed in what is today THE DOMINICAN REPUBLIC. He and the Spanish government called it HISPANIOLA. Please don't mix that up with The United States of America, which was founded/established in 1776. The period of in-between years is know as the Colonial period where America was a BRITISH COLONY. While there were instances of slavery during that period, that business practice did not rev-up until America was taken from the British crown. In the American constitution, Congress describes how the new government would deal with the Indians and establishes a 3/5 of a human recognition of black men for the purpose of drawing congressional districts. At first White and Black women were not allowed to vote. Neither were black men. Voting was the right of White men. In the years between 1776 and the start of the civil war, the Western Frontier was moved farther and farther to the west, because the American Army kept relocating the Indian Tribes. Indiana was first used as a place to put Indians where Whites would not have to look at them. Tribes like the Delaware were moved there. After the war for Independence, George Washington gave free land to the Minutemen and the Indiana Indians were moved to Oklahoma. That included the Delaware, Miami, and Cherokee (from Carolina and Georgia) tribes. After the Civil war, the American government went after the Western Tribes, like the Apache, Comanche, Arapaho and others. The Nergos were kept in chains during that entire time until the end of the civil war. After the civil war, the Negros were no in physical iron chains, but restrained by Jim Crow laws which kept them from living THE GOOD LIFE. Until the Civil Rights Act was passed in 1964, one could see signs in America which declared Negros had to use separate bath rooms, separate drinking fountains, separate restaurants, separate churches, separate grave yards, and ride in the back of the bus. So, if you think Negros have an attitude, you should have a long hard look in the mirror and ponder American history.

4. Asmodean

I don't really see the logic in your post. You're talking about the left and how I'm not being american seems to matter.
    I'm not coming from a leftist perspective here. And I'm not using the word despicable in a pc way or like its immoral to deny because they're some ethnic minority or something. You're simply at odds with history if you act like it didn't happen intentionally.

stormountainman likes this.
  5. stormountainman

That sounds some thing stupid that Trump would say, "questionable" and "illegitimate" if they disagree with his extra large ass.

6. stormountainman

I think the Southern Bible Belt states are rather cruddy.

BaldnBare likes this.
  7. stormountainman

I like George Galloway.

8. Asmodean

You're overly focussing on the first generation of north west european settlers. With settlers i don't just mean the first generation. I include their offspring and later arrivals with that.
    If you look at the spanish though, you see that it happened pretty soon after their arrival.

9. Asmodean

It seems you have a discussion with a different Asmodean, as I did not even argue any of this stuff.
    I explicitly stated guilt has nothing to do with my stance.You seriously suffer from tunnel vision. Its clear YOU have a problem with white guilt. And you are projecting it on everyone else who acknowledges historical facts that show european colonists were rather oppressive in spreading their culture.

stormountainman likes this.
  10. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Which is an annoying part of it, how many generations is it until they are classed as Americans and not European Settlers. Europe still gets the blame one, two hundred years later. That sounds like a cop out

GeorgeJetStoned likes this.
  11. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

That's still 300+ years since times of settlement. You're just looking for ways to be ashamed with your country. It's a tad sheepish in my view. I'm also going to pretty much believe what wikipedia tells me over anything you're going to tell me sorry. It's Wikipedia, much more reputable that a HF member. ;) So don't feel the need to tell me to read a history book either. I closely researched what I needed to make my point in the first place.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
  12. stormountainman

Wrong...I am looking to stand against injustice...anytime...anywhere...against slavery in the south....against genocide of Indian tribes...against torture of Iraqis at Abu Ghraib...and murder of Panamanian citizens (see Panama Deception film by Empowerment Project)

13. stormountainman

After two hundred years, Black and Brown people are still considered non-citizens by dem White Guys. Denied employment, health care, vacations, retirement, paycheck garnished, homelessness, abusive policing, and attacked during voter registration drives (as in Indiana 2016)

scratcho likes this.
  14. Maccabee

Maccabee Luke 22:35-38

Well, there is a reason why Chicago is nicknamed Chiraq.

BaldnBare likes this.
  15. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Dude, your house is full of stuff made by 12 yr old chinese boys and girls

16. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

You really expect anyone to take that seriously?

neoprene_queen and Irminsul like this.
  17. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Standing up for injustices of half a century ago.. Ehhh. I don't know if I see the point in that.

Just take a look at Germany over the last 100 years and the differences from pre WW1 to the 1920s, to the 50s and from the Berlin war era to today's open arm one of the worlds most accepting countries.

My point is political agendas change as newer generations prevail.

18. stormountainman

What planet do you live on?

19. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Yup. Didn't say Iike it though.

20. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

If you added the word "some"--hell, even "most"--before the term "White Guys" there would be no reason to attack your post.

You just made an incredibly racist and insensitive statement weather you are aware of it or not