Sea Salt instead of Table Salt

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by David0301, Mar 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deleted

deleted Visitor

I like the blue road salt..

farmerdon likes this.
  2. David0301

David0301 Members

as I said , be careful with the pink himalayan sea salt, tricky business here, being sold much more expensive mosly because of the pink look. There was one examination conducted of several manufacturers and many of them had their "himalayan sea salt" from other countries as asmodean mentioned.

ITherefore I am going for the real deal , sea salt, that you can verify yourself , you can see it, smell it, feel it, tastes like pure sea salt. also much cheaper 1-2 euros per package.
    also: as another user here mentioned : you have some impurites in himalayan sea salt that always is inside: some particles of rock/stone other than salt is always inside.
    + PLUS , and this another mickeys gumball, they grind that lumps off the mountain with metal-blades . leaving some particles of the metal-blade in it as was offcially discovered during the same examination mentioned above.

3. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

I have tried to do that but I cant seem to get enough salt in it! (It goes to the bottom of the tub)

4. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

A doctor that my husband wants to start going to for his physical, recommends Himalyan Salt so I'm sure that's why my husband bought it.

David0301 likes this.
  5. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Maybe the good doc has something to gain from advocating Himalayan salt to the average american.
    I would only use it if I was living near the Himalaya or perhaps somewhere in India where it is likely more easily transported to. Otherwise some good local or closer by sea salt is good enough.

6. David0301

David0301 Members

wao i like the keto diet, been on it for over 2 years, great great

Aerianne likes this.
  7. Aerianne

You are such a suspicious person, lol

8. Aerianne

Salt should dissolve in water...

9. Asmodean

Not really. I just know its not worth buying Himalaya salt for western citizens. So if one is on a budget and concerned about health (and environment) they could do their advantage with such insights.

10. David0301

David0301 Members

maybe he does not stir it in order to dissolve, the hard grained sea salt must be stired to be dissolved, he says "it sinks at the bottom" , sounds like he does not stir it, do you dude111 ?

11. Aerianne

Why not splurge on pink salt if you want to?

12. Asmodean

Why not indeed. Certainly if one still wants to after being fully informed.
    But like I said: if one values the environment as much as themselves the weight of it on the environment because it has to be transported over more than half the globe to reach you seems a valid reason to reconsider.

13. Meliai

Meliai Banned

What isnt transported halfway around the world these days?

14. Aerianne

IKR

15. Asmodean

Plenty. You often have an option. Also, details matter: does it come from a neighbouring country? Or across an ocean or whole continent? Oranges come to mind for a north european example.
    Sea salt is a great example. Especially if you consider the details matter thingie ;) as himalayan salt comes from as far as it can get.
    If we would only get stuff from the other side of the world thats really not available otherwise, and has beneficial aspects that make it worthwile, we would be making a significant impact for the better.
    I personally make exceptions for bananas (only get organic and fairtrade) and avocados. I could buy oranges from south Africa, but rather go with ones from Spain.

16. Aerianne

Where does your salt come from?

The amount of salt that I would use in a lifetime would never compare to the amount of salt used on roads where you live.

I'm not concerned about my salt use impacting the environment.

Salt trucks cover 30,000 KM of Dutch roads; Ice breakers ready

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
  17. Asmodean

I think the atlantic ocean, european side.

Its good you don't consume that much salt lol. That would be deadly.
    My point about Himalayan salt though, and many other products that are transported all around the world for no other reason than profit and cheaper options for labour or certain ingredients is that its an unneccesary source of pollution. What do you gain from Himalayan salt and what does transporting it costs (not just in your purse)? Seems a worthy point of consideration.

18. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Where do your avocados and bananas come from, Asmo?

19. Asmodean

Latin America. I'd guess yours too?

Edit: I rarely buy avocados though.

20. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i would take that as a sign that there's too much salt in it rather than too little.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.