Sex in Water?

Discussion in 'Sexual Health' started by Bella_Donna, Mar 4, 2009.

1. Bella_Donna

Bella_Donna *Femme Fatale*

I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the proper place, but I'm a little unsure of where it should go. Health, Love and Sex (general), Sexual Health? Whatever, I'm here now.

Anyways, I remember when I was much younger, I heard or read somewhere that having sex in water, especially if it has chlorine, is dangerous to your health. I believe it was something about irritation from washing away your body's natural lubricant. Also, I think there was something about upping your risk of an infection of some sort, perhaps urinary tract?

So, I've never had sex in water (in the shower; yes, but never in a pool, lake, jacuzzi, etc.), because I always thought it was so bad for you... But, on the other hand, I've heard many people talk about wonderful and pleasurable sex they've experienced in hot tubs and swimming pools. I'm starting to question my "knowledge"...

Okay, what (if any) are the negative or possibly harmful consequences of intercourse in H2O?

lola_chic likes this.
  2. caliente

caliente Senior Member

Good question. I don't know about the infection part, but washing away lubricant is reason enough for me to avoid sex under water. I tried it a couple of times when I was younger and quickly discovered that it didn't work very well. So I haven't tried it since.

What you said about chlorine makes sense ... chlorine is a toxic chemical. But then, you get the same washing-away effect in the ocean. So neither a swimming pool nor the ocean worked very well for me.

Iloveorgasms5 likes this.
  3. Kama

Kama Member

Silicone based lube wont wash away, and the penis seals the vagina in water so it cant get in.

Hot tub sex is freaking awesome.

Python 8, Alice in SC and Iowaboi like this.
  4. Italianist

Italianist Members

It does hurt the vagina from experience my ex had a rash and so did my cock but it turned me on so much to see her wet

Tiddy likes this.
  5. Kerri

Kerri Members

I’ve had sex in a pool, lake and hot tub. I personally find the idea of it sexy but they were all a bit awkward. I never got any infection from it but it makes sense your risk would be higher theoretically chemically treated water is bacteria free but it doesn’t always work out that way.

Tiddy, Jayandcay and Barry Thrift like this.
  6. Italianist

Italianist Members

The shower with my cousin wasn't so bad with not being in water.

Joshua Van likes this.
  7. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

Crabs, (the real ones) can be a problem if you get too carried away in the shallow waters off the south coast of the UK.

Tiddy and Piobaire like this.
  8. MikeE

MikeE Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

My wife and I had a fun time in a hot springs once. Great fun, until we found that loss of lubricant plus rubbing had left her so raw and sore that she couldn't stand being touched. For a week. (Heck of a way to start a romantic weekend.)

In hot water is fun. The restriction "don't stroke or rub, squeeze instead" makes it a little spicier. Leave the rubbing, stroking, inserting until after you're on dry land.

Tiddy likes this.
  9. Sammy76

Sammy76 Members

Silicone lube is a great idea. Yeah stretching open a woman and sliding in is okay but not in and out. Mostly just slide in, push her against a water jet in the pool and whisper dirty things in her ear. Silicone lube huh...awesome suggestion.

Tiddy likes this.
  10. MikeE

Adding lube might be an approach, but many pools have a "wash off all sunscreen before use" policy, which would probably extend to lube or anything that leaves a residue in the pool.

Tiddy likes this.
  11. deleted

deleted Visitor

its a good way to get a vaginal infection.

Tiddy likes this.
  12. AstroShark

AstroShark Member

I like to have sex in the shower and always liked the idea of doing it in a pool but reading these comments has me thinking twice about ever doing that now

Tiddy likes this.
  13. MikeE

Foreplay in the pool is awesome. But penetration?? Well, the side of the pool is near by.

14. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

I enjoy sex in the shower, but not in pools, bathtub, etc.

Tiddy, Jayandcay and Kerri like this.
  15. Barry Thrift

Barry Thrift Members

I love sex in the sea or pool, but then again my pool is a sea salt pool, great for swimming in and for sex same as the sea, just may sure you lubricate first, and go deeper water so people cant see what your doing, I will tell you its fantastic a must do thing or something that really needs doing.

I love it and so does the wife, go for it guys and girls.

Tiddy likes this.
  16. .

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2020
    Twogigahz and KL71 like this.
  17. Nebulous

Nebulous Carpe diem

Sex in water or in the shower is not as fun as it sounds. It turns everything into sandpaper, lol

Driftrue and Orison like this.
  18. jagerhans

jagerhans Far out, man. Lifetime Supporter

it is near to impossible to keep a condom on. don't know if a hose clamp could help lol
    [​IMG]

19. deleted

deleted Visitor

if you have sex in a swimming pool, pond, lake, ocean, the penis pushing dirty water into the vagina is a be bad idea..

Tiddy and Eric! like this.
  20. DrRainbow

DrRainbow Ambassador of Love

Nice and wet.