service at your house

Discussion in 'Bare It! Nudism and Naturism' started by nudistinwoods, Feb 22, 2018.

1. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

Still lunchtime here in the UK. LOL

Joe90 and GLENGLEN like this.
  2. nudistinwoods

nudistinwoods Members

This is a little different but that’s what we do at our club because there would be no way to avoid it

3. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

That's a little too free spirited for me. Besides, all the crazy shit happening these days, that's bringing unnecessary attention, in my opinion.

4. nudistinwoods

nudistinwoods Members

Thanks for the feedback and I agree “shocking people” doesn’t help our movement. Our club manager also welcomes visitors in a similar way. My wife does greet them some covering if we don’t know them

5. nudistinwoods

nudistinwoods Members

Scheduled my AC maintence today and he’s been doing it for awhile and knows were nudists. He actually asked me today if we mind putting on something for the tune up because he’s training someone or if I just wanted to reschedule. I asked him what worked best and he said it didn’t matter to him. Ironically his final decision was to do the service himself as usual. The funny part he said was I wasn’t the only one. I was surprised by the comment.

Joe90 and NudistTed like this.
  6. deleted

deleted Visitor

200amp..

7. Aranmich

Aranmich Members

I usually let them know if it's an appointment. If they show up to the door, I just say, "Hope you don't mind, I don't wear clothes because I'm a nudist."

I have an old house, so it seems like there's always someone doing repairs. I'm a larger woman, so I get a lot of stares. That's the beauty of this lifestyle, though. I don't have to hide.

Joe90, NudistTed and Cristelion like this.
  8. treeswinger10

treeswinger10 Members

Being a carpenter/electrician and working for many different people’s homes, I’ve never had anyone ask. It wouldn’t bother me though.....heck I might even do the repair sans clothes. Provided the homeowner was ok with it of course.

NudistTed likes this.
  9. wilsjane

That reminded me or the day that I was sans safety boots on a late night power failure call (rare to hear a Latin quote on HF).
    I had a routine visit from the safety inspector and when he started making a fuss, I just pointed out that we were only outside because the woman would not allow him into her house with his boots on. Needless to say, he was a bit lost for words and just muttered something before heading off to annoy someone else at 2am in the morning.

treeswinger10 likes this.
  10. *pixy*

*pixy* Member

"sans" is French, Latin would be "sine"
    Sorry for being annoying.
    ;-)

treeswinger10 likes this.
  11. wilsjane

You have really surprised me that I have been living with this misconception for 55 year.
    I was told that it was Latin, when reading the 7 ages of man at college.
    What puzzles me is why Shakespeare, who is regarded as one of the masters of the English language, used a French word as an adjective..

12. treeswinger10

treeswinger10 Members

I had no idea lol, I just know it means without.

13. *pixy*

*pixy* Member

Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
  14. waynedunn

waynedunn Banned

I love working at home nude when I can..

15. wilsjane

Thank you. It is conversations like this that make HF a somewhat unique and very interesting site to spend some time on.
    As an engineer and partly qualified doctor, in common with most people in the UK, I never had the urge to learn a second language, probably because their were too many to choose from.
    From my very limited knowledge of French, one thing has always puzzled me about placing adjectives before or after a noun. Why would I say, voiture bleue, but reverse the order in sans dents, is it somehow connected to common and proper nouns.
    You have also reminded me to see my dentist, or I will be sans dents soon.

Last scene of all,
    That ends this strange eventful history,
    Is second childishness and mere oblivion,
    Sans teeth, sans eyes, sans taste, sans everything. :worried::worried::worried:

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
    *pixy* likes this.
  16. Amontillado

Amontillado Member extraordinaire HipForums Supporter

"Without" is a preposition, not an adjective. But common adjectives do go before the noun in French, so you'd say "Dents blanches" (white teeth) but "Grandes dents" (big teeth).

17. nudistguyny

nudistguyny Senior Member

95% of the time I do my own work. The last time I had a contractor or service person in was three years ago when I had a new roof put on the house. It was just a little more then I wanted to tackle at the time.

18. NaturistJames

NaturistJames Members

Never gone nude while someone works at my house but I do have a couple of customers who allow to work nude at their home.

NudistTed likes this.
  19. Steveh

Steveh Members

We'd love to have nude handyman around our house

NaturistJames likes this.